GPS Newbie

I'm in the market looking for a GPS unit under $200 i see lot of deals from buy.com, newegg and tigerdirect but i'm not sure what to look for which is a good brand Garmin, Tom Tom etc. If any body can shed some light on this i would appreciate it.

Thanks,

DZ

I just was in the same boat. I picked the Garmin from amazon.com. Bought one with just the features I needed. They had a nice comparison chart on there for the different models. Love it. Let my parents borrow it last week. Now they want one. Easy to use.

My dad has a TomTom and Loves it. So I wanted one. I just bought the TomTom on tigerdirect.com for $109.99 (refurbished) ($114.99 was total) It arrived Friday and I LOVE it. It was very easy to set up and seems to work great! You can do a test drive on it, so I put in my parents address and it showed me the whole route!

I know that price point is a consideration for most but also consider this. My hubby and i bought a tom tom 910 about 2 years ago and got the replacement policy at best buy... yes we paid full price but then when the 920T came out the 910 were phased out out tom tom conveniently had issues at this time and we got the 920T for nothing because the policy states that if they don't have that product they will give u the new modal. Just something to consider.