3 cups flour

1 cup crisco (butter flavor)

1 cup sugar

2 t baking powder

1/2 t baking soda

Mix all these ingredients together until crumbly

Add 1/4 cup milk

1 egg

Mix all together well. (mix will be crumbly still)

Press 3/4 of dough mixture into and up sides of cookie sheet.

Pour over top, 2 cans of cherry pie filling. Sprinkle remaining dough mixture

over top of cherries.

Bake 350 for 35 mins. :)

Today I made peanut butter balls..I dipped them in white chocolate this time and used

chocolate confectionary sugar..looked yummy

I also made peanut butter bars covered with chocolate

and I made the saltine candy/crackers for the first time..way too yummy

I still need to do my fudge and pretzels

I am also going to attempt the gourmet dipped apples...I got a kit at Target to try

I make a double batch of my favorite sugar cookie recipe. I divide it into eight ziploc baggies and store in the refrig to make the following goodies.

#1 Apricot, almond and white chocolate bars

1 bag dough

1/2 tsp almond extract

1 cup almond paste

1/2 cups sugar

1 cup chopped dried apricots

6 oz cream cheese

2 eggs

2/3 cup whipping cream

2 cups white chocolate chips

1/2 cup sliced almonds

Mix almond extract into bag of dough. Spread into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350. Beat almond paste and sugar until crumbly. Add in apricots, cream cheese, and eggs. Pour over cookie crust. Back 20 - 25 minutes more. Microwave cream about 1 minutes, stir in chips until melted. May have to microwave a little more to make sure all melted good. Pour over top and sprinkle with almonds. Put in refrig to firm up chocolate.

#2 Cherry and Pistachio Cookies

2 bags dough

1 cup chopped dried cherries

1/2 cup chopped pistachios

Mix all together and either drop onto cookie sheets or can roll into a log and slice. Bake 8 - 10 minutes at 350. Have also done these with dried cranberries and macadamia nuts.

#3 Turtle Cookie Cups

1 bag dough

about 1/2 cup chocolate chips

1 bag caramels

dash of milk

1/4 chopped pecans

Rolls dough into small balls and press into greased mini muffin cups to make crusts. Bake 8 minutes or so. Put a small teaspoon of chips (5 or 6) in bottom. If dough has 'puffed' up you can press down a little. Put back in oven a minute or two to melt chips and brown cookie cups. Melt caramels on stove and add a little milk to make creamy. Spoon into cups to fill and sprinkle with pecans. Have also added about 2 tablespoons cocoa to dough to make chocolate cups.

#4 Candy Canes

2 bags dough

1/2 tsp peppermint extract

red food coloring

Add peppermint extract and food coloring to one baggie and mix well. Put back in refrig to firm back up a bit. Then take each bag out and roll pieces of each dough into ropes. Twist together and form into candy cane shapes. Bake 10 - 12 minutes at 350. Have also gotten lazy and just taken both doughs and rolled into one large log together, then cut in 1/2" slices and you get a cookie that is kind of red and white swirled.

#5 Cinnamon Bun Cookies

1 bag dough

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 Tbslp cinnamon

Powdered sugar icing or melted white chocolate

Mix 1/2 tsp cinnamon into bag of dough. Between sheets of waxed paper, roll out into a rectangle. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Roll up like cinnamon rolls and slice into thin cookies. Bake 8 - 10 minutes at 350. Drizzle with either a powdered sugar icing or melted white chocolate.

#6 Cookie Dough Candies

1 bag dough

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

white or dark chocolate for dipping

Mix dough, cinnamon, and chips. Roll into small balls and put back in refrig to chill and firm up. Melt chocolate and dip balls into them. Put back in refrig to harden.

I am looking for a really good kolacky recipe. I used to have a neighbor that brought some over and they were fabulous! Thay were rally light and flaky, almost fillo-like dough. They were definitely different then the hard and crisp cream cheese recipe ones.

Anyone have a really good recipe?