LNT-but the signs say......

Hey,

Stop by LNT after work- saw an aisle fixture with boxed 3 piece glass jars sets(10 boxes on this fixture) and there were also boxed single glass jars on this same fixture (7 boxes of these)--sign on top said 9.99 for either the 3 piece box or single vase box..grabbed a 3 piece box-but cashier said it wasn't 9.99-it was 29.99:eyepoppin told her about the sign on top-she called the manager over- he said no too-I asked why these items were on the 9.99 fixture -his response was "hey, we need to fill the fixture, ok? and rolled his eyes....I walked away and went to look in the vase dept...there was a complete wall of this same exact 3 piece boxed set with a clearance take 50% off the orginal price sign--the orginal price of this set is 29.99-which then should have made them 15.00 bucks--I asked if I could buy it for this price--manager's reply was sign is in the wrong spot---I took pics with my camera phone of both the wall with the 50% off sign and the fixture with the 9.99 sign.

It ticks me off :mad::mad:when retailors do this--should I call the District Manager and complain or just never shop it this store again???????????????

Word is they are filing Chapter 11 this week. So the employees maybe grumpy. Still no reason to treat you that way. But I thought I would let you know about the chapter 11 you maybe able to wait and get them even cheaper! Also against the law here so I would still call.

Yep I heard this morning on the radio that LNT is in serious financial disarray and is going

belly up :(

I am telling you it is getting way to scary out in this world. How many stores this year

alone have filed or gone under completely?

I would use that GC before tomorrow...just in case

thought about using mine tomorrow.. i heared about this over the wkend and was worried that once it happens they will not honnor them. so off i go tomorrow i think at lunch time. what a shame but i have to say my store is always dead noone in there.

Guest rhymingnames
If my information is correct:rolleyes: from my old retail days...there is a federal law that stipulates that retailers are bond to honor the price that an item is either marked correctly or incorrectly. Next time tell them that according to the law, they are obligated to sale you the item at that price:yup:.

If my information is correct:rolleyes: from my old retail days...there is a federal law that stipulates that retailers are bond to honor the price that an item is either marked correctly or incorrectly. Next time tell them that according to the law, they are obligated to sale you the item at that price:yup:.

that doesn't work. My PX (military exchange) does not honor items that are wrongly placed or priced. I fought for 45 minutes with the store manager and they will not law or not. Some stores are like that.

Guest rhymingnames

that doesn't work. My PX (military exchange) does not honor items that are wrongly placed or priced. I fought for 45 minutes with the store manager and they will not law or not. Some stores are like that.

The PX is (hate to say this), but not truly subjected to the laws that other civilian stores are:no:. I can assure you that if you go to a non-military store and try to purchase an item that is clearly marked one price but ringing another they are obligated to sale it at that price.

True Example: When I was in college (years ago):eek:, I went to the bookstore to purchase my books. As a habit I always had my syllabus with me and recorded the amount of the books on the sheet. This particular time, I got to the register and one of the books rang $20 more than what it was marked. I showed the girl how much the book was marked, and she said well this is the wrong price:eyepoppin. I informed her that according to the law, she had to give it to me for the sticker price:yup:. She told me no she didn't and I would pay what it was ringing or not buy it:mad:. I asked for her manager and informed him of the problem. He promptly told her that it was a federal law. He told me that not many people know about this, and was shocked that I knew. I told him I had worked in retail for many years and my step-father owned a clothing store;). He then told his clerk that if in the future no one brought up the price difference then not to say anything. Kinda like don't ask don't tell:blush:.

We went to Walmart and there was a game in the $19.99 shelf. We watched it for 2 weeks and ds17 decided he wanted it. Went to the register and it rang $49.99. He told them, no, the tag says $19.99. They said it was a mistake and somebody (they tried to blame on customers but more than 1 was there) put it in the wrong spot. They would not sell it for $19.99. He called the main office and was told too bad. I filed complaint with bbb and was told too bad. 2 weeks later, it was still in the $19.99 tagged spot :confused: A couple of months later, and it had a clearance sticker on it for $19.99 but by then ds17 was disgusted with walmart and would not spend his $$ there.

We went to Walmart and there was a game in the $19.99 shelf. We watched it for 2 weeks and ds17 decided he wanted it. Went to the register and it rang $49.99. He told them, no, the tag says $19.99. They said it was a mistake and somebody (they tried to blame on customers but more than 1 was there) put it in the wrong spot. They would not sell it for $19.99. He called the main office and was told too bad. I filed complaint with bbb and was told too bad. 2 weeks later, it was still in the $19.99 tagged spot :confused: A couple of months later, and it had a clearance sticker on it for $19.99 but by then ds17 was disgusted with walmart and would not spend his $$ there.

I had a similar incident with sunscreen at the checkout line at my local walmart. there was a whole case worth by the sign. someone stocked it wrong. they would not honor the price, regardless of the law.