KOHLS clearance deals - 60-80% off

luvbargainz

My KOHLS had racks and racks of clearance throughout the store, with signs saying "star clearance". The items were organized into 60%, 70%, and 80% off, and organized by size. I found quite a few items that were 90% off. Saw a bunch of the Vera Wang stuff if anyone is interested. I asked a staff member how long the sale had been going on, and she sort of stared at me (in a nice but incredulous way) and said "it's continual, we always have it." :eyepoppin Since this was pretty much my first trip to Kohls I can't attest to whether that's true or not; I did get a big bag of stuff for $69 (all fitness stuff). BTW, all women's fitness apparel was 50% off.

Guest RealLivePrinces
Yes, clearance goes on all the time. We do add new stuff on some Mondays... yesterday we further reduced existing clearance and on 8/4, we'll add quite a few new merchandise to clearance.

Got some more deals at a different Kohl's - 2 pairs of Seven jeans for $11.XX each (80% off), they fit a lot nicer and are longer than my Old Navy jeans. They are also offering $10 in Dillards bucks (or whatever they call it) with every $50 purchase, but you have to spend it between certain dates (next week, I think...) Checked out the Vera Wang stuff, a lot of it was 90% off and I still wouldn't want it, seemed poorly made and tailored IMHO. OK, sorry, I'm done with this thread, I guess I just got excited by my first Kohl's experiences :cheesy:

I hit both the Watertown Kohls and Fayettville. I was mostly looking for girls 7/8 and found a lot of great deals. There were a lot of t shirts for $1. and other cute shirts for under $5. I also found two pairs of gold ballet flats for $3. Some of my stuff today rang up wrong and the cashier explained that it is because they were putting stickers on this afternoon for the new markdowns tomorrow. So she said she had to let me have them for that price!

Guest RealLivePrinces

Lots more clearance being added tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday.

It took me awhile to get all this confirmed. (repost from Finance forum to try to make sure everyone concerned sees it)

As of August 1st, three (3) states which previously had the interest free option (as long as you paid a third of the balance or $50) no longer have that option. There are 10 states remaining which are unaffected by this news. (http://www.kohlscorporation.com/ChargeCard/Apps/POSApplication.pdf)

If you live in one of the states which eliminated that, Chase/Kohl's is mailing info on Aug. 21. You will have up to 30-45 days (depending on your state's laws) to decide if you want to accept the new terms (including the now not-optional interest) or close the account.

This decision was made by Chase, not by Kohl's, and no one at your store has the authority to do anything about it. In fact, associates are just as upset and many will be closing their accounts in protest (myself included). Please be nice.