Moochers - Power of the cell phone

Lanhawk

My aunt tries this. She doesn't call on my cell phone, but tries to give me a list of things to pick up for her when we go. Mind you, she does this everytime she finds out we are going across the border, so it doesn't surprise me she tries it on Black Friday too. I just tell her I can't promise anything, cash up front (taxes too!) and if she pushes it, then I tell her no, I won't have room in the car, nor the time to go looking for it.

As for the handicap sticker, after years of playing the drive around and wait til she got a close spot, or have us drop her off at the door, she FINALLY applied for and got her handicap sticker! We joke and tell her that is why we bring her along :D. Makes her feel useful;) or she will guard the cart for us (she walks with a cane, the LAST thing I need is her trying to get in the middle of a mad dash).

Yes i know what yo mean they all think I am CRAZY but ....

I email family and friends Monday and the night before THANKSGIVING, if there is anything they would like for me to grab while I am out to make sure they text me or email me what it is and to have the money sitting in either my acct or pay pal acct as of 3 am black friday morning. Also to send me a text letting me know the money (amount and tax is in my acct with 1.00 extra for fee's).

If I am shipping anything I collect shipping later when I am ready to ship the item...

I agree:g_clap: I have a co- worker that every year asks me to pick up things for her, not because she has to work, not because she hasn't the cash at that time, but because SHE DOESN'T WANT TO WAIT IN THE COLD!!!!

Guess what neither do I! But if it means I save the money then I will put the effort in and I am appalled that she thinks I am her personal shopper in 26 degree weather while she is all snug in her bed! ummmm.......NO WAY!:no: You want the deal BUNDLE UP...

CUZ BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE:singer:

When she asks you this year, consider saying "Yes, I'll pick up those item, but I charge by the hour." At least 10 hours in the cold + dealing with the crowds + and the many hours that you shop. I think $20 per hour is at least fair.:D

I will grab things for my grandparents who are 80-85, who can't get around well and is on a tight budget, but for people that just don't want to fight throught the line or get up...........NO WAY!!!! I have enough stuff to grab on my own, and usually work out a system. You calling me at 9pm to get you something throws off my whole game, and if I don't get what I want because I am worried about getting something someone else wanted..... watch out....WW3 will happen!!!

Although I am dragging out my dh this year......oooh that's like having 4 hands and being in 2 places at one time. I can't wait!

My Mom and my oldest three kids go with me, so, no there's no one I would pick something up for as long as they are physically able to go themselves. If they were handicapped or elderly, yes I would pick something up for them. When someone asks, I just tell them they will have to get out of bed and go if they want something. I do most of my Christmas shopping that day and we help my Mom with her bags so, I don't "help" everyone who asks.

I am a major night owl - not a morning person at all and everybody knows this about me. So when people ask if I'll get them something I just simply tell them that if I can get my butt out of bed to go shopping, then so can you! They usually laugh and see my point is pretty reasonable.:tired:

here is what I do / have done in the past.

First, tell them that if it is important, they should be there with you... of course stating "not so funny now is it" every chance you get.

Second, tell them you WILL pick up whatever but tell them YOU want to be paid for it... even though you are there anyways, the time it takes to grab that 1 extra item is the difference between 30 minutes in line and 2 hours.

If they complain, tell them how long the line is at that point and welcome them to come and sit for themself.