Problems making a purchase from Buy.com

Has anyone ever had problems making a purchase from Buy.com? I get updates from them via email all the time with weekly specials. Yesterday I received an email saying that they had the McAffee Internet Security - 3 user on sale for $14.99 with free shipping. I ordered it, paid via paypal last night and thought it was a done deal. I woke up this morning to check my email and found an email from Paypal telling me that my money was refunded from Buy.com. No explanation, etc. I immediately went back to their site and reordered and the money was again refunded. This time I went back and ordered it using my Mastercard. Don't know the status of that order yet. If they were OOS it shouldn't let you purchase it. Anyone else ever have this problem with Buy.com?:confused:

I've bought a few items from them and they have arrived, been OK, etc. I know there have been others who have complained about not receiving other items or having problems.

Have you tried calling or emailing their customer service number and asking them what the status is of your order?

Have you tried calling or emailing their customer service number and asking them what the status is of your order?

I've emailed them through the customer service link on their website and still haven't gotten a response more than 24 hours later but I think I figured it out. They say they won't ship to me because my paypal account is unverified. I'm not even sure what that means. I've been using my paypal account since 1998 and never had a problem. I placed my order a third time using my mastercard through their site and it looks like it is going through as the status says "sent to warehouse" I just ordered through paypal because I didn't want to run to my purse downstairs to get my mastercard. That'll teach me for being lazy! ;)

FROM PAYPAL WEBSITE:

How Do I Become Verified?

Just Add and Confirm a Bank Account. We will send your account two small deposits. Enter these deposits on the PayPal website. Answer a quick confirmation phone call from our third-party authentication service to validate your information, and you're all set.

Get Verified using your credit card

Provide us with your info. We’ll make two small charges to your card. Return to PayPal and enter those charges along with the adjacent code as they appear on your credit card statement. We’ll reimburse you for the charges and you’ll be Verified.

It's fast, easy, and we can guide you through each step.

I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered 2 mp3 players, paid for them with a cc...no problems. They even sent me a tracking number and I tracked them until they were 10 miles from my house. Then all of a sudden my tracking number wasn't valid. I call to see what the deal is and they said there was a problem with my shipping address (never had any problems before) and they were returned to a warehouse somewhere. My cc was refunded. They couldn't resend them for the same price because the sale was over AND it was the first time I used Google checkout to get my $10 off so I lost that savings also because it's only good on your first order. I was mad and haven't ordered anything from them since.

I've ordered from Buy.com around 50 times in the last 10 or so years (going way back to when they had $20 off $20 coupons in the late 90s :D) and have never had a problem. Sometimes they take a day or two longer to ship that I'd have liked, but no other problems. Highly recommended from me :)