Spring Dollar Days w/ over 400 $1 Items @ Scholastic.com

jerseygirl

Have a lot of neat things I would like to get the kids in my daycare but I'm not a teacher:(

I think on the website they count daycares as school, see what happens when you get to check out. Most of the stuff here though is for the classrooms, not kids though. They wouldn't like bulletin board borders!

I don't think you have to be a teacher, but I went over and looked and most stuff is geared toward teachers. I couldn't find anything that I was interested in for b-day parties. :g_shrug:

There's no way to order if you aren't a teacher. I couldn't even order when I was a student teacher because for your first order you need to get it shipped to a school address and they verify it.

The Scholastic Parent store is great, and parents can buy from it, but it doesn't have the same deals and shipping is a bit more.

I usually get bummed when I check out their sales... I teach elementary band and there is nothing that is music-related.

They are such good deals, though... I found some things. Specifically, I am buying a few banners and I plan to doctor them up a bit. Like a "No Child Left Behind" banner (which is a joke and has done nothing but hurt most music programs). I am going to make a sign to put over the word Child and replace it with "Melody". :) I am going to have a little fun with an "Everyone Counts" banner too... and add to it, to make it about counting rhythms. :)

Thanks for posting the deal!