orange mens turtleneck

buzzt

Hi All, Anyone know where I can purchase a mens orange turtleneck sweater (not a mock turtleneck- a full one please) ? My husband needs one for work and I cant find one to buy anywhere! :( Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated

http://item.express.ebay.com/Apparel-Accessories_Mens-Clothing_Mens-Vests_BRIGHT-ORANGE-MOCK-TURTLENECK-BY-RALPH-LAUREN-SIZE-LG_W0QQitemZ270158838975QQihZ017QQptdnZMenQ27sQ20VestsQQddnZApparelQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadnZMenQ27sQ20ClothingQQptdiZ562QQddiZ1410QQadiZ1408QQcmdZExpressItem

almost - this is a mock neck

this is a t shirt

will see if I can find anything that fits the bill --- usually if the employer is so picky - they should supply the clothing.... IMO

http://www.workersexpress.com/cart/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=K227&SRCH_ID=&SRCH_DESCRIPTION=&SRCH_MANUFACTURER=&SRCH_CATEGORY=Knits&FIND_TEXT=&PageNo=2&RowCount=6

I dont know how big your guy is - but LL Bean has womens tnecks in orange..(you wouldn't have to tell him).;).....but only misses sizes - so that probably won't help...

Edited by ukdebc

Thanks for your help UKDEBC. I wish it was that simple that the uniform is supplied but alas it is not. Anyway I mentioned the mock turtleneck idea and it was not acceptable. Hadnt thought about the womens sies before but he is definitely bigger than a miss size (thank goodness :)

Ok - so if I HAD to have this - I would probably do the following at least until he can find out where to get one of these shirts.

buy a shirt such as this (I searched for high visability workwear)

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/images.php?imgtype=L&product_id=2003&thumb=1&width=200&height=200

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/product/safety-t-shirts-long-sleeve.html

and then use one of these under the shirt

http://www.dickies-dickies.com/images/Img135.gif

from http://www.dickies-dickies.com/

- otherwise you could dye a white one orange - but I think that might be hard to get even...

HTH and GL

If you go to www.kingsizedirect.com and search turtlenecks...they have one that is called rust that is basically the orangey...pumpkin color from Halloween. Don't know if that would be close enough. When I enlarged the photo...it looked orange to me. HTH.

Debhha that looks like it could be an option. Could you tell me please where you found it? At this point I am so tired. I just spent this morning again at an outlet place looking at all their stores. (My internet was done anyway :)) Anyway I am back now and will look into all your suggestions.

OK i checked some Hunters Websites AFREY66 and they sell alot of camouflage and scent hiding turtlenecks (?!) but no orange. Also checked sierratrading INLUVSTILL but then realized it was the same place KANDY suggested earlier in her post. I have looked at some many places I am forgetting where i have been. Anyway I guess my last option is DEBBHA's and UKDEBC's. The problem is it must be ORANGE as in saftey / security bright orange. Thanks again ALL FOR EVERYTHING and helping me through this. :)

the thumbnail is from the www.kingsizedirect.com, I will keep plugging to see if I see an orange one. I think the appropriate color is called orange glow or orange blaze. I've seen T-shirts on safety clothing sites, but not a turtleneck. Wish I could be more help.

Worse case scenario would be that I saw a women's orange turtleneck in plus size at Land's Ends website.

Edited by debbha
add'l info

Since the brilliant folks at your husband's work have decided people should wear this, what do they have to say about where to get them? Maybe they have already done the leg work and know where they are available. Otherwise, maybe he needs to go to them and say orange turtlenecks are nearly impossible to find. Is there another alternative?

Thanks for the additional color name choices Debbha. I will certainly try those choices in my online searches. i never knew there were some many different ways to say orange before!! And since the employer has made it my hubby's responsibility to get the right shirt, it then in turn it became my headache :) Sugar&Spice.

Again thank you all for your support in getting me through this

Glad to help....returning the many times that others have helped me. I too was surprised to find so many ways to say "orange". My brother works for our local power company and tried to see if the uniform company that they used had colors like this..unfortunately, they didn't. :no: But I will keep looking. Have you tried a local uniform company? Many of those places can ask a manufacturer and get something like that....I still remember looking for 100 percent cotton socks and other apparel and finally stumbling upon someone willing to order in bulk.

classiccloseouts has mens turtlenecks for $5.99 BUT they have all dark colors except for a bright yellow one.maybe you could see if the dry cleaners maybe dye things. it is in the clearance section

k mart has mens turtlenecks for $8 of course not in orange but they do have white you could dye it or have it dyed

Edited by dealluvr
add

KMART is a good idea. I will check the one by me! Also Debbha I suspect i will just stumble across one too (at least i hope so). I dont want to get frustrated by the whole thing as I am thankful for the reason hubby needs one. A job is a job!