Avent Duo Electric Breast Pump on Amazon

landdaisy

The manual pump is also cheaper than anywhere else, as is most of the Avent line.

I bought some Avent stuff from Target on sale a couple weeks ago, then noticed the next day Amazon was less. The Target stuff went back.

Just an FYI, Avent is NOT BPA free, if that is a concern. I haven't decided whether it is or not for me, but the pumps work great.

The manual pump is also cheaper than anywhere else, as is most of the Avent line.

I bought some Avent stuff from Target on sale a couple weeks ago, then noticed the next day Amazon was less. The Target stuff went back.

Just an FYI, Avent is NOT BPA free, if that is a concern. I haven't decided whether it is or not for me, but the pumps work great.

As long as you are not heating anything in them it should not be an issue. I personally store breast milk in drop in bags with a rubber band (the tiny hair kind) at the top and then they are good to go when I need them. You simply pour them into the bags (having the bag in a bottle keeps there from being a mess). I use the Playtex drop ins which are bpa free -- and i use the store brand drop ins so they are cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to go with this pump after looking around for a while. It just dropped to $214.87 as well.

Also, I did decide to avoid the whole BPA issue and am using the Avent Magic cups. They fit the pump fine as all avent products are interchangeable. I am still using Playtex drops ins for feeding though.

BPA stands for Bisphenol A, which is a chemical found in many hard plastics (baby bottles, water bottles, Tupperware). At high doses, it has been found to mimic estrogen in animals. This can cause early puberty and other unnatural hormanal changes.

Scientists are arguing what is the minimum dose that humans should be exposed to in order to avoid these changes. They are most concerned with developing fetuses in pregnant women and also infants drinking from bottles. Since these are the periods of the highest and most rapid development in people, one must be careful what babies are exposed to during this time. Babies are also more fragile and affected by environmental changes than older humans. Canada has banned all BPA in baby bottles. Stores are weaning out the bottle lines that have BPA. BPA is still found in most plastic refillable water bottles you can buy (Naglene type in the sporting goods section). On the bottom of all plastic items there is a recycling symbol with a number inside. Type number 7 and 3 contain BPA.

Here's a more detailed link from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

BPA stands for Bisphenol A, which is a chemical found in many hard plastics (baby bottles, water bottles, Tupperware). At high doses, it has been found to mimic estrogen in animals. This can cause early puberty and other unnatural hormanal changes.

Scientists are arguing what is the minimum dose that humans should be exposed to in order to avoid these changes. They are most concerned with developing fetuses in pregnant women and also infants drinking from bottles. Since these are the periods of the highest and most rapid development in people, one must be careful what babies are exposed to during this time. Babies are also more fragile and affected by environmental changes than older humans. Canada has banned all BPA in baby bottles. Stores are weaning out the bottle lines that have BPA. BPA is still found in most plastic refillable water bottles you can buy (Naglene type in the sporting goods section). On the bottom of all plastic items there is a recycling symbol with a number inside. Type number 7 and 3 contain BPA.

Here's a more detailed link from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

Yuk, I just checked my already frozen for work tommorow water bottle & it's a 7:(

Hmm. I have the Tupperware Rock N' Serve Containers, which are on the list of "high" BPA products.

Ergh. I think I'm keeping them for now. I'll get Pyrex ones later on I guess.