Share your worst BF experience & win a BF t-shirt - CONTEST OVER!

Brad

It was black friday 1998, I was 8 months pregnant. My mother and I decided to go to KB Toys in the mall because they had a sesame street gym set (the kind the baby lays under) that I really wanted for $4.99 for my soon to be born baby. Well we get in there and mind you this is the year of the Furby and the store is tiny. Boy that was a mistake. I get all the way to the back and get my item and try to start out when all the people just start pushing and shoving me. I am freaking out being about due and started to sweat and get really upset. I couldn't find my mother at all. Finally after an hour I found my mother, mind you tiny store, and she told me to get out of the store and she would wait so after fighting another 1/2 hour I finally make it out of the store and sit down and wait for my mother all while having contractions! I thought for sure I was goint into labor and for an 18 year old this was all pretty overwhelming. But no baby and she was born a few weeks later.

Ok, worst ever experience was about 3 years ago at Walmart. My sister and I were in line for about 3 hours, this was the year they had the Care Bears for $10 (that seems so ridiculous to me now!).

We run into the store with everyone else and try and cut through the clothing sections (which are right next to electronics) to get to the toy dept. Well, those brilliant Walmart employees decided to stack up all the box deals, about six feet high, like the TV's, vacuum cleaners, and stuff all around the entire section of clothes! We are stuck, stranded, TRAPPED! Then, we start hearing people screaming. I peer over the boxes and see people being smooshed and pushed and employees actually tossing laptops in the air! I began to panic. No matter where I turned I couldn't find the way I came in! It was like being in a maze! Finally people started grabbing the deals that were stacked up around the section and I climbed over a shorter stack of TV's and escaped, narrowly!

We did get those darn care bears and to tell the truth, I've already given them away because my daughter never really played with them. And to think I risked my life for that thing!:eyepoppin

Edited by Mugglemom

I would have to say the year that Target sold the video rockers for like $15- I was alone that year and had to carry the video chair and all the other items I wanted around the store and my arm felt like it was going to fall off...other than that most years have been fairly decent. I do think that having a laid back this is for fun kind of attitude helps to keep you out of bad situations. I go in knowing I really want everything and will run and jump for it, but I also like to be positive and know its not the end of the world if I have to pay full price for it later.

I'll easily loose this one. I really don't have any bad experiences to share. I always get up and go early, usually spending the nightin line somewhere. I have a pocket full of candy canes for the clerks at the store ( I used to be one... In a toy department so i know.) I make friends with all the people in line around me, we chat, share coffee, watch movies, take turns warming up in each others cars, grab and toss stuff to each other in stores..... ended up taking the kids (ok, kids are 17..lol) behind us in line @ BB last year out to breakfast. I felt bad. :fluffy: Old Navy let us in way early because the store manager came out to chat and I told her we do this every year and had waited in line over night, so she let us some in and 'warm up' we has the store to ourselves to shop!

Worst thing I can think of is when I brought a friend with me and she didn't get the laptop she wanted and made a huge scene about not getting it. Hollered and complained forever (I think she still is). Or maybe the year I went bf shopping with my mom... she wanted to 'browse' every store. :shudder:

I guess it feels good to loose.... nothing real bad to share.

This happened about 7 or 8 yrs ago.......Digital cameras was just hitting big and Walmart had one advertised for $99 (it was only about a 2mega pixiel) but I wanted it . It was going to be my first digital . so I go to walmart with a couple of friends of mine and when we got back to the electronics they only had 2 (surprise surprise) I was 2nd in line so the clerk hands me one . This man grabs it or trys to jerk it from my hands and I was pulling and he was pulling and finally I ask someone to get a manager. The manager comes back and ask who was there first and everyone said I was so she told the man that the camera was mine. He was soooo mad and cursed me and the manager. I did get to keep the camera though. After it was over I ask my friends husband why he did not try to help me and he said "Hey you were doing fine all by yourself. You really stood up to that guy" Now normally I don't go for the pushing and arguing over an item but I was not going to let him jerke it out of my hands. That is probably the worst experiance I have had even though I have been going for many years.

