ISO backyard swimming pool

I am looking at getting a backyard pool. Im not interested in the blow up ring ones, I have seen too many horror stories about them coming down. My local Wal-Mart has 13 x 3.5 ft hard side for $199 and a 15 x 4 ft for $299. Are there any better deals out there I am not finding? Also if anyone has any pool advice I would love it. I am going into this with no prior info on pools.

Thanks

I am looking at getting a backyard pool. Im not interested in the blow up ring ones, I have seen too many horror stories about them coming down. My local Wal-Mart has 13 x 3.5 ft hard side for $199 and a 15 x 4 ft for $299. Are there any better deals out there I am not finding? Also if anyone has any pool advice I would love it. I am going into this with no prior info on pools.

Thanks

There are some sales going on (about $50 less or so). I loved our Easyset ones with the blow up rings, we never had much trouble with them at all. We got a small leak when the cats decided to use the pool to drink out of but easy to patch. The one thing with all of these types of pools is to have very level ground-meaning clearing away all the grass that sits under it and placing a level on the ground and filling in low spots or diggin out high spots. Some neat things I have read people have done which we are going to try this year is placing a piece of carpet padding on the ground under the ground sheet for softness on the feet and also so rocks etc don't make it up to the ground surface. I highly recommend a cover to keep out debris, ours snapped down on the sides and very handy. We also live in a colder climate and invested in a solar blanket (about $20 at KBToys, will only last a few seasons though) which did raise the temps. This year we bumped up to the 18'x52" metal framed pool but haven't put it up yet. Its really the only way to go after the 16' pools, also putting a solar heater on it. Sometimes the filter systems are under powered, you do have to clean more often and I replaced the filters every two weeks or it really got messy in the pool. I am hoping to maybe find a sand filter for ours but they are really expensive. Not as necessary with the smaller pools but the large pools need abit more filteration.

I got an awesome deal on one at Dillon's/Krogers last night. It was $99 for a 15 ft x 42" softset w/ everything included. It's on sale for this week only, and is half of Walmart's price.

Nice was it very hard to put together?

we don't have it up yet, but we've had them before. I would much rather toss them every year than try to clean them, put them up, and keep them from getting holes.

Our ground is already leveled, but these are so simple once you get it leveled. Just stretch it, blow up the ring, and fill.

I would rather have the metal one, but for this price, and the ease, I'm all for it!

Sam's club has a 16 X 4 for 284

16 X 4 Pool

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0007825756958_LG.jpg

We have this one--we got it last year. It's great and we like it. Like the ringed one, ground has to be very level. The only thing is we wish we had gone a little bigger--but it's still bigger than the ringed one we had.

We had the ringed one for 3 years. Worked well for us until one of the rings got punctured. Still worked, but we had to inflate it every week. But, for the price, 3 years was a good amount of use. We took it to the dump and a family asked about it--we told them about the leak and they took it.

We had 3 of the ring top ones, someone always took them on freecycle though! We try not to take much to the dump, you would be amazed at how many folks would want your "trash" Things that are broken that I never thought could be fixed were spoken for and fixed on http://www.freecycle.org .

We have the metal frame blue easy set pool from Walmart and love it!