Today Only: Phillips 42" 720p Plasma Display/TV - $499.99 ($1599.99) @ SecondAct

noehlp

At this price TODAY ONLY! (9/28)

I am posting this as the sale price looks great. I looked and looked for reviews on this tv to add to the post, but I could not find any. Also, I do know shipping is alot, however the price of the 42" is very low, so it evens out, imo.

Philips 42HF7444T/27 42 inch 720p Plasma Display

Today Only: $499.99 Retail: $1599.99

Shipping is $175

Or shipping is $120 if you choose local pick up (locations for pick up: HERE)

http://static-a.zoovy.com/img/secondact/W170-H170-Bffffff/P/philips_42hf7444t.jpg

The Philips 42HF7444T/27 42" Plasma Display is made for state-of-the-art entertainment. TV shows, movies, and images are brighter and more vibrant, thanks to the Color Transient Improvement (CTI), Luminance Transient Improvement (LTI), Contrast Plus and Smart Picture Control. You get a cinema-quality experience in the comfort of your own home. Watch your favorite DVDs as you've never watched them before. View giant Excel spreadsheets and charts if you want to. Plasma displays are the reliable, modern alternative to traditional monitors and television displays. They are changing the way people watch, work, and play. Order yours today and join the revolution.

Do not buy, these TV's are horrible! The boards short out after a year or so and cost 900.00 + labor to replace. I deal with liquidators and they hate these things because the boards have no safeguards and shorts move through the whole board instead of being isolated. Steer clear!!!!

Can you tell what they say about Olevia?

I have heard good things about Olevia as far as quality. The picture is not as good as he major brands and standard definition is more grainy than average. Overall, if you are on a budget it is a smart buy. I would stand by though, and wait for Christmas as I hear there will be another 10-20 percent drop in LCD prices. Just as a note; Plasma is great for a theater room that is dark and not used everyday, while LCD is more of a everyday use product.

cons to Plasma: Burn in, Glare, Power Consuption almost double compared to LCD. Boards burn out when they overheat (mostly cheaper brands).

cons LCD: Overly bright for some, Blacks can be muddy, Contrast (light to dark) may seem artificial.

Thanks. I already have an Olevia but it is coming up on it's one year anniversary at my house and was worried that it was not a good brand. The picture is good enough for me but I wish the component plugs were easier to get to. Wish they were located on the side or something.

By far LCD is the champ when ir comes to gaming. Plasma's are prone to burn in and that is a major issue when gaming when the screen can be stagnet at times. To answer the question above, yes Phillips as a whole are inferior products and have been almost completely phased out because of quality issues and bad customer service. When it comes to buying a TV spend a little more and buy a brand name (Sony, Samsung, Sharp, and Panasonic (plasma) . There are a few lower brands though that offer a good product such as Olevia and Vizio. Keep in mind though, the picture quality will be subpar, but not bad. I will always go LCD over Plasma. Plasma is a dying technology that is very limited by its drawbacks as outlined above. Also, steer clear of warranties, by far they are a rip off and the chances you'll actually use it in four years has dropped to 1 in 100, per consumer reports.