slim jeans/pants needed

Have you tried Sears, JCPenney or Kohls?

I know I have/do purchase slims from them all the time.

Just an example

JCPenney

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=55405&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=138723e&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=42249|55128|55405

Kohls

www.kohls.com

I can't post a direct link for some reason.

Just click on kids, boys 4-7, jeans and then click where it says size+

Edited by Fishboysmom

MY DD is TEENY TINY TEENNY I mean she turns 7 on the 29th and weighs 37lbs TINY. The only slims that work for her that we don't have to cinch up the adjustable waist or use a belt is LEVI's girls slims everything else needs cinching or belts and we've tried EVERYTHING!

I find the best selection at Kohl's but Levi is pretty universal

HTH

MY DD is TEENY TINY TEENNY I mean she turns 7 on the 29th and weighs 37lbs TINY. The only slims that work for her that we don't have to cinch up the adjustable waist or use a belt is LEVI's girls slims everything else needs cinching or belts and we've tried EVERYTHING!

I find the best selection at Kohl's but Levi is pretty universal

HTH

OMG that is teeny tiny.

My ds3 weighs 39lbs.

DD is a 5 slim and I've only had success with Gap so far, but I'll have to check out all the other places everyone is mentioning. Thanks for this thread! It's so hard finding clothes for kids in slim.

My DD is almost 6 and she weighs 35lbs., so I know what it's like having a smaller girl. I'll have to check out the Levis.

On a related question.

I can find my son slim jeans with alot of looking. Then I ususally still have to cinch in the adjuster. But where can I find slim dress slacks. My son is outgrowing his 6 slims and now needs 7 slims. He needs some new dress slacks for easter and my brother's wedding. The 6 slims were a rare garage sale find so I don't even know where they came from.

I got my son's slim dress slacks at The Children's place online they were adjustable waisted too

I LOVE Adjustable waist for my other 2 slim kids BUT for DD by the time you adjust it enough it leaves little marks on her hips :( So I learned to DISPISE adjustable waist and now EVERYTHING has them except Limited Too and we just use belts with her 6SLIM jeans from there!

*And yes I KNOW she is tiny, her 4yr old baby brother outweighs her. But she is healthy and both DH and I are tiny too!*

I have been living with 2 skinny kids DS12 and DD9. For DS I have always gotten pants for him at Sears. I get their dress slacks there too. They do have slim sizes. Old Navy is also good. For DD I get her pants at Childrens Place. They have slim sizes and it also includes the elastic adjustment too so it can get real small. My DD9 is about 45lbs so I know what skinny is. I have to say though that compared to what she was when she was born 2lbs 5ozs and at age one she was 10lbs.

Good Luck. I know Childrens Place has some jeans right now for 9.99 ane under plus you can use their coupons.

On a related question.

I can find my son slim jeans with alot of looking. Then I ususally still have to cinch in the adjuster. But where can I find slim dress slacks. My son is outgrowing his 6 slims and now needs 7 slims. He needs some new dress slacks for easter and my brother's wedding. The 6 slims were a rare garage sale find so I don't even know where they came from.

My ds7 is so hard to shop for. I just bought him 7 slim dress pants at JCpenneys. They even had suit jackets that match. I have tried everywhere and Penneys seems to be the best by far.

If you shop today (instore), they have a coupon worth 10, 15 or 20 percent off. I of course only got 10!;)

The Gap and Old Navy slim sizes have the adjustable waist band in them so I've found they were wonderful for my youngest. Gap also has the long and lean cut to boot so that helps. I've found that other stores brands aren't as "slim" as those even if they have a slim label. JCPenney and Limited Too slims have always been too broad for my skinny minnie :) I have also tried Abercrombie slims (because folks told me they were cut slimmer) but they were still too big.

If you look in some of the dept. stores (Kohl's I know for sure) they carry some pants in the Mudd brand that are slim and have the adjustable waist too, along with the Levi slims.

My youngest has always had to wear the slim size plus take the adjustable waist in 6 buttons on each side. I was always happy when short and capri weather came along so we didn't have to worry about the length :)

When your DD gets a little older, remember that Aeropostale starts at a size 00 and they have short, regular and long lengths. My DD is wearing 12 slim capri's from Gap, size 14 slim jeans from Gap and 00 regular or longs from Aeropostale.

RobD

Thanks All !! We don't have a JC Penney that close to us, but with spring break and the kids being out of school, we are taking a day trip to the mall with the JC Penneys in 2 weeks.

I am going to have her try them on 1st.

I would love to find slims in Toddler sizes. I do find the adjustable waist but my DD3 hates them, plus they look goofy all bundled up if they do work. She is 3 1/2 and is 29lbs. She has NO hiney! (but she does have a butt crack that we get to see all too often because of pants falling down) It is so hard to find a pant or jean that is long enough and fits her waist.

Does anyone know of a place that makes 3T Slim?

I would love to find slims in Toddler sizes. I do find the adjustable waist but my DD3 hates them, plus they look goofy all bundled up if they do work. She is 3 1/2 and is 29lbs. She has NO hiney! (but she does have a butt crack that we get to see all too often because of pants falling down) It is so hard to find a pant or jean that is long enough and fits her waist.

Does anyone know of a place that makes 3T Slim?

My DD3 (almost 4) weighs 25 lbs and is also very slim. We have had luck at Children's

Place. The jeans are cute with adjustable waists, which really don't look all that bunched

up on her. Old Navy's pants run small, also. I was in there on Friday and saw that a lot

of Spring and Winter items were 75% off, so you may get a deal there.

My DD3 (almost 4) weighs 25 lbs and is also very slim. We have had luck at Children's

Place. The jeans are cute with adjustable waists, which really don't look all that bunched

up on her. Old Navy's pants run small, also. I was in there on Friday and saw that a lot

of Spring and Winter items were 75% off, so you may get a deal there.

That is the two places I have tried. They worked for a while with the 2T but the adjustable waist on the 3T (I need the lengh so need to move up) pulled all the way, are still are too big. Thank you for trying. She is wearing dresses or pants with no buttons, the cotton stretchy kind. Jeans are not easy to find for her.

Thanks again.

Sears has slim sizes. My dd11 just barely tips the scales to 50 lbs so I too know about the need for slims and the adjustable waists that need to cinched to the farthest button to fit the waist and then they feel and fit awkward. My dd13 could still wear a 14 slim but prefers a juniors 00!

That is the two places I have tried. They worked for a while with the 2T but the adjustable waist on the 3T (I need the lengh so need to move up) pulled all the way, are still are too big. Thank you for trying. She is wearing dresses or pants with no buttons, the cotton stretchy kind. Jeans are not easy to find for her.

Thanks again.

Try jumping way up to the little girls section instead of the toddler section. Many kids are still kinda chunky through the toddler years and slim down as they get a little older so toddler sizes tend to have a little more room int he waist and butt. Also some kids in the 3T and 4T sizes are still in diapers so I feel the T sizes are cut just a little roomier to accomidate that as well. Or so it seemed to me. Try the XS in the girls section or see if the 4 slims in the girls section work.

You may have to roll up the cuffs, but that's better than them falling down her butt.

Edited by JollyGG

I do know that Gymboree also has a slim line.

I'm pretty sure that the slim line is only available online, but I might be wrong.

I second the suggestion to go up to little girls sizes. I never had any luck with toddler sizes, because of all the extra room they give you for diapers.