I never really had a bad experience on BF. Just a run in here and there with some rude people who shouldn't be out on BF if they can't handle the crowds and lines. I did know someone who got their t.v. stole out of their cart. I never leave my cart unattended. For the most part our area is pretty calm and friendly.

most of my BF experiences have been great...the first many years I was working, but it was fun (busy, tiring and frustraiting, but still fun). One year I decided that I was going shopping, so I offered to work the later shift at our store and I was approved, however after that the district manager put out a notice that ALL employees were required to work the morning of BF, even if you had to work that evening. I lied (a big thing since I'm NOT a liar) and said that I had family stuff to do that day (ok, it wasn't a BIG lie...I WAS with my sil...) and totally forgot about the job stuff. We were shopping at the mall (not until later that morning, like 10am), and started to walk by the store and then realized that I was supposed to be working and almost fell on my butt trying to back up away from the glass windows.

Store closed shortly after that so I didn't have to worry about working BF anymore

I have witnessed many bad things happen though...people taking things out of others' carts, pushing past real old people (not people dressed up as old people), I saw one woman get her arm broke in the crush to enter Walmart...

The saddest thing I think I have seen on BF is when I was in line(the back of the line) to check out in our Walmart, a young couple had a cart of toy "Door Busters". She turned to look at something and someone walked away with her cart....just took it, full of their Christmas gifts. I tried to help in the situation...but it was complete chaos. I have had things taken away, out of my cart, but nothing I needed. My MIL had a habit of grabbing door buster toys are walking around with her cart asking late comers if they need or wanted them. It can bring out the not so nice in people...and the nicest all in the same day!

Last year, me and DW went to TRU. I saw the line for the R-Zone and decided that we should split up. I went and asked a person who worked there to show me the back of the line and was directed. It came to my time to enter and I was told I was cutting in front of the line along with three other people. I looked at the guard and showed him the person who put me in the line, who verified, but he wouldn't budge. I went to the back of the line, which they now swerved up and down the aisles and got to the opening and was told I was in the wrong line again. They made me go to the R-Zone line again and merged me with the other cattle. It took me another half-hour to get through and get the four things I needed.

my worst was my first and best-got me addicted!

It was 3 or 4 years ago..walmart had the dvd players for 20.00 and i was in the store standing by them people are crowding all around me, there were some employees standing near saying they had to wait till it was time and then next thing i know the paper was being cut and dvd players are being thrown everywhere. That was it for me i loved the excitement everyone going crazy!

My 1st BF was 15 years ago. My DD was 11 mo old (I was a single mom at the time) so I had to take her with me. I went to BB for a dvd player. I had to driver an hour in terrible snow/ice type weather, I couldn't find a parking spot, then waited in the freezing cold with her forever (I can't remember now how long). When I finally got it and through the mad rush of people, I couldn't find the items so I asked an associate and he said 'they never got any of the dvd players in'. I went home empty handed. I was so mad that I have not been out shopping on BF (other than internet shopping) until I found this site last year.

3 years ago I went with my sister she was getting some stuff I had the buggy for her after she put her stuff in I was waiting in the checkout while she went to grab something else I had to pee couldnt hold it so I asked someone to watch the buggy when I came back it was gone after we traveled an hour away to get her stuff someone took it I was so scared she was going to whoop me! she was mad as **** but after looking for another 30 minutes I found the buggy the lady was waiting in the back she thought we would just leave and forget about it I guess, she made some excuse but we found it!! no whooping but my sister still talkes about it to this day!!

I was waiting in line at Target to get my dd a gameboy ... they had these special colors only at target and she really wanted a green one. Anyway, they people behind me in line had a child with them around 5. Now he kept saying his tummy hurt and the mom kept saying, we will get something to eat soon, etc. Well, just as they opened the doors to let us in, he threw up all over the back of me! It was disgusting, and I had to get that silly gameboy. I actually shopped with throw up on me. I went home after target, but it was disgusting. I could hear people saying it smelled like throw up .... and I knew it was me!

I will never forget that trip.

