Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

NEW! How do I create photo albums & upload photos?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 22,172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 28, 2008 - 6:27 pm

If you have at least 5 posts and have been around for a few days, you are now able to create photo albums and upload photos for others to see on your user profile page!

Just go to your Control Panel (http://forums.gottadeal.com/usercp.php)

and click the link for Pictures & Albums http://forums.gottadeal.com/album.php)

You can then create an album and begin adding photos to it :D

Once you have uploaded photos, others can view them on your profile page. They can also comment on your photos as well :)

If you have any questions about creating photo albums, please post here.

#2 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,906 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 28, 2008 - 6:47 pm

I'll probably continue using my photobucket.com account, but are these images limited to be viewed by those who are registered members of Gottadeal, or can non-members (and/or Google images) see the images too?

I'm Gottadeal's Fix-It/D-I-Y guy. ~ Since 8/2/07, the Ban Hammer has fallen on 233 spammers! Hammer.gif

#3 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 22,172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 28, 2008 - 6:50 pm

I'll probably continue using my photobucket.com account, but are these images limited to be viewed by those who are registered members of Gottadeal, or can non-members (and/or Google images) see the images too?

They are part of your user profile, which is only viewable to logged-in members, so non-memebers / search engine bots won't see them.

In addition, there is an option to have a specific album only viewable to those members on your friends list for added privacy.

#4 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 22,172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 28, 2008 - 6:51 pm

In the future we'll probably have a little icon under your avatar (like the eBay one in Marcster's post) to denote that a member has a photo album set up and pictures available for viewing. Also, the max number of photos and max size (both file size and dimensions) of photos increases the longer you've been a member. Similar to having custom avatars and custom user titles - once you hit the 50 post mark and have been a member for 2 weeks, you'll have the max allowed :)

#5 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,735 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 28, 2008 - 7:47 pm

Btw, I like this feature! Thank you for adding it

#6 lisamag  OFFLINE  

lisamag

Friends help each other

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 10:41 am

They are part of your user profile, which is only viewable to logged-in members, so non-memebers / search engine bots won't see them.

In addition, there is an option to have a specific album only viewable to those members on your friends list for added privacy.

is there a way to change that once the album is uploaded? i didn't realize i hadn't change it for my friends and mods only to view it and would like to change it to be more private. also how can i delete an album once it as been created?

#7 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• 11,971 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 11:33 am

is there a way to change that once the album is uploaded? i didn't realize i hadn't change it for my friends and mods only to view it and would like to change it to be more private. also how can i delete an album once it as been created?

There is a link on the upper right of the album that says "Edit Album"

Click that and it will let you change the privacy and/or delete the album.

#8 lisamag  OFFLINE  

lisamag

Friends help each other

• 3,116 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 30, 2008 - 12:04 pm

thanks scott, gee i feel so stupid. i was messing around with the colors and didn't realize that i made the texting the same color as the back round, so i didn't see the words.:g_doh:

#9 Spiderlady  OFFLINE  

Spiderlady

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted May 25, 2008 - 7:30 am

Hmm.... I thought I posted a question on this thread, but I don't see it here. I wonder if it's adrift in cyber-purgatory??:) My question is, can I post photos/graphics from files on my computer to an album, or must the photo/graphic be from an online site?
"Minds are like parachutes… they only function properly when open"

#10 Shortness  OFFLINE  

Shortness

Everybody needs love...

• 6,725 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 25, 2008 - 3:40 pm

Hmm.... I thought I posted a question on this thread, but I don't see it here. I wonder if it's adrift in cyber-purgatory??:)
My question is, can I post photos/graphics from files on my computer to an album, or must the photo/graphic be from an online site?

It can be from a file on your computer. All of mine are. :)
If not today, maybe tomorrow...:mail:

#11 Spiderlady  OFFLINE  

Spiderlady

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted May 25, 2008 - 4:43 pm

Thanks Shortness!! But, there's a problem when I open the album there's no way to upload the pictures. I followed the instuctions on the first post of this thread and get stuck. In other forums the link allows one's computer files to upload the photo. Am I missing something??:confused:
"Minds are like parachutes… they only function properly when open"

#12 candlesbytammy1  OFFLINE  

candlesbytammy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 12, 2008 - 5:35 am

OK....I need help. I was able to add an album with pictures, but still having problems.... I used the 'Insert Image' button above and have tried many different url's but it doesn't physically show the picture. It shows a link to click to get the picture. I want to be able to actually post a picture. How would one be able to do actually post a picture as part of a reply

#13 jeninpa  OFFLINE  

jeninpa

Mama to 4

• 7,121 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 12, 2008 - 3:20 pm

When you said upload photo's I thought someone finally posted the "how to's" of posting photo's in message's,lmao.

Just incase anyone comes here thinking the instructions are here for adding pics to your posts, I added them here in a spoiler,lol. I probably posted these in 10 different threads by now,lol.
Spoiler

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." - Tinkerbell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users