TV Return Policy

len_mullen

I was a Walmart yesterday looking at HDTVs when I noticed a return policy posted on the shelf. It said that a TV could be returned with a receipt for a refund within 90 days.

Anyone done this? Will they let you return one that has been open/used?

Sears does (for 30 days), but the sets and prices I like are at Walmart. I'd like to see SDTV, HDTV, and my PS3 on one of the less expensive 720p plasmas before plunking down big bucks on a 1080i 120hz LCD.

Our 1080pi never had to be returned, but if they have that written policy up there, long as you still have your receipt and it wasn't something you did to the TV, I would assume you can. By the way, we got our 42-inch cheaper than some 720s were there at the time. You just get the great sale like we did.

Pam

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, you should definitely keep the box. Wal-Mart policy requires the box and ALL accessories in order to return the product. Other than that, you would be able to return the product for any reason except owner damage or mis-use.

Wal-Mart does not charge any restocking fees. However, I was in the store today and did not see the 90 day return notice for tv's. I know computers and dvd players have a shorter return period, but couldn't determine what the time is for a tv.

• 2 weeks later...

My Mom bought a tv for my nephew and it didn't work. She took it back and exchanged it with no problem at all. I would keep the box though just in case.

With hdtv's its usually a good idea to keep the box anyways. A lot of them are made so you can use the box again. It is definitely the best way to transport the tv if you are moving, since the padding is fitted to the tv.

Wal-Mart does not charge any restocking fees. However, I was in the store today and did not see the 90 day return notice for tv's. I know computers and dvd players have a shorter return period, but couldn't determine what the time is for a tv.

The return policy for all items, unless otherwise stated, is 90 days. Additionally, the box is not required, but any pack-in accessories are generally required for refund. A warranty lookup on the computer at the service desk may reveal any specific requirements.

I was a Walmart yesterday looking at HDTVs when I noticed a return policy posted on the shelf. It said that a TV could be returned with a receipt for a refund within 90 days.

Anyone done this? Will they let you return one that has been open/used?

Sears does (for 30 days), but the sets and prices I like are at Walmart. I'd like to see SDTV, HDTV, and my PS3 on one of the less expensive 720p plasmas before plunking down big bucks on a 1080i 120hz LCD.

No such thing as a 1080i 120hz TV

Please tell me that you accidentally hit "i" instead of "p"

LOL!

720p and 1080i are both only 1st level of Hi-Def

1080P is 2nd level and is the ONLY one that can offer TruMotion or 120hz