Mine was a couple years ago....After standing in line for at least an hour @ walmart the registers shut down (from the main office) for maintenence as soon as I was next! It took like 20mins but felt like 2 hrs so while we where waiting in line I turned around to speak with my mother and BAM a little old lady stole the DVD player out of my cart and then ran like hell away from me I yelled, any everyone was watching yelling "get the old hag"! The DVD player wasn't actually mine yet because I hadn't been through the check out line but I had to stop and say to myself , "what the hell is wrong w/me... your chasing an old lady for a DVD player" It was super funny this lady must of been 85+. I didnt get that DVD player that year but my story is priceless! LoL :)

MY WORST BF EVER!!!!!!!!!! We are standing in the 2 hour check out line at Kohls Just got in line too. I don't remember what I had. I think it was the dual portable DVD players. Anyway. My sister went with me because she wanted me to charge all of her stuff and in return she would let me keep the $10 coupons.....ANYWAY so we are in line barely 15 minutes, and guess what- Her water breaks!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I didn't get my dvd players and she didn't get the stuff that she had, but 9 hours later I got to see my beautiful nephew. so it was worth it!

My worst experience was in 2002. I had already decided that I didn't really need anything, so I decided to skip it.

However, I couldn't sleep well that night, so I was already up at 3. I decided that I'd just wing it and headed to my first store, KB Toys at about 5am. After waiting in line for over an hour and not getting anything that I'd wanted, I decided that it wasn't worth it and went home.

I consider this my worst because I took no time to plan my day and I ended up hating the whole experience.

OK, I've never really had a "bad" experience on BF. My cousins always have stories to tell, and my sister and I had decided it must all be their fault. But, after reading these posts, maybe they aren't so crazy - my sis & I are just lucky :).

Anyway, if I had to pick a bad year it would be this...Several years ago my sister and I needed something from Kay-B toys. We got to the mall a couple hours before opening, and there was no one there. It was rainy that morning, so we waited in the car. Time came for Kayb to open, and there was still no one else at the mall! Finally, I called information and it turns out that mall did not have a Kay-B Toys!! Yeah, we felt pretty stupid :o. By the time we got to the correct mall, about 10 minutes away, the line for Kay-B toys was ridiculous! I don't remember what the item was, but I remember there was no way we were waiting in that line for it.

well my bf shopping has been pretty tame compared to some of these stories. I guess my worst would have to be last year at Sears. Every register we tried to check out at had problems. needless to say we ended up leaving our stuff so we could get to target.

this past year i was camping with a few friends in front of best buy. we were the second tent and 5th and 6th in line. we had given out cards to the people in line showing what number you were so when the time came to really get in line there wasn't any confusion. anyway. Friday morning at about 3 a.m a car pulls up and someone gets out and tries to hop in the front of the line..... we all politely ask him to leave and he refuses stating he had been there the whole time sitting in the parking lot. this was obviously not true. so he continued to stand there. then came the bad part. a fight almost broke out between this guy and one of my friends over the spot in line, and we ended up having to call the police to come and remove him. luckily they did without a problem ,and the rest of my BF went on without incident, but that was a pretty bad experience.

I was waiting in line at Target to get my dd a gameboy ... they had these special colors only at target and she really wanted a green one. Anyway, they people behind me in line had a child with them around 5. Now he kept saying his tummy hurt and the mom kept saying, we will get something to eat soon, etc. Well, just as they opened the doors to let us in, he threw up all over the back of me! It was disgusting, and I had to get that silly gameboy. I actually shopped with throw up on me. I went home after target, but it was disgusting. I could hear people saying it smelled like throw up .... and I knew it was me!

I will never forget that trip.

I don't have a Bad BF story but this one is REALLY BAD!! :eyepoppin

You poor thing. But way to hang in there :yuck:

My worst BF was about 5 years ago. I gave birth in the wee hours Sunday night/Monday morning. I left the hospital Wednesday & was out Friday shopping. I was bumped into & shoved, I tried to be polite, but ouch. I was soooo sore when I got home later that day. But it was so worth it! I would do it all over again. Hey my kids got a great Christmas.

Hi Guys.

The first year I was a cashier for a retail store (its called Fred Meyer, it's just in WA, OR, and Alaska i think). Anyway, usually the first cashier of the day is scheduled to come in at 7am. Well when the schedule came out for the Thanksgiving week, I saw that I was scheduled to come in at 6am. I asked why and they said that it is for the "day after thanksgiving sale". i saw that there were about 8 people scheduled to come in at 6am. I thought that was the strangest thing EVER. So all week, I was just thinking like "whatever?? Just because the store opens an hour early, at 6am, why would ANYBODY actually GO to the store at 6am???"

So...I got up that morning...drove to the store...pulled in the parking lot and was SHOCKED! :shock:It was FULL! (HUGE parking lot too, might i add)....there was a HUGE line in front of the store! So I drive around BACK to the employee lot, and it was FULL of customers cars... I thought...OMGOODNESS!!! :eyepoppinRan in, went through to the salesfloor and they had opened the doors (apparently) and I could HARDLY get THROUGH the aisles to get to the front!

I could not believe it! I got the the front...and told everyone that I'd questioned being there at 6am all week...now I see why! :cheesy:

I'm very fortunate not to have any kind of horrible stories like those posted here. What I find is that I purchase MORE things then I need becuase of the "deal". I should STICK to my list and not do any impulse buying!! That would most definately help my wallet! I know have in my basement in bags of presents purchased for people that should have been taken back, but I didn't want to stand in the return line. I guess I can "regift" these gifts, someday....

My absolute worst experience was about 5 or 6 years ago at a KB Toy Store. I had been there the before and got great deals. Because it was inside a mall we were able to wait where it was warm. This certainly beat the alternative. So my mom and I get there at 3:00 am (back then that was early) and hang out inside with the other 3 people there. We are excited and chartering our morning course -- in KB grab the goods and out by 5:30 easily to Target which was in the Mall before they opened at 6:00 am. My mom was in a wheel chair which worked great for us, because she held the items on her lap and I pushed. Well it was opeining time 5:00 and the line was really long by now. We got in, found our items and the store kept filling and filling. By now we were trying to get the the front of the store to check out, but it was grid-lock. Nobody paid any attention to how many people came in the store and nobody could move. There was an argument in the aisle over and you could hear yelling and boxes tumbling down. The next thing I knew there were items falling off the shelf in the aisle we were stuck in. There was an announcement for everyone to leave the store and form a line in front so that they could re-organize. We dropped our stuff off on the counter on the way out thinking we could pick it back up, but the order now was whoever was out last went in first. It was 6:30 and we had nothing -- I have never been back to a KB Toy Store. I did learn to shop alone and be picky about where I went after that.

My worst would have to be a couple of years ago when WalMart had the cheap laptops. My Mom just HAD to have one and she can't stand in line as long as it would take so I agreed to do it for her. We always go to WM on Thanksgiving night to check things out and see what's going on. There were people already asking where to get in line for the laptops. So, I stayed there and waited all night while Mom took the kids home to take a nap. They came back and brought me something to eat sometime during the night and then they waited around for the sale. The store only got 15 of them and by 2am there were more than 15 people standing in line. The manager came around and told them that they only had enough for the first 15 in line and they walked on to other things. At 4:45, about 300 people came rushing in and came for the laptops. There was quite alot of confusion when they were told they were already taken. We had to get a ticket and go to sporting goods to pick up the laptop because the employees didn't want to bring them all of the way through the store. We got the laptop and my daughter(16) had to sit on the damn thing in the buggy to keep someone from getting it out, already paid for, btw. At the front of the store we were told to hurry and take it to the car because there was quite a stir going on over them. Terrible...she has only used the thing once or twice, lol.

My favorite worst BF story was 3 years ago. We were standing in the ShopKo line which was about 150 people deep, when a man in a wheelchair came up to the front of the line and asked if we would let him enter first so he could get in and out of the way. The first 10 or so of us in line agreed to let him go in front and do our best to help him not get trampled. We waited about 5 more minutes for the door to open, and when they did...he got up and ran, leaving his wheelchair blocking the doors! There were quite a few people who were yelling that they should forget shopping and go give him a beatdown, but common sense and the need to shop prevailed. It was probably the funniest thing ever...that was also the same BF when two moms started fighting over a scooter and a guy got arrested for trying to walk out of Walmart with a TV.