Is Amazon ripping off PRIME members???

I needed a new AIO printer and did some comparisons today online. I ended up getting the HP C7280 model.

Later on in the day I was online on someone else's computer because I wanted to show her what I got and I was not signed into Amazon Prime. I found this same printer from an outside seller for $249, and couldn't find the one sold by Amazon for $284.99 that I bought. So I looked up the item when I was NOT signed in

http://www.amazon.com/C7280-Photosmart-All-Printer-CC567A/dp/B000UY6M2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1205292309&sr=1-1

Then when I am signed in

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UY6M2G

The odd thing is when I'm signed and search the $249 one does not show up at all. I would have bought that one because even with shipping it would have been cheaper than the one Amazon sells for $284.99. When I'm not signed in Amazon's $284.99 one doesn't show up to me

So is this a way to keep Prime members from actually buying lower priced items??

My FREE 2nd day shipping cost me $35.99.

The same items should show up for everyone when searching, whether you are signed or not, and whether you are a prime member or not.

I can't help but wonder how many other products this has happened with and plan to do some research tonight. For whatever reason this happened, and I do believe it is intentional based on the very different search results, its very wrong.

Has anyone ever seen this or noticed this before?

It shows the same $284.99 price from Amazon both signed in (as a Prime member) and not signed in.

I think what it does is show the Amazon offer by default if you are a Prime member (even if it is more $) because of the free shipping, but if you are not a Prime member, it shows 3rd party offers (which don't qualify for Prime) if they are less than Amazon or if Amazon is out of stock. But the Amazon offer is still available under the "More Buying Choices" list on the right.

But the Amazon price is always the same. No ripping off anyone.

The OP is saying they didn't show her the other sellers, that's what the problem is.

Amazon always has the other sellers on the right hand side. It isn't Amazon's fault that the OP didn't look. Amazon doesn't guarantee they will have the lowest price. It is up to the buyer to do the research.

If you ordered it from the 3rd party seller, amazon won't give you a price adjustment. However, since you just ordered yesterday, maybe it hasn't shipped yet. You could just cancel your order and re-order from the other seller.

Also if you order from a 3rd party seller, your purchase is not eligible for PRIME. I clicked on both links of the original post and both times it showed the $249.00 price.

It's also possible that the price went down or the other printer came available after the purchase was made.

I've made purchases on Amazon and within a very short time, the price changed. I think we all experienced the fast price changing during the Pre-Xmas Toy Sale.

Yes, I can see your point about when you are not signed in, it automatically showed the $249 one and when signed in, it did default as the first option the $284.99 but when I click on either link (signed and unsigned in) On the right side is other options and on the signed in option, the $249 was very visibly showing. I do think you bring up a good point to maybe trying both searches to see if you are indeed getting the best price. I personally don't just go off of what comes up in search, I do look at the other options, not just Amazon's prices. I don't think you can cancel at this point, but you certainly can refuse shipment and it will automatically go back to Amazon and you could order from the other vendor. Not sure but you can check help section on this about return policy.

It's also possible that the price went down or the other printer came available after the purchase was made.

This is very possible.

I have been looking @ this exact printer for a few months now, and the price HAS gone up and down many times...sometimes even 3 times each day!

Since we are on the topic of Amazon Prime, does anyone have it and what do you think of it? I just signed up for the one month trial yesterday and feel as though it seems like a good deal, I just don't understand how Amazon is making money off such a deal. 2 day shipping is expensive. I do love that you don't have to have a minimum though!

Since we are on the topic of Amazon Prime, does anyone have it and what do you think of it? I just signed up for the one month trial yesterday and feel as though it seems like a good deal, I just don't understand how Amazon is making money off such a deal. 2 day shipping is expensive. I do love that you don't have to have a minimum though!

I love Amazon Prime. I started with the trial in November and bought it in December in time for the massive amounts of Christmas toys I found on Amazon, thanks to Gotta Deal. :thumbsup:

But you know what? It is probably a great marketing deal. I shop FIRST at Amazon because of my shpping deals on Prime, and that way they get way more business from me than they would if I had to pay for shipping. I have been pleased and have gotten my money's worth.

I had the free month trial on Amazon Prime and LOVED it. I just haven't taken the plunge for the annual fee but will definitely do so before the holidays. I shop on Amazon a lot and that's generally the first place I look for items so I may as well get them quickly.

I have Amazon Prime because I forgot to cancel the free trial. :) I love it though. Lots of time I have let a small item pass by even though it was a good deal because of shipping. Now I check Amazon first for just about everything. I am really pleased with it and think it was worth the money.

I heard the doorbell ring earlier and this post reminded me to ask hubby what the UPS man brought today, lol. He's here just about every day. :tongue1: I now order diapers, luna bars, and anything I can on Amazon if the price is comparable or better. I order books, toys, household things, and just about anything else! I love Amazon Prime. They're definitely in my top 2 favorite places to shop... right after Costco. :D

I heard the doorbell ring earlier and this post reminded me to ask hubby what the UPS man brought today, lol. He's here just about every day. :tongue1: I now order diapers, luna bars, and anything I can on Amazon if the price is comparable or better. I order books, toys, household things, and just about anything else! I love Amazon Prime. They're definitely in my top 2 favorite places to shop... right after Costco. :D

I thought it was just me. I have actually found a few (not many though) things on Subscribe & Save that I thought were close enough to Walmart price to just have them delivered. My DD9 still wears Goodnites and she was always worried that we would run into a friend when we were buying them at the store. $13.41 for a large pack is really comparable and spares her that worry.

Another thing with Prime is that you can have up to four people share it. We do this in my family and then we end up at $20 each for the whole year!! I LOVE MY PRIME!! One thing about buying from 3rd party sellers is there isn't always a company to report problems too.

It seems to be 209.99 now, so make sure you get your price adjustment. :)

Plus about $20 shipping.

I just bought the c7280 @ Staples online...$179.98 + tax shipped! :eyepoppin

It is $299.98 with a $120 coupon @ their site!

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&jspStoreDir=Staples&productId=190482&cmSearchKeyword=c7280&fromUrl=home&cmArea=SEARCH&catalogId=10051&langId=-1

Plus about $20 shipping.

I just bought the c7280 @ Staples online...$179.98 + tax shipped! :eyepoppin

It is $299.98 with a $120 coupon @ their site!

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&jspStoreDir=Staples&productId=190482&cmSearchKeyword=c7280&fromUrl=home&cmArea=SEARCH&catalogId=10051&langId=-1

Wow thats a great deal!:yup: I would buy this one and return the Amazon one if it was me!