Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop w/2GB memory & 250GB Hard drive - Now $549 AC @ Dell.com

noehlp

It says it has an integrated modem but never says any more about it. A friend needs a new computer but has dial up and I think this will be fine but I need to check and make sure before ordering it and it showing up with no modem!

It says it has an integrated modem but never says any more about it. A friend needs a new computer but has dial up and I think this will be fine but I need to check and make sure before ordering it and it showing up with no modem!

I just now tried looking to see if I could find out what they meant by integrated modem but found nada. Maybe give them a call? Good luck!

Not that good of a deal at all. The processor is really slow for the price, this lappy should be selling for $399. $550 for a Celeron processor is not good at all. For this price look for a Core 2 Duo processor and Dell usually has deals on those. Here is one for $527 and faster processor

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=45&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=bqdwjbg&s=bsd&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643

Edited by mahyar1

I bought this exact laptop about a month ago and I totally love it! I had to get the black one because that was all my Best Buy had. They had it priced at $549 in the store but the AD said $499 and they were honoring that! I think I got a good deal and I've had no problems at all!

That's great mahyar! Maybe you should start a new thread with that deal so others can see it if they don't want the Celeron processor that some think is an awesome deal in this thread. No sense keeping it hid from everyone.

That's great mahyar! Maybe you should start a new thread with that deal so others can see it if they don't want the Celeron processor that some think is an awesome deal in this thread. No sense keeping it hid from everyone.

:gdiagree:

How would someone think this processor is good??? I majored in computer science and all I'm telling you is, this deal is not that good. One person above asked is this a good deal? And my first reply was to that person, everyone has a right to their opinion, and I'm not telling you to buy it or not to buy it. This website is gottadeal.com, and this deal is not a good deal. If someone you are talking about thinks Celeron and this deal is the greatest deal, then here that person should buy this one too

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-System-60GB-Brand-New-EXTRA-ITEMS_W0QQitemZ270238410119QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270238410119&_trksid=p4295

we all know that this is gotta deal and you are entitled to think that this is not a good deal. If you have a good deal that you want others to know about you should start a new thread for it instead of mentioning it in an existing thread.

How would someone think this processor is good??? I majored in computer science and all I'm telling you is, this deal is not that good. One person above asked is this a good deal? And my first reply was to that person, everyone has a right to their opinion, and I'm not telling you to buy it or not to buy it. This website is gottadeal.com, and this deal is not a good deal. If someone you are talking about thinks Celeron and this deal is the greatest deal, then here that person should buy this one too

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-System-60GB-Brand-New-EXTRA-ITEMS_W0QQitemZ270238410119QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270238410119&_trksid=p4295

ya know.... you are thread jacking there mahyar....im sure your very proud of yourself for majoring in computer science....that being said....you definately should start a different thread to discuss the system you are talking about. you are entitled to your opinion there is no disputing that, but please do be a bit more respectful to others when stating such. there is no need to try to insult someone because IN THIER OPINION what they posted is a good deal. :):)

ya know.... you are thread jacking there mahyar....im sure your very proud of yourself for majoring in computer science....that being said....you definately should start a different thread to discuss the system you are talking about. you are entitled to your opinion there is no disputing that, but please do be a bit more respectful to others when stating such. there is no need to try to insult someone because IN THIER OPINION what they posted is a good deal. :):)

I haven't insulted anyone, I just replied to the poster above who asked if this is a good deal or not. I'm not going to start my own thread to answer that person's question. As I said, if the deal is good I say is good and if it's bad I say it's bad, and I have the right to say it, I don't think that's considered offending someone

Edited by mahyar1

I haven't insulted anyone, I just replied to the poster above who asked if this is a good deal or not. I'm not going to start my own thread to answer that person's question. As I said, if the deal is good I say is good and if it's bad I say it's bad, and I have the right to say it, I don't think that's considered offending someone

Well mahyar, If I were the OP you would have offended me. In fact I am offended FOR her.... so yes, indeed it is considered offensive when you basically say "why would you buy this" Why not just leave it alone and start your own thread and let the people that are looking see two different opinions in two different threads... geeze

I agree with the other posts. I would be offended too had I been the OP.

Actually I have a pet peeve that if someone posts a deal and another person doesn't think it's a good deal then move on instead of throwing negativity onto the thread. There is enough negativity surrounding individuals without perpetuating it in something like this.

You being a CS major has no bearing on whether or not this may be good for some and not for others. This is the same as people arguing if MAC or MS is better. To some degree it comes down to personal preference. For an average user, this may be fine; maybe even a starter laptop.

