H2O Mop...worth trying?

I always wait until the item is available in stores that sell the 'as seen on tv' merchandise to buy if I really want it. Usually cheaper that way AND you have the store's return policy if you don't like it or it doesn't work as advertised. JMHO...

I don't have any experience with this steamer/mop, but my mom bought this one:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shopbyroom/laundryutilityroom/hardfloor/PRD~287098/Shark+Steam+Mop.jsp

over a year ago from Kohls when it was on sale and she LOVES it! Seems like the same features:confused:

I have the Shark one. My grandma bought it at Costco for me and it came with 5 pads, the mop, and the filling tools and I LOVE IT!!!! She paid less for it at Costco than anyone else has it for. I think she paid somewhere around $65 for it.

I'm seeing alot of love for the shark steam mop! maybe i'll look into that one instead...you guys have never steered me wrong before! One question though...i really liked the carpet feature...does the shark mop also work on carpets???

There is an attachment that you can buy (I think it's around $15) that you can use on your carpets.

I borrowed the H2O from a friend and I personally wasn't impressed at all. I used it on both my laminate and white tile and it left quite a bit of water on both. It was also very streaky on both. I don't know if I was using it incorrectly but I would not buy it.

:no:

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the thane one for a long time now and I love it but the replacement mop pads are expensive! I can't find them anywhere except through the company and when doing ceramic tile floors they wear out fast (even though I have smooth tile) but I wouldn't give it up. I love being able to clean with steam instead of all the chemicals especially with a dog. Some say the chemicals in other products make the pets sick - cause they lick it off their feet.

Sorry this post was late but I just found it. Hope the Shark one works out!

Is this the Shark Steam Mop? I got mine at Kohls with the 30% off. They also carried the replacement pads. I have tried it once (just got it) and I have to say that I wasn't thrilled. For the money I spent, it seems a little flimsy. And after I finished my kitchen floor, I still noticed spots. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

I have the Shark Steamer Mop and really like it. I agree with tazolover that it is a bit flimsy-I believe it's b/c it was engineered to be light weight-I also have a tendency to push hard. All-in-all I'm happy with the end result and the fact that there is no clean-up after the clean-up! The triangle head has me interested in the H2O mop...

I really didn't like it either. I borrowed the H2O from a friend.

I used it to wash my laminate and my tile and both were left with water and streak marks. I was really disappointed. I'm glad I didn't waste the money. If you can borrow it, I would do so before making this purchase.

• 1 month later...

So has anyone found one of these that cleans hard (tile, wood, etc) flooring, carpet AND does smaller jobs, like the tile & grout in the bathroom? We recently moved into a home with over 1800 sq ft of tile, 3 laminate-floor rooms and many large area rugs. The tile in the bathrooms is in good shape, but it's a little dated and needs some tlc. I would LOVE to have one machine that does it all.

Any suggestions? TIA!

So has anyone found one of these that cleans hard (tile, wood, etc) flooring, carpet AND does smaller jobs, like the tile & grout in the bathroom? We recently moved into a home with over 1800 sq ft of tile, 3 laminate-floor rooms and many large area rugs. The tile in the bathrooms is in good shape, but it's a little dated and needs some tlc. I would LOVE to have one machine that does it all.

Any suggestions? TIA!

hey, i've had the shark steam mop for a little bit now and am pretty happy with it...my entire house is tile, linolium and hard wood (just carpet in the halls)...i even took it into the shower to try to clean the pan...worked great!!! so white. I just want to get the carpet attachment and try that out...but cannot find it :( For tile and grout though you may need a separate device that's smaller for the tight spaces...good luck!

I just bought the Haan steam cleaner. I saw the infomercial and did some research. Then ran across one at Linens N Things for 20% clearance sale. It had the carpet attachment and 2 pads so I got it since I was wanting the carpet attachment. Original $100. and got it for $80. Have only tried it once but was impressed by the steam. After using it I used cleaner and wiped a spot on my kitchen floor and it was completely clean. Regular mopping would have never gotten it this clean.

People with hardwood floors (not laminate) -- do any of these steam cleaners get *really* dirty floors clean? I have four kidz, two dogs, a cat, and a truly messy DH and after 10 years, I'm thinking the only hope for our hardwood is refinishing ... and I'm not gonna bother with that until the kidz are much much older. I have the Hoover Floormate, which gets the surface clean but doesn't remove the ground-in stuff, if you know what I mean. I can get more off with elbow grease but if I had that kind of time, I wouldn't be needing machines ... LOL.

People with hardwood floors (not laminate) -- do any of these steam cleaners get *really* dirty floors clean? I have four kidz, two dogs, a cat, and a truly messy DH and after 10 years, I'm thinking the only hope for our hardwood is refinishing ... and I'm not gonna bother with that until the kidz are much much older. I have the Hoover Floormate, which gets the surface clean but doesn't remove the ground-in stuff, if you know what I mean. I can get more off with elbow grease but if I had that kind of time, I wouldn't be needing machines ... LOL.

I bought the Hoover Floormate almost 2 yrs. ago and was so disappointed that I returned it. It didn't do any better than using a regular mop for me on my new tile floor. The steam cleaner definately gets things more clean and you don't have to buy any cleaning fluid. I would say it's worth a try compared to the expense of refinishing. Buy one at a store and if it doesn't work like you want it to you can return it and no shipping costs.

I used my shark to get off the crayon on the hard wood (living room)/laminate (kitchen/dining) (compliments of my DD)...i'd been scrubbing at it for the past year on my hands and knees, nothing. 5 seconds with the shark and it's GONE.

WOAH. katiesmommy01, you are singing my SONG! That's the kind of testimonial I like!!!

BTW, did you know that WD-40 will get crayon out of pretty much anything? I called Crayola in a panic five years ago when my 18-month-old went Da Vinci on me all OVER my house ... they talked me down and since then I've never been without WD-40 in the house.