Has anyone ordered from these sites?

I'm not sure if this is in the right section so if not please move it...

I am wanting to buy a tv series and these are the only places I have found all 4 seasons. Has anyone ordered from them before?

www.TVDVDStore.com

http://www.tvdvdstore.net/product.php?productid=166258

www.tvdvdworld.tv

http://www.tvdvdworld.tv/movie/comedy/What_I_Like_About_You.html

Just be aware that these are not official DVD releases - they are basically bootlegs taken directly from TV (either via VHS or DVR likely) and then burned to DVD. So don't expect quality. You'd be better off waiting for the official release.

Just be aware that these are not official DVD releases - they are basically bootlegs taken directly from TV (either via VHS or DVR likely) and then burned to DVD. So don't expect quality. You'd be better off waiting for the official release.

I was about to reply with the same thing. Their site makes mention that they are region free, which is a good indicator.

Also, it looks like only Season 1 has been released to DVD, so there is no way that you could get all 4 seasons without it being a bootleg copy.

Ironically, one of the sites offer this information:

Some of these DVD's haven't even been released yet. How is it possible that you sell them?

There is a section of the American copyright law known as "The Berne Act" that Clearly states: films unreleased in the United States, including original versions of films altered and/or edited for release in the United States, are NOT protected by American copyright; thus, they are considered public domain. The entire purpose of our website is to provide otherwise unavailable films or television shows to the serious collector.

First of all, they aren't films per se, and they were released to the United States via some type of syndication agreement.

Second, the fact that season 1 is now released officially on DVD to the U.S. would mean that they would now have to cease providing that season. By their own quotation of the standard, they are not complying with it.

that sucks that it's really hard to get some things on video. I really want the MTV show "Unholy Union" on dvd, but it isn't available in the U.S. However a bunch of foreign countries got it released :( I feel your pain, but I don't think I would order from a site like that.