Better Organization

Lanhawk

I hope the Walmart is better organized this year than last year. Last year there was a line waiting that wrapped around the outside of the store but once the doors where opened, it was a mob rush to get in, most people just jumped out of their cars and headed for the front of the line. I live in the city of Chicago and if you can believe it, we only have one Walmart within the city limits so most have to head for the burbs to shop at one. Line jumping - seems like the American way -always trying to beat the system.:no:

Our WM is open 24 hours so there's no line outside. However, when the plastic comes off of those pallets, it's madness! Last year they didn't cover the pallets and let you get whatever you wanted as you got there, you just couldn't pay for it until 5am. It worked much better and there was no confusion.

The best recourse we had for a line jumper was my son telling the person, "It may seem strange but if you don't go to the end of the line, it will bother my mom all day and I WILL BE THE ONE THAT HAS TO LISTEN TO HER COMPLAIN. Could you please go to the end of the line for me." I don't know if the person went all the way to the end of the line, but she wasn't in the first twenty.(I had the #1 spot in the line.)

I hope the Walmart is better organized this year than last year. Last year there was a line waiting that wrapped around the outside of the store but once the doors where opened, it was a mob rush to get in, most people just jumped out of their cars and headed for the front of the line. I live in the city of Chicago and if you can believe it, we only have one Walmart within the city limits so most have to head for the burbs to shop at one. Line jumping - seems like the American way -always trying to beat the system.:no:

This happens here a lot at the walmarts that are not open 24hr. Also, I have seen it at Kohls and target.

I would BB would do the ticket system like BB and other stores. I talked to a WM manager who is a friend of mine and showed him this treated but he said that WM does not care too much because they will get the money no matter who buys. I think that is a sad statement but I am not shocked to hear that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CS.Dean
We have 2 Wal Marts in our area. I stay away from them on BF. It is wholesale combat. Peopel have been hurt with all the pushing and shoving. Wal Mart plays the Herd mentality when it comes to BF. As long a the money gets collected they don't care

Our Walmarts around me are 24 hour ones. Its ridiculous because the tvs they had last year were out by dinner time (they reopened at 9pm at mine on Thanksgiving). Well people were in line by 4pm for the tvs. When they reopened, they already had the big screen tvs out. People stood next to them and claimed them before the 6am start. Now I didn't want one, but a lot of people were complaining

• 2 weeks later...
The one I went to was kind of messed up. We were supposed to have to wait until 5 am for everything but around 430 people had cart fulls of stuff and I seen one lady with 3 cart fulls of those little processors and things they had for 3-5.00 (the food processors) The store was a mad house. Nothing was close to being organized other than the TV's were in electronics and there was a line, otherwise, everything else was pretty much scattered around. Movies here and there. Some TV's in the food, etc..

Our Walmart hands out a map when you first walk in on where everything is. They are pretty strict about not being able to grab things before 5am which is nice.

Walmart has been the first stop of ours since we've started BF (6yrs ago) and while a lot of the people who go there on BF are extremely rude - we don't really notice it much b/c we just grab and go.

I like Target a heck of a lot better on BF cause people are not as rude and pushy but since Target opens an hour after Walmart we tend to start at Walmart.