Pre-orders

I have preordered from EB games in the store and it is great you get a phone call when the item is being released. Only problem with EB is that I used to have to go p/u the item, I have never preordered from online with them.

I also preorder from Amazon because I pay no tax or shipping and it comes right to my door. My preorder is usually shipped the day before the item is released and I get it the day after.

I have preordered from TRU online and in the store and they are fine also. Online items are not shipped as fast as from Amazon though.

I've done preorders on Amazon mostly...they always arrive on the release date. I recently did a preorder for a game on Target.com because I had a gift card to apply to the order. The game arrived about 6 days AFTER the release date. No biggie for this one, but if you're worried about the specific date it will arrive, Amazon is a good bet.

I've done preorders on Amazon mostly...they always arrive on the release date. I recently did a preorder for a game on Target.com because I had a gift card to apply to the order. The game arrived about 6 days AFTER the release date. No biggie for this one, but if you're worried about the specific date it will arrive, Amazon is a good bet.

Very interesting. I preordered the new book in the Twilight series and it came almost a complete week after the release date. However, I also preordered the latest Harry Potter and that came the day it was released. In fact, UPS asked drivers if they wanted to work the day (Saturday) because they had so many to deliver.

From now on, if it is something I really want on the release date or very soon after, I will ask before I preorder as I have had very different results.

Very interesting. I preordered the new book in the Twilight series and it came almost a complete week after the release date. However, I also preordered the latest Harry Potter and that came the day it was released. In fact, UPS asked drivers if they wanted to work the day (Saturday) because they had so many to deliver.

From now on, if it is something I really want on the release date or very soon after, I will ask before I preorder as I have had very different results.

I preordered Breaking Dawn quite awhile back and about 1-2 wks before the release date, Amazon emailed me to let me know it could arrive on the Saturday release date (I had never looked to see what day the release date actually was). In order to get it on the Sat. date, I had to cancel my original order & reorder it. I got it on the Saturday release date with no problems.

I pre-ordered a game from TRU and they didn't ship on the release date. They didn't even have it in stock! I ended up calling them asking what the holdup was and they had no answer other than the manufacturer delayed shipment. All other sites online were selling it so I didn't understand why they were out of stock. I cancelled my order and got it from somewhere else.

I preordered (the day before they came out) The Nightmare Before Christmas and Heroes Season 2 (both on blu-ray). they are set to ship september 2nd! They released August 26th! I'm not happy. I did two ordered so neither would hold up the other. Only one was cheaper than at Best Buy! I may have to do the receipt swap...

I usually pre-order items from Gamestop where I have to pick up the merchandise in-store. After working in the video game business for over 7 years, I have seen my share of customers who have become enraged when they find out that they will not receive their merchandise when it is supposed to come in. This is due to either the item being "short-shipped" from the manufacturer or an employee who sells it to another customer.