Video Game Wednesday @ Amazon.com

BridgeIU

Amazon put up an announcement today that tomorrow's Lightning Deals will be all video games for all gaming platforms. Starts at 12am PST!

The original announcement:

On Wednesday, May 21, 2008, video games from the rhythm/music genre will be featured as the top five deals in the Amazon.com Gold Box. The identities of each deal will be revealed one at a time.

Here's how it will work:

At 12:01 AM PST the first deal will be the Gold Box Deal of the Day. Its special discounted price will be available all day only on Wednesday, May 21 (or until we run out.)

Starting at 6:00 AM PST, the second deal will be featured as a Lightning Deal. This special price will be available for the following four hours.

Each of the three remaining deals will also be Lightning Deals. Starting at 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM, and 6:00 PM PST, each deal will be available for four hours after it begins.

Discounts on each deal will be available only while supplies last.

Learn more about Gold Box Deals in our Help section.

ROCK BAND - ROCK BAND - ROCK BAND... COME ON ROCK BAND!!!

ok i have a question. when i click on the box there is a guitar hero and then there is a price for 59.99. so my question is just that. is that the price? also i am guessing that i have to wait till ten am to try and get it. am i correct or wrong.

ok i have a question. when i click on the box there is a guitar hero and then there is a price for 59.99. so my question is just that. is that the price? also i am guessing that i have to wait till ten am to try and get it. am i correct or wrong.

You can buy GHIII now.....and I would before it sells out! It is $59.99 for Wii & Xbox 360 but only $49.99 for the PS2. My DS13 has this bundle for the PS2 and it is his most played game.

The deal of the day (Guitar Hero) you can buy now. The Lightning Deal will be something else. Deal of the day lasts all day unless it sells out, lightning deals only last a block of time and then the next one starts.

I just picked up Guitar Hero for the xbox 360 for only....... 9.99!!!!!!! I am so excited. We have an amazon credit card we used at Christams time and we received two $25 reward certificates. I finally got to use them!!! My boys will be so happy. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: We also use the card throughout the year now so I cant wait for the next one!!

1st deal is DDR bundle pack. My niece who is 16 just got this and loves it. She plays it every night,lol.

This was the only one we didn't have but my girls didn't like it that much. Unless it happens to be a Singstar we don't have !! *fingers crossed*

We have entirely too many video games,lol.

According to the comments the games are:

(9am EST, 6am PST) Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party Bundle (Wii)

(1pm EST, 10am PST) Rock Band Special Edition (PS2)

(5pm EST, 2pm PST) PlayStation 2 SingStar Bundle (PS2)

(9pm EST, 6pm PST) Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour (Wii)

I'm torn - wait for RB or get GH3? decisions decisions!!

Rock Band only gets played when DS13 has atleast 2 friends over.....maybe 1x a month or so. GHIII gets played almost daily!! Plus you can buy the other games to go with it, we have I,II,III & Encore '80's. So hands down GHIII!!!

Dang it!! We have the Hannah Montana one too! Geez!

Could someone help me. I don't know if the Guitar Hero or Rock Band would be good for ds7and 9? Are they too young? Which is better for that age group? TIA

We have had the GH series for years. We have GHI, GHII and GH80's for PS2 and GHIII for 360. My son has been playing them for years. He is now 12. MY DD is 9 and she has also been playing them. There is a easy level for them to start on and when they master it they can go to the next level. MY DS does not even go on the easy anymore he just starts on medium or hard. I think your sons would be fine with it. DS9 especially. It took my DD a little while to get the hang of it but then she was only 5 when we got the first game. Have fun.

Could someone help me. I don't know if the Guitar Hero or Rock Band would be good for ds7and 9? Are they too young? Which is better for that age group? TIA

They might be a little young for Rock Band, but I think GH would be ok. You can always get the drum and microphone later.

my ds is now 8 gonig on 9 he plays the guitar hero. rock band my oldest already has and he is 16. i did just get the rock band for my youngest, for his birthday. as his brother doesnt like to share cause they always break his stuff. . i was also hoping for the rock band for wii.. ohh well.

My ds8 got guitar hero for Christmas, he was still 7. The kid can play on expert. It is unbelievable. He isn't allowed to play for more than an hour a day either. He LOVES it. From what I hear Rock Band may be a little more difficult, but DH will love. Just purchased it for Father's day.