the grocery game

I have done the grocery game for ove a year now. I love it! I'd be curious to hear other people's opinions also just to make sure I'm not enjoying what I think is a good thing just to hear others say it is a scam (funny).

I don't know where you live but I know that I have a few discrepencies every now and again on my list but I think that is because I am on the outskirts of all the major cities around me.

Let me know if you want more info. I can tell you that I have never had any problem with customer service when I needed to take a break and adjust my account.

I personally do not believe in the grocery game.

Constant vigilance (I sound like moody from Harry Potter..) such as:

1. Going over your store's ads every week

2. Knowing which grocery stores in the area doubles or triples coupons

3. Knowing what is a good deal and what isn't a good deal

And there you have it, it's the grocery game. They will tell you what the best deals of the week are at each store, and tell you to stock up. Is chef boyardee 2/1.00? BUY BUY BUY! Combine with the 35 cents off 3 coupon!

If you don't have time to look up the best deals, then it may be worth it. But if you spend a month regularly going through the ads that come out for your local grocery stores (mine arrives in the mail on tuesday/wednesday) plus knowing what coupons you have, then you can totally do it on your own.

I have done the grocery game for over a year and love it! I want to save money with coupons and sales, but I work full time and don't have time to study the sales and make my own list. I enjoy having someone else doing the work.

I looked at the site.... they charge you for membership?? so they want me to spend money... to save money???..:confused:

I do a great job on my own...LOL I am always finding great deals dirt cheap.

Thats my philosophy :) And I agree 100000% with what Freesia said...it is so easy to do on your own. Plus, GG only lists certain stores, so you still end up having to do some of the work. Just a personal opinion, if people didnt like it it wouldnt still be around.

I agree with with Freesia as well. I do not need to pay someone to tell me when to use a coupon to get good deals. I search online and the Sunday paper for the best deals. DH brings home lots of coupons on Sunday from work and I get them from my job well. I personally must say that I have mastered my own plan.

Stockpile on items I can get close to nothing

Buy meats at the grocery store that are marked down (I usually wash and season them vaccum seal)

Take advantage of triple sales and double coupons up to .99 cents.

Lately, I have ventured to Riteaide, they built a new one by job and its convenient to get to and I usually find everything I want and use coupons for every single item in my basket.

Last trip to Riteaid I got Godiva Dark Chocolate covered Almonds for .49 a bag, 4 packs of Trident gum for $1.00, 4 packs of tic tacs for $1.00 just to name a few.

I'm a stickler for coupons and I honestly think we can teach couponmom a few tricks! I saw her on TV just this week and she purchased $180 worth of groceries for $78. She did well but I have heard better. Still have much respect for what she does and tries to people. achieve, groceries for a fraction of the cost. Alot of us have one her are not new to couponing.

Edited by sweetsali
grammer

I personally do not believe in the grocery game.

Constant vigilance (I sound like moody from Harry Potter..) such as:

1. Going over your store's ads every week

2. Knowing which grocery stores in the area doubles or triples coupons

3. Knowing what is a good deal and what isn't a good deal

And there you have it, it's the grocery game. They will tell you what the best deals of the week are at each store, and tell you to stock up. Is chef boyardee 2/1.00? BUY BUY BUY! Combine with the 35 cents off 3 coupon!

If you don't have time to look up the best deals, then it may be worth it. But if you spend a month regularly going through the ads that come out for your local grocery stores (mine arrives in the mail on tuesday/wednesday) plus knowing what coupons you have, then you can totally do it on your own.

I totally agree. I refuse to pay for something that I can do for myself with a little common sense and a good memory.

I used to use the site, and it is great for someone that has never couponed before - it has a LOT of help about different ways to set up your Q system, pictures, the best ways to use the system, and lots of helpful tips - it was exactly what i needed since I had never used coupons before.

I also work full time, so I don't have time to go through the ads, and i really don't think I'd find all the deals as are on the list (maybe once i got the hang of it I would). I can't remember the exact fees, - something like $10 for the first store and $5 fror each store after that for 8 weeks. I way earned the membership fee back and more with all the savings.

I'm on a break from couponing, but I did find another site called couponmom.com to get the list for free (doesn't have as many stores) and also a yahoo group for my area.

Their forums are very helpful (you don't have to have a paid membership to use them), but I thought a couple of those mods were very rude sometimes.

Edited by 2kids-3dogs

Why pay for grocery lists when you have Gottadeal?? I find so many great deals on our message boards,plus, thru Gottadeal, I have not paid OOP for toothpaste, shampoo, TP, dish detergent, body wash, toothbrushes, laundry detergent, deodorants, razors, etc, etc for a good while. :D

I used to use the site, and it is great for someone that has never couponed before - it has a LOT of help about different ways to set up your Q system, pictures, the best ways to use the system, and lots of helpful tips - it was exactly what i needed since I had never used coupons before.

I also work full time, so I don't have time to go through the ads, and i really don't think I'd find all the deals as are on the list (maybe once i got the hang of it I would). I can't remember the exact fees, - something like $10 for the first store and $5 for each store after that for 8 weeks. I way earned the membership fee back and more with all the savings.

I'm on a break from couponing, but I did find another site called couponmom.com to get the list for free (doesn't have as many stores) and also a yahoo group for my area.

Their forums are very helpful (you don't have to have a paid membership to use them), but I thought a couple of those mods were very rude sometimes.

I also work full-time and cannot wait to see the sales for the up coming week. I turned couponing into my hobby. Yes, it is very time consuming but the benefits of getting things for at low cost is definately worth it. People often ask me how do I find the time. Sometimes I'm so whipped out from work, coming home preparing dinner and getting ready for the next day I wonder sometimes how I do it all as well. I told them it only takes 20 minutes to eat lunch (if brought from home) and use the other part to clip coupons and surf the web for sales.

Just thought of something else - although I really like the Grocery Game and feel it is an excellent site for first-time couponers, one of the major down-sides is that the Lists came out on Sundays (sometimes uploaded late on Saturdays), and the store sales ended on Tuesdays - that only left Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday to shop (except CVS and Walgreens - had all week for those).

Like the pp, it was also my hobby - i really enjoyed and and was very into it. Cutting and sorting the Qs was relaxing to me.

I've told myself as soon as my house is thoroughly cleaned and organized, i'm going to get back into it.