New Main Site "Member Posted Deals" Recognition Program

Brad

We're starting a new program here on the forum to reward those members who post deals here in the Online Hot Deals forum that end up making it to the main site home page.

Here is how it works:

If you post a deal here in this forum that I decide is hot enough to also post on the main site, the following will happen:

* your thread here on the forum will now have this special "star" post icon: Posted Image

* when the deal is posted on the main site, your forum username will be credited in the deal description, along with a link to your thread

* the thread will earn you 3 extra entries for the deal posting contest (in addition to the entry you already earned for posting it)

* in the future, we may have other contests for those who post "star" deals

There is no limit to the number of "star" deals you can have per day. Be aware that the sole decision as to what qualifies as a "star" deal is my own. Also note that this apples to the actual deals posted on the home page, not the threads shown in the "Hottest Online Deal Forum Threads" listing section of the home page.

NOTE: There are some instances where you may have posted a thread for a deal that I later post on the main site and it is not starred. Some of these cases would likely be:

* In many cases, deals are sent from stores directly to all affiliates, so you may have seen the deal somewhere else and posted it, and then I saw the e-mail from the store and posted it without ever seeing your thread.

* I also occasionally type up deals ahead of time to post later. In this case, you may have posted a deal that I already had typed up and so it would not get credit.

* If you posted a more non-specific "sale" or "weekly deals" thread, I may post deal(s) for specific items from that sale without ever seeing that they were a part of your thread.

This program is mostly for deals I happen to see when browsing the forum and think to myself, "wow, that's pretty good - I'll post that on the main site".

I guarantee that if your thread is where I first find out about a deal, you will get credit :)

* the thread will earn you 3 extra entries for the deal posting contest (in addition to the entry you already earned for posting it)

There is no limit to the number of "star" deals you can have per day. Be aware that the sole decision as to what qualifies as a "star" deal is my own. Also note that this apples to the actual deals posted on the home page, not the threads shown in the "Hottest Online Deal Forum Threads" listing section of the home page.

This part of the post just stuck out to me. Guess I better find some deals to wow ya! :D