Experiences with MyTwinn?

I wanted to get one of these dolls for my DD6's birthday in October. They are pretty expensive, but I figured that she's only young once. Well, the company was very quick making the doll, great with communication and shipping only took 2 days to get to us! Got the doll today and it looks nothing like my daughter! I was pretty disappointed and called the company right away to see what could be done (I did this way in advance of her birthday just in case)...so far everyone has been super nice and helpful and they are paying for return shipping and making the changes needed (different hair color/eye color and face shape). Was wondering if anyone has any experiences to share with these dolls/this company...i'm hoping the doll returns and looks more like my kid...otherwise the doll itself is pretty cool.

I ordered 2 dolls last yr for my dd's and they were very close to my girls- we loved them. My nephew got one a few years back and it looked so much like him it was scary!

Did you send a picture in of your daughter with your order? Did you custom order the doll (choosing all the options) or did you order the mytwinn "friends" doll? I wonder how they would get it all wrong like that :confused:

I got a doll for each of my girls and they were very similar to the picture as well as the other info that I had provided. Sorry that you had a bad experience. It sounds like they are trying to make it right. Let us know how you like the new doll when they send it back to you. I wonder if they got your order mixed up with someone else's order and sent you the wrong doll.

I ordered 2 dolls last yr for my dd's and they were very close to my girls- we loved them. My nephew got one a few years back and it looked so much like him it was scary!

Did you send a picture in of your daughter with your order? Did you custom order the doll (choosing all the options) or did you order the mytwinn "friends" doll? I wonder how they would get it all wrong like that :confused:

I sent 3 pictures actually...and they checked and it was the "right" doll that was sent (it was a personalized one, not a friends doll)...they had the skin tone right on, her nose was right and her beauty mark too. My daughter has dark blue eyes and the doll came with "aqua" eyes which were bright blue (they told me that was the "dark" blue color!)...my daughters hair is a mix of light brown and dark blonde, so I mentioned that EVERY chance i got on their forms, but you could only "pick" one color and she came with "golden brown" hair :( pretty medium brown and REALLY different from my daughters hair. The face is close, but my daughter has a longer face then the dolls. The eyebrows were also very light (my daughter has bushmans eyebrows)...they told me that was the standard eyebrows and every doll had the same ones. It's a beautiful doll, but for $140 I want it to look more like my dd!

My mom did this for my DD13 8th birthday. My DD had begged for one for over a year. At the party, she opened it and said "Nana, she pretty, but I don't know who she looks like." My poor Mom thought she was going to get the biggest reaction and that was all she said. LOL! We just kept it, because we're african american and figured they couldn't match her any more than they did. I had sent 3 pics in, too.