How much money to bring...

WhiteOwl

I usually bring about $700 or so with me. I like to do all of my Christmas shopping in cash and not have to worry about it. I usually don't bring my purse, just a sweatshirt with pockets and a vest. I keep my shopping money in a bank envelope and zip it in my vest pocket. I keep my debit card and my AMEX on me in case I see something for me and those other incidentals like breakfast and whatever. Then I bring my Macy's and Old Navy cards for those special deals for cardholders. I haven't had any problems or lost anything, but I'm also crazy-pocket-checker-girl, so I guess that's why!

I wouldn't carry more than $100 in cash on you. I would def only carry plastic. I have budgeted $2500 for this year, I spent 1800 last year by 9am. but I got my TV and my laptop and my Wii with about 7 games.....oh and I did get like 300 in rebates back off of that, so I dont' think I did tooo incredibly bad

• 3 weeks later...
I do bring some cash with me, usually $300-$500, but I also have my debit card with me just in case. I like to deal mostly in cash because you never know if credit card machines are going to have problems, but I'm also not comfortable carrying a large amount of money on me. I keep it in my wallet, which is zipped, in a zippered inside part of my purse, and then zip up the outside of my purse as well. By the time someone gets to my wallet, I'll notice! lol

I remember one year the credit card machines were not working at Walmart!!!! OMG it was horrible

I also redeemed my credit card points for gift cards, although I like the idea of dividing them up for how much to spend on each person

something else I started, although way too late for this year, when I redeem my returnable bottles and cans (I know not all states do this), I get the money put on a gift card and I just keep reloading that gift card....I am starting now for next year and plan on using that gift card for BF next year...like a tiny Christmas fund

I live in a low crime, rural area and I always just use cash. I just prefer it. This year I won't be taking as much money, I already have 342 presents bought. Just need to finish up my DH....Probably have about $400 and my debit card for back up just in case. But I never use it. LOL