Nintendo DS accessories

I don't know if the starter kit would be a better deal if purchased elsewhere, but I know my DS has definitely benefited from having a car adapter as well as screen protectors (he is very hard on the screen with the stylus). The additional styluses (stylii??) might be advantageous if a child tends to misplace things, but my DS is pretty good about putting the stylus back in place once he's finished. And depending on how many games you'll be purchasing, this comes with 6 plastic game cases as well. While we do have headphones, he never uses them. I just make him turn the volume down if we don't want to hear it.

I hope this helps.

I recommend the started kit. With it you can get a case that will hold the xtra games and stylus, car charger etc so everything is in one place. Both my kids have the starter kits just different colors. Extra stylus also come with it and screen protectors are a must. If you can get the wrist strap that would be good or some case you can play with it inside so it is protected if dropped. Edited by racerfan
Additional info

I purchased one last year from Target online and the accessory kit was included. It included the case, car charger, game cartridge, screen protector, extra stylus and few other extras. It was definitely worth it. The screen protector is a must and the extra stylus are always good to have on hand.

I have kinda noticed that Target seems to be the only place that offers "Something" w/purchase.

Will they offer something like this soon or is it usuallly closer to Christmas time? I really want to get on ASAP for Christmas budget reasons but want the best deal I can get. I will check Target.com and see what they have today.