Portable DVD player

We are looking to take a road trip next week and have 3 year old twins. We want to get a travel DVD system, and want to get the best deal. Any input? Suggestions? Is it better to get the twin monitors that go over the headrests?

And of course, does anyone know were to get the best deals right now on them?

I have the DVD player in my mini van that comes down from the roof of the car. Since you have two little ones, you may want to consider twin monitors.

I am not up on the latest deals this week but I know that in the recent past Target and Best Buy have had good deals. These have really come down in price and I keep seeing them for around $150-ish range; definitely under $200.00.

HTH

You may want to check and see if the ones with the dual monitors can be used outside of the car as well. We have a single one that we've been able to hook up to a tv in a hotel - and were able to watch the dvd on the hotel tv. Also (having 7 yr. old twins myself) if a twin monitor is the same price as 2 singles, you might be better off having two in case they can't agree on a movie, or if one breaks. None of them are made particularly well. Our latest is one from Target and is just a flat screen vs. one that opens like a laptop - I prefer this type and it's easier for the kids to watch if they ever want to just hold it vs. having it attached to a headrest.

Two years ago or so I got the DVD player with two screens that are exclusively sold at Target. My kids have loved them and I have hod no problems with them. I think I paid around $200.00 for them, but I would guess that the price has come down by now.