Dyson vacuum--good deal?

I was in my local Costco today and say a Dyson DC14 (white and grey) priced at $199.97. I think this model is an older one. However, with the price being under $200 with the Costco return policy this seemed like a very good deal to me...what do you all think? Should I buy this vac or not? Gotta say, I love Costco!!!

Umm, I may be the only one who is not a Dyson fan. I bought one, used it for 2-3 weeks, and returned it. I ended up with a "Hoover windtunnel2". I was replacing a kenmore progressive, and it was 10 times better than the Dyson, and so is the Hoover. I wanted to "love" my Dyson...I really wanted to, but it just didn't happen. It is a great price at Costco...and they do have a great return policy, if you don't like it!!

I would say it is a good deal. I have a Dyson and I love mine. I went through vacuums every year because of animal hair and dirt the kids track in. It was worth it me because of the 5 year warranty. I had mine over two years now and it is still going strong. I know some say they are not worth the money, but everyone is different. If they have a good return policy, try it out.

I've had my DC14 for 5 years. We chose not to buy the extended warrenty.

We had someone borrow the vaccuum one day and they broke our hose. Dyson overnighted me a new hose, for free. This was 1.5 years after we bought it. (at the time we bought ours, they only had a 1 year warrenty on it)

I had trouble getting suction this spring. Customer service spent over an hour with me telling me how to fix the problem myself. There are hardly any complicated pieces with this vaccuum; I love how you can take apart the entire thing yourself (except the motor). The problem was solved. While putting it back together, I mentioned a part was worn, and we had lost the crevice tool 3 years ago. They sent me both a new crevice tool and a new part, for free, on UPS.

They have thumbs up for me. I'll never go to a bagged vaccuum again. I've heard great things about the Hoover Windtunnels, but I love being able to empty out this vaccuum and see how much dirt and pet hair you pick up.

I think if you are interested in getting a Dyson, Costco is a great place to try it out :)

We love our Dyson! :yup:

The awesome thing about buying it at Costco is that you don't need to purchase an extended warranty. With the exception of TV's & computers (90 day return policy), everything has 100% satisfaction guarantee, and there is no time limit. This is why I love Costco. :)

Finally vacuumed this past Sunday with my Dyson, and I love it. It works great and is particularly convenient when vacuuming the stairs because of the super long hose and tools that attach. YIPEEE!

Glad that you are enjoying your new Dyson!:)

• 4 weeks later...