FYI...Amazon.com is dropping price adjustments 9/1/08

(I have not verified with Amazon personally yet, but I'm passing along for all the Amazon shoppers just in case.)

Here's a link to a discussion on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_ef_tft_tp?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20DX5GEB7TUX8&cdThread=Tx2EHRRIIKOKVDH

Looks like Amazon is dropping their price match/adjustments for sales starting Sept. 1st. Bummer!:no:

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2008 1:14 PM PDT

GuildWars Pro says:

We still have 30 days to return the item. Unless they elminate that portion of it, I'll just rebuy at their new lower price, request a RMA and return previous item or return new item using old receipt from higher purchased price. Amazon will end up absorbing the costs of shipping for both items and absorbs the costs of the return shipping and or the handling of the return. So why worry? And yes, they may terminate your account if you make too many returns, but you can always create a new account. Unless they decide to ban your shipping/billing address.

Check out what one person plans on doing

I thought Amazon only returned for defects or only paid shipping if the item was defective.

It's people like in the PP that cause companies to quit offering PA's or easy returns, etc.

Yes, this is what I thought too. In fact, most companies are like that except some of the footwear companies (that I have noticed)