Philips 47" 1080p LCD HDTV---Did I get a good deal??

We recently bought a Sylvania 42' LCD and paid $1,099. They say you should have someone come in and Calibrate after 100 hours of use, however, I am not sure what it is...lol. My DH would be able to explain it thoug. I do knwo it is supposed to increase the life of the TV.

Got this TV last night. I know nothing about these TV's at all. Did I get a good deal?:confused:

Philips - Ambilight 2 47" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV

Model: 47PFL7432D

Paid $1499.99

OMG, no! this TV can be had for several hundred dollars less -

and i have read some terrible reviews about hum, picture taking

on blue hues that can't be adjusted :((

can you return it?

y're gonna kill me. april fools. i think you did just fine :)

(runs and hides)

Doesn't sound like too bad a deal to me.

Last month we got a Hitachi 50" full HD with power swivel, open box at Circuit City, 1650 on clearance, haggled down to 1350, then got an extra 300 off for signing up with Directv, and no interest for 36 mos. Love the power swivel- we have a sort of rectangle living room so nice to be able to move it for better viewing =)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure darrylba is talking about this sale. They are factory-renewed products:yuck:

http://www.shopping.philips.com/employeespringsale/

Yep, thats right factory renewed. Allways a market for Factory renewed, I will take my chance with 800 as opposed to 1600. :eyepoppin There were willing buyers as the site actually shut down due to high demand. I think they still have the magnavox version still available for a good price. Thats if Mags rocks your boat.

• 3 weeks later...

we bought a TV from there and they canceled our order b/c they ran out of TVs!!

The same thing happened to me and I got a $250 coupon for the cancellation! Nice! So I got me a 19 inch for just about nothing. I ended up getting a Samsung 46.

db