Am I the only one thinking about doing my Christmas Cards?

ohitsunshine

I don't buy actual Christmas cards... I make our own with my kids pics but I have been thinking about it. Pretty sure I am doing a group pic in the middle of the card and then on each 'corner' an individual pic of each kid. Above the group pic it will say Merry Christmas. And under the group pic will be our names. The colors I use (and any designs) will be figured out once I get the girls dresses ;)

I am thinking about addressing the envelopes now though. I will send them out the Friday after Thanksgiving.

lol if i pull out my christmast cards i wont be able to retain myself from putting them in the mail too, and then people really will know i am crazy.

LOL!!!! It is a great idea to get a jump start! We are taking my son's picture though so maybe we can do that a few weeks before Thanksgiving since he will grow so much

I am going to a crop on Oct 25 and I plan on making my cards that day and then once i am settled into our new house (we move Oct 27) I will think about addressing the envelopes and I will send them out beginning of December (as soon as we get out family picture taken to put in them)

I buy them every year but never actually send them out :blush:

What is it they about the road to hell is paved with good intentions :eek:

Last year is the first year in about 4 years that mine got mailed. Had the boys pictures professionally done and I guess I felt like I had to get them out the door! That's why I haven't made up my mind about the holiday exchange. Don't want to commit until I'm sure I will feel up to it (they say when I get my cpap equipment I will see a difference...)

I wasnt thinking of it, but now that you posted about it, i think i might get DH up in the attic and bring them down to me! with the 3 kids, i dont know when i would find the time to do it. I usually get my "free time" at night, but i am so tired, i am in bed by 9 or i have to do housework at that time. thanks for the reminder!

Sounds like me! I will work, do dinner, do homework, get kids to bed and then....my time. But I am usually asleep 5 minutes later! It will take me a week to do all my cards!

I just finished adressing the envelopes! :cheesy:

Now a question...

Do you just sign the card? :confused: Or do you write a little note or even type up a "holiday letter" and add it?

When can I stop adding school pictures? Do I have to wait until they graduate??!

OK, well that was more like 4 questions :o

I add a holiday letter and also sign the card.

I don't send out school pics - I can't afford to buy them anymore! I normally take a nice shot of the 3 of us (me, DD17 and DD13) and print off a bunch of those and add it to the card and letter.

For those that do a letter - how long is yours? Last year, I made the font larger because my friends are all over 40 and they can't read the smaller font. It turned out to be about 5 pages long (or 3 pages front and back). My niece made a snotty comment that my letter was too long. We do a lot of stuff and wanted to bring everyone up to speed on what we've been up to. And no, my letter is not a "my kids are brilliant" letter or a "brag on my kids" letter ... lol Not that there's anything wrong with letters like those - mine is more about ME .. lol

• 2 weeks later...

This past weekend I used my newly learned Photoshop skills and created a pic to use for our return mailing labels. I have just as much fun deciding what to do for those each year. One year I did the tongue stuck to the pole scene from Christmas Story, another we used the Peanuts tree. This year I went with a surfing Santa pic.

So I really am thinking about doing a letter to include- can you guys give some ideas on how to make it not bragging? I feel like if I say anything about how the kids are doing it will come off that way!

NO, and I picked up some at Target yesterday. I didn't find any on clearance that I liked (and hadn't used --I'm picky when I do send cards). The girl at the register looked at me like I was an alien and I just smiled. The lady behind me understood, especially when she saw all the hand creams at .48 in my cart. (stocking stuffers).