Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Am I the only one thinking about doing my Christmas Cards?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 wnc_mom  OFFLINE  

wnc_mom

*~*Hardcore BF Shopper*~*

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 4, 2008 - 6:13 am

i just ordered our christmas cards! i will start labing them asap! i try to get it done b4 thanksgiving b/c im so busy shopping after thanksgiving!

#62 Princess7915  OFFLINE  

Princess7915

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2008 - 7:04 am

I have made my for the last several years. But it's expensive so in light of trying to cut back this year I bought mine last week. I try to get them mailed out just after Thanksgiving. You have to have a "target date" when you make them. It can be a long process!
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." - Anonymous

#63 CocoaDiva43  OFFLINE  

CocoaDiva43

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2008 - 12:37 pm

I have fill in all my christmas cards,for the family and card exchange:)
:cheesy:When you'r in LOVE you will know it..:cheesy:

#64 lcplwinkerswife  OFFLINE  

lcplwinkerswife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 4, 2008 - 12:43 pm

bought my cards today now i just have to take a picture of my dog in his santa outfit and ill be good to go!

#65 Christy Garner  OFFLINE  

Christy Garner

Looking for a Deal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2008 - 5:30 pm

Got my cards personalized from Miles Kimball - now i am just waiting on having a weeknight to just sit down and actually get them done so they can go in the mail the day after Thanksgiving

#66 lisajonathan00  OFFLINE  

lisajonathan00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 4, 2008 - 8:46 pm

I have most of my list ready to go. I was looking at mine for the last week saying I am gonna do that next weekend. After election day. So I guess I will be working on them tomorrow, unless I get more kids to babysit as some of the families need rest for those who had husbands as a candidate. Anyway mine will be addressed by Friday and print pictures Friday and Sign them Saturday and just wait to mail them out till BF!!

#67 allshoppedout  OFFLINE  

allshoppedout

I Luv Country Music

• 3,263 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 5, 2008 - 9:09 am

Does anyone have holiday stamps yet?
Know when the Post Office is releasing them?
:gdlove6:

KEITH URBAN 8-13-09 PGH :hearthrob 5-9-09 S.C., PA

- :gdlove6: -THANK Goodness for GOTTADEAL! :yup:

#68 ToastyOasty  OFFLINE  

ToastyOasty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 5, 2008 - 10:17 am

I am totally done with all my Christmas cards :fluffy: i've always wanted to use that lil guy

#69 lcplwinkerswife  OFFLINE  

lcplwinkerswife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 5, 2008 - 1:47 pm

Does anyone have holiday stamps yet?
Know when the Post Office is releasing them?

they are out. I got some of the Holiday nutcracker ones. Done with one batch of cards with the photo in it . Next cards are just to my husbands friends in the military and distant family members.

#70 mclarnan  OFFLINE  

mclarnan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 5, 2008 - 4:51 pm

I bought my cards last year after Christmas. I won't start mailing them until the second week of December.

#71 allshoppedout  OFFLINE  

allshoppedout

I Luv Country Music

• 3,263 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 5, 2008 - 4:53 pm

they are out. I got some of the Holiday nutcracker ones. Done with one batch of cards with the photo in it . Next cards are just to my husbands friends in the military and distant family members.

Thanks, then I gotta get to the post office :yelclap: I started writing out a few today....:yup:

#72 krissy904  OFFLINE  

krissy904

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 7, 2008 - 11:22 pm

done.
"I could have told you Vincent, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you"....blatant theft from the lyrics of Don McClean

#73 allshoppedout  OFFLINE  

allshoppedout

I Luv Country Music

• 3,263 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 8, 2008 - 6:22 am

I am excited. After revising my list I saw that I didn't have enough cards but managed to find some yesterday for a good price. :holiday10 Also got the stamps!!
I will be doing the cards while my kids go bowling this a.m. :holiday16

#74 Guest_HoosierShadow_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_HoosierShadow_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 8, 2008 - 7:11 am

OMG you guys are a riot! But I love being able to post with people who enjoy the holidays so much! My husband is just no fun! I know in his own way he loves holidays, but he HATES to spend $$ and when I talk about holidays he wants to go another direction! I want to try and get my own pics of our kids this year and make some photo cards. My only problem is I don't have much natural light in the house, and I want to do it in front of the tree....but we don't put the tree up until Thanksgiving! I have all the camera equipment I need so I REALLY do not want to go to a studio..... Otherwise, I am all for getting Christmas cards ready NOW!

#75 Bella2kids  OFFLINE  

Bella2kids

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 10, 2008 - 7:47 am

Wrote them out last night and relieved they are done. Just need to buy stamps. I am glad to hear the Christmas stamps are out.

#76 ohitsunshine  OFFLINE  

ohitsunshine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 30, 2008 - 5:37 am

Well, I mailed mine out Friday on my way to the stores!

#77 justjessie99  OFFLINE  

justjessie99

Live....Love...Scrap!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 30, 2008 - 11:53 pm

Mine are mailed out already...LOL people starting get them on Sat I heard. :DHouse is completely decorated in side and out, and 98% of the shopping done..actually all the wrapping is done too.... wanted to get all the stuff done since I work full time now, and my time is limited. Now we have the time to do the fun activites if we want like; cookies, candies, christmas movies, and misc crafts.

Jess

Some people are like slinkies ~

Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs. :smirk:

#78 ohitsunshine  OFFLINE  

ohitsunshine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 1, 2008 - 6:19 am

Mine are mailed out already...LOL people starting get them on Sat I heard.

:DHouse is completely decorated in side and out, and 98% of the shopping done..actually all the wrapping is done too.... wanted to get all the stuff done since I work full time now, and my time is limited.

Now we have the time to do the fun activites if we want like; cookies, candies, christmas movies, and misc crafts.

Haha, I am there with you! It is nice to have the necessities over and now have fun!

#79 allshoppedout  OFFLINE  

allshoppedout

I Luv Country Music

• 3,263 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 1, 2008 - 8:54 am

I am disappointed. We have experienced a COLD and a BIG SCRATCH one on each of the faces of my boys in the past week--and so I STILL cannot take the picture that I want to have printed and put inside my already finished cards.....
I don't know how to do photoshop stuff. I mean I can correct red-eye on digital pics, but that is about it. I can't fix a big scratch. :(
Not that it is late, I am just wishing to be done with them, you know.

Good for you jenrein and justjessie99, start the festivities ;) bring on the crafts :D

#80 dmmiller  OFFLINE  

dmmiller

• 7,076 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 1, 2008 - 1:54 pm

I am disappointed. We have experienced a COLD and a BIG SCRATCH one on each of the faces of my boys in the past week--and so I STILL cannot take the picture that I want to have printed and put inside my already finished cards.....
I don't know how to do photoshop stuff. I mean I can correct red-eye on digital pics, but that is about it. I can't fix a big scratch. :(
Not that it is late, I am just wishing to be done with them, you know.

Good for you jenrein and justjessie99, start the festivities ;) bring on the crafts :D

I'm sure if you asked real nice.. someone might be able to help you PS a pic. :)
There are a lot of really nice techy people on here. :yup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users