Verizon Cell Phone

are you looking to upgrade outside of your one or two year contract? Are you at the end of a two year contract?

Truthfully... you are not going to find a cheap cell phone, unless you cruise ebay. If you want a phone with a qwerty keyboard, try the Samsung Alias. the Glyde is brand new and kinda expensive.

Or try to find an older Env on ebay - the first generation. They are a tad bulky, but it's the cheapest you'll find.

are you looking to upgrade outside of your one or two year contract? Are you at the end of a two year contract?

Truthfully... you are not going to find a cheap cell phone, unless you cruise ebay. If you want a phone with a qwerty keyboard, try the Samsung Alias. the Glyde is brand new and kinda expensive.

Or try to find an older Env on ebay - the first generation. They are a tad bulky, but it's the cheapest you'll find.

I am 1 year into my 2 year contract. I plan on continuing with Verizon, and resigning my contract after this one expires. I have been with Verizon 10 years.

Can I buy a phone on ebay and take it to Verizon and have them activate it with the phone# I already have ?

I use verizonwireless.com to pay my bills and view phone info. You can buy a phone off ebay(for verizon phones) and go into your acct. info online and add a phone yourself. Some places use to charge to reactivate a phone but this way it's free and you can buy and upgrade all year yourself if you wanted to. OR you can wait another 8 mos and still get the free upgrade to another phone(alot of times they do this before the 2 year period) Hope this helps!

I am 1 year into my 2 year contract. I plan on continuing with Verizon, and resigning my contract after this one expires. I have been with Verizon 10 years.

Can I buy a phone on ebay and take it to Verizon and have them activate it with the phone# I already have ?

Yes. When you take it, make sure to check the ESN and that the phone is clear and has no outstanding bills on it. They may or may not charge you a fee for activation.

Yes. When you take it, make sure to check the ESN and that the phone is clear and has no outstanding bills on it. They may or may not charge you a fee for activation.

I have used verizon for years and years and have had to change my phones before the 2 yrs was up because I really use the life out of it, lol. they have never charged me an activation fee. I purchsed a couple off of ebay and if they dont have the esn on the description email the seller and ask them for it. DONT BUY IT WITHOUT CHECKIN THE ESN All you do is call verizon after you have the esn and they will tell you if its clear. HTH :)

I just did this with a phone I bought on eBay. No hassle with activating it. Plus, if you use your Verizon upgrade for a phone, I believe it extends your contract . . . and you'll never get out of it!

thanks guys. I am going to check ebay. I had no idea about the esn stuff.

Be sure to buy ONLY a phone that the seller guarantees a clean ESN. It's the number for the phone that Verizon will ask for in order to activate it.

The guy at Best Buy told me to just buy a verizon prepaid phone and take it to them and

they will change out the sim cards and phone numbers etc. I thought I had lost my phone and it was too early to get a new one. It was fairly cheap when I checked them out

BTW, you still have the same plan etc, you do not use prepaid plan..just the phone as it

is compatible with Verizon

The guy at Best Buy told me to just buy a verizon prepaid phone and take it to them and

they will change out the sim cards and phone numbers etc. I thought I had lost my phone and it was too early to get a new one. It was fairly cheap when I checked them out

BTW, you still have the same plan etc, you do not use prepaid plan..just the phone as it

is compatible with Verizon

Verizon doesn't have sim cards... :confused: so I'm not sure what the guy at BB was saying. You may be able to just buy the phone and activate it with the ESN with customer service and never get the number, but I don't know if anyone has ever tried it.