Has anyone heard of Implix or www.getresponse?? Unauthorized charge to bank acct

maaj

FH got online to check his back account last night and there is a $639.95 charge from www.getresponse.com

We have no idea what it is. He went to the bank, everything will be fine, but they can't do anything until it clears (it is still pending). I start googling these people and find a phone number and call.............Kevin answered, he at first said there was nothing they charged for at his company, then when we mentioned what we saw online (you can buy 2000 email marketing leads for that same amount that was charged to his account). Once I said that he gave me an email address for billing, stated there was no phone number, just email.

So I call back and I am harassing him, asking all kinds of questions, really just pissing him off till the point of him screaming that I was not listening to him when I kept asking the same questions of I could not understand why I could not talk to anyone about this problem.

I got his "bosses" name as Jonathan Moore. They are a sister company to Implix. They are located in Canada and Poland.

If anyone has ANY information, I would greatly appreciate it as we would like our $650.00 back NOW!!!!!!!!

Never heard of them. I would continue your on-line investigation.

Sorry that happened to you :( It could be an honest mistake-maybe another customer from your bank did order that and when the bill went out, they may have the account number wrong and it was taken from your account :gdparanoid: It sucks either way-mistake or fraud :(

Good luck though-keep us updated :)

Thanks. Not sure how it happened, but it was not an honest mistake because yesterday there was another $690 charge to his account from a data company. Someone has stolen the card number, so we are waiting on this second thing to go through and then it will all be closed.

It think it's all our online shopping. My number got stolen too. First time. But I have to admit I did a lot of my Christmas shopping online this year for the first time also. I just received my new creditcard. When I got my statement this month there were charges I didn't make on it. The biggest pain is I have to think of all the things that get directly charged to my cc and call them to give them my new number.

I don't know how people live with themselves.......:( Good luck to you.

Thanks. Not sure how it happened, but it was not an honest mistake because yesterday there was another $690 charge to his account from a data company. Someone has stolen the card number, so we are waiting on this second thing to go through and then it will all be closed.

No mistake then :( That just sucks :mad: Good luck.

This happened to me about a year ago...I had over $2700 in charges on my debit card that went pending within 2 days... all to companies online (amazon, ebay, etc).

My credit union told me that it is becoming more common to have credit card numbers stolen in person with a card reader than it is to have them stolen online. Anytime your card leaves your sight there is a chance that the person with your card has swiped it through one of these machines (restaurant, coffee stand, etc.) which captures the numbers...they then sell the numbers to other people (usually overseas). It can happen weeks or even months before your account actually starts getting used.

Sorry this happened to you! It sucks having to clean everything up afterwords.

Guest JustMeDiana
I am soooooo sorry this happened. Last summer our bank contacted us because someone was trying to hack in on our account. We had to close out that debit card and open up a new one Such a pain in the :gd_shake: