Laptops

dbaby4ever

Just refer to the google and search for: Sony vaio recall

I have yet to personally see any Sony Vaio notebook in person that functions as intended.

i did a search and saw the recalls were with the TZ series overheating, didnt see too much on the FW series (which is the higher end one i'm interested in). Better be a good laptop for $900, even w/ blu-ray player. Thanks for the heads up tho.

Anyone else have bad experience with Sony VAIO's, specifically the FW line?

i did a search and saw the recalls were with the TZ series overheating, didnt see too much on the FW series (which is the higher end one i'm interested in). Better be a good laptop for $900, even w/ blu-ray player. Thanks for the heads up tho.

Anyone else have bad experience with Sony VAIO's, specifically the FW line?

I have the NS series and its been fine for me.

How do you go to BF? What time do you get there? do you bring a tent? do you go alone?

The location I go to doesn't allow tents, open flames, bbq grills, or generators. Takes a lot of the fun out or it but I still go every year. You never want to go alone, it can get pretty boring, although you will often make friends on line. I'm actually looking forward to seeing my friends that I met last year. We are always among the first on line so we all know eachother by now. I go to BF by car, lol. Not really sure what the question meant. As far as when to get there it gets earlier every year, also depends on where the location is. For me, 3 years ago the line didn't start until about 6PM Thanksgiving, 2 years ago it was 3:30PM, last year was 12:30PM. This year I will be there by 7am, 9 am the absolute latest. By next year I will probably be on line by 3AM Thanksgiving day. Depends what time others start showing up this year as to when I have to start next year. I usually figure about 3 hours before the second person gets in line. As I said before though it's all aout the locaton though as well. Some people line up by 6pm Wednesday night. The bigger the city the more people will be there and the earlier. That's how it is at the other BBs in the area. The line where I go is big, but there is one of the others that by 10PM they were having traffic jams because people were going to the mall there and for the most part BB. The other location in the area had a line twice as long as the one I was on, which was about 1500 feet long stacked 2 -3 people deep.

I have to disagree with your assessment. My Lenovo-built ThinkPad T-60 has the same "solid as a tank" feel as my earlier ThinkPads. The T-60's quality and performance has been top-notch and the keyboard is still the best of all my laptops. I have no qualms recommending Lenovo T-Series laptops to family, friends, or business associates. Perhaps is the IdeaPad models you've had problems with.

Nope. T-60p. If you are happy with Lenovo-produced ThinkPads that's fine. I don't want to convince anyone to change their opinion of them.