If you feel the need to discuss the pros and cons to this deal or any other then start a thread in the deal discussion section.

If you feel that you need to post a great deal on a similar item then don't threadjack and start your own thread. And most definitely do not post an EBAY auction. I believe that is against TOS.

Guest JustMeDiana

Not that good of a deal at all. The processor is really slow for the price, this lappy should be selling for $399. $550 for a Celeron processor is not good at all. For this price look for a Core 2 Duo processor and Dell usually has deals on those. Here is one for $527 and faster processor

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=45&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=bqdwjbg&s=bsd&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643

Yes mahyar you are a thread jacker or you would not have posted the link to the other computer system here in noehlp thread.......and yes that was definitely an insult to her..... I don't think this thread was titled lappy find by mahyar.....

How would someone think this processor is good??? I majored in computer science and all I'm telling you is, this deal is not that good. One person above asked is this a good deal? And my first reply was to that person, everyone has a right to their opinion, and I'm not telling you to buy it or not to buy it. This website is gottadeal.com, and this deal is not a good deal. If someone you are talking about thinks Celeron and this deal is the greatest deal, then here that person should buy this one too http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-System-60GB-Brand-New-EXTRA-ITEMS_W0QQitemZ270238410119QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270238410119&_trksid=p4295

You did it again posted an EBay auction which is a big no no.....

My SIL majored in computer science UT Austin and let me tell you he has 3 computers in his office at home and 2 lap tops guess what they are all DELL's.... but he has respect for other peoples opinions and the last thing he would do is behave the way you have......

noehlp post many fantastic deals..... how dare you insult her for finding a great deal..... just look at the number of post she has made compared the number you have made.....big difference....

Hey you have offended me by the way you have you have treated others especial the OP..... ya know so take your deals and comments and start your own thread.....if that doesn't make you happy then start your own discussion under the deal discussion section.....

Great find Patty I am going to put this on my wish list ;)

Well... some comments here...

I personally wouldn't go for the Celeron because I run far too many apps. However, I love the color choices. If I didn't need the processing speed and additional memory, I might just want to get me a cute purple or pink laptop - and pay a little extra for it. I love the color options and, to me, that's worth a price. However, I'm really hard on laptops and when I configured mine (with the accident damage, because we won't even talk about how many I've trashed) it came up closer to $1300. A dual core is simply better for me. For others in my household, the Celeron is perfectly good. A Celeron is absolutely not garbage and I'd argue that with you all day long. You might have a "degree", but I've been using Celerons for about 10 years and never had a problem. HOWEVER, with the applications I run now, a Dual Core works better for me. The average GD member probably does not try to run Quickbooks, Adobe Photoshop, and FamilyTreeMaker software all at the same time. Since I do, routinely, then I'd want something a bit faster.

I personally think that feedback within a deal thread is acceptable. I don't think a separate thread should be started. I simply don't think someone should say something is a bad deal. That's just rude -- and ignorant. If I love purple (which I do) and this meets my computing needs, then this is a great deal!

A nicer way to respond would have been... *If* you are not running a ton of applications and there is something you really like about this laptop, then it's a good deal. However, you can get a dual core processor, which will run much faster, for under $500. (Insert link.) Dell also has other specials blah, blah, blah.

I guess I don't agree with anyone in this thread, lol. Oh well. It's good to be different. :)

I think Dell has gotten a little better with their customer service so I'm going to review what options they have. I really like the purple and I really like the accidental damage protection. The prices on that accidental damage policy for the laptops seems to be more reasonable than many others I've looked at. There was a time when you could not PAY ME to have a Dell. I'm happy to see that they've implemented some improved service - although still not great, imo.

The deal for the Vostro 1500 is much better. Faster processor, more features and options, you can get XP. And its lower cost!!!

I, too, wanted to stick to XP but now that I started using Vista on my work laptop, I'm pretty happy with it, actually. I like lots of the new features. I haven't yet found anything that's a problem. Do you have a link for the Vostro 1500 deal?

OK...I tried building the Vostro the same as my other one I built. It was $118 less BUT it had 1GB less memory (not available in same specs) and it had one year less warranty and accident support (not available in same specs). Last, and not leastly important, is that the Vostro is not available in that beautiful purple color. :)

Overall, if I had to choose to purchase one of the two I built right now, I'd choose the purdy Inspiron with more memory and longer accidental damage for the extra $118.