Build a bear kitty is DEAD HELP!

My DD's FIRST Build a bear died today...Ok that is a bit dramatic but I've been dealing with dramatic DD all afternoon. It is an orange tabby and his "meow" died today. It just makes a horrible awful shrieking noise.:yuck: He has never been wet or anything..

Will BAB replace it? Even if I have to pay for it...For some reason they stuffed it deep down in Kitties (she wasn't too creative at 2 lol) LEG...not sure how they are going to preform surgery to fix him!

Anyone taken their bear in for repairs before...?

I think BAB has a lifetime guarentee. If the stiching comes undone, your bear gets too "flat" and needs more stuffing, if you need to replace the sound, you are welcome to take your bear to the store and get it fixed up for free.

I have asked a few times and this is what my store told me, but YMMV. They said just walk up to the register first and ask for a paw pass for your bear (kitty); it's basically a visitor's pass so they know you aren't stealing a new kitty. And then they will help you out. :)

To fix the sound I think the cut the stiches open, get the bad sound out, put the new sound in, and restuff if necessary. Then they add new stitches. :) I'm sure DD will find something for Kitties for him to recover during his post-op time...

Ours does repairs, no problem. Actually, there was a family in front of us last time, getting a sound fixed.

When we made one last year, the associate actually told us that if there's ever an issue, to just bring it back and they'd fix it. (like extra fluffing adding, etc) I'm sure that would cover helping to replace a broken MEOW, even if you have to pay for the box. :)

DS2 has the orange tabby, and is named "Kitty", too! Must be the age. :) Thought for sure he'd go after the dino, but nope...he wanted "Kitty."

Thanks guys that is great. She owns 12 different BAB and they probally have more clothes and accessories than I do ! LOL

We don't have a build a bear here but we'll pack him when we got to Dallas for Spring Break. Poor DD! My mom is coming next weekend maybe I'll send it home with her and she can mail it back...DD will probally want to go in with Kitty to get him fixed though..

ALL she plays with is stuffed animals. I hope she never grows outta it! (She is 6 BTW!)

I asked DD...she said that the have the "Build a bear hospital" that they send it to...

but that's for her Rudolph, since his nose doesn't glow anymore...

gonna have to check to make sure about that...

AWW I hope our Rudolph doesn't break...You checked the batteries right? I wonder if the lightbulb goes out?!?

DD would DEFINATLY be sad if Rudolph died! Hope you can get your DDs fixed too!

AWW I hope our Rudolph doesn't break...You checked the batteries right? I wonder if the lightbulb goes out?!?

DD would DEFINATLY be sad if Rudolph died! Hope you can get your DDs fixed too!

I don't think it's the bulb...we checked the batteries...it seems to be a wiring issue...

she's upset, cuz she LOVES Rudolph...

I don't think it's the bulb...we checked the batteries...it seems to be a wiring issue...

she's upset, cuz she LOVES Rudolph...

AWW did would be upset too. Rudolph is her favortie at the moment. He is sporting the "Hannah Montana" wig at the moment LOL

Those batteries are HECK to get in and out aren't they! Hope Rudolph gets fixed soon. I am going to call BAB and will post back my results in a few minutes!

This isn't about the sound, but since you mentioned that you 12 build a bears, have you tried their new Build a bearville? It opened last month I think. New animals from there have the code on the birth certificate, but if you go in the store they give you a pass to enter 5 of your animals from the past. It's a lot like Webkinz, but not as good, but it is free.

I think anyone can go on and play, but you may be limited to what you can do without actually owning one.

When we went to BAB to make dd20 months her first bear, we took the first bear that DS11 ever made in with us to get him a new outfit. I had lost his birth certificate and they let us make a new one. I somehow remembered that his name was Dumpling! They didn't make that bear anymore - hadn't for a long time - but the store manager recognized him as one of the original bears and found it in the lineup for us. He even got restuffed and fluffed. All of that was free. :) I bought him some new shades and a pleather motorcycle jacket.

Ds6 wanted to make a new one that day and he made my first dd's that day. We don't have one around here but when we're near one, dd 7 months will get hers. We need to think about a trip soon. We love that store! I know we can order one online but it's not the same as going there and kissing the heart and doing all of that special stuff. For us, the thrill of the BAB mostly lies in the process of making it.

This isn't about the sound, but since you mentioned that you 12 build a bears, have you tried their new Build a bearville?

http://www.buildabearville.com/#

It opened last month I think. New animals from there have the code on the birth certificate, but if you go in the store they give you a pass to enter 5 of your animals from the past. It's a lot like Webkinz, but not as good, but it is free.

I think anyone can go on and play, but you may be limited to what you can do without actually owning one.

THANKS We will have to check that out. I ordered Rudolph and the pink spotted kitty for Christmas so they should have a code right? I'll have to check their BC I keep them in file in the file cabinet with OUR BC LOL..!

Mimzy (the floppy eared bunny) is by far her favorite!

Uh-oh he is OOS online wonder if I can find him in store?

http://www.buildabear.com//ProductImages/BABW_US/Large/5847L.jpg

BTW Guys the customer service gal I talked to said they can fix "Kitty" in store. Actually she said they probally unstuff him an DD can remake/restuff him since he probally needs fluffing and they'll have to go into his leg. YEAH like getting the experience without paying for it !! LOL although she wants that new "snow" dog (Husky I guess?!) She calls them ALL snow dogs, she is obsessed with those darn things! So I am sure we will pick him up to.

I told her Kitty would have to go in for surgery to get his meow fixed and she said "AWW I don't know if I can watch that ! " :tongue1: Silly girl!

AWW did would be upset too. Rudolph is her favortie at the moment. He is sporting the "Hannah Montana" wig at the moment LOL

Those batteries are HECK to get in and out aren't they! Hope Rudolph gets fixed soon. I am going to call BAB and will post back my results in a few minutes!

I figured an easy way to get the batteries in and out of Rudolph...

all I do is put the wired end in first...then the other end slips in easily

I figured an easy way to get the batteries in and out of Rudolph...

all I do is put the wired end in first...then the other end slips in easily

I think ours might be overstuffed we tried every which way and it was HECK finally DH got in back in. When I did it I could hardly get the velcro to close and it buckled a bit...I was going t take some stuffing out but then I am afraid he wouldn't stand :( Oh-Well I hope his batteries stay good for awhile!!

Good luck getting his lights fixed you should call they were really nice!

LOL although she wants that new "snow" dog (Husky I guess?!) She calls them ALL snow dogs, she is obsessed with those darn things! So I am sure we will pick him up to.

Don't forget his matching puppy! :yup: That's one of my DS's favs too. He's campaigning for the waggly puppy next <sigh>

LOL although she wants that new "snow" dog (Husky I guess?!) She calls them ALL snow dogs, she is obsessed with those darn things! So I am sure we will pick him up to.

My DD loves her husky Pepper and her Baby Pepper! Just so you know though, the husky isn't new, they are over two years old. We built Pepper in fall of 2005 and Baby Pepper was a gift from her little brother in December 2005.

We just went to BAB today and DD adopted the new Valetine's doggie :D She has been hugging Kay all day long.

My DD loves her husky Pepper and her Baby Pepper! Just so you know though, the husky isn't new, they are over two years old. We built Pepper in fall of 2005 and Baby Pepper was a gift from her little brother in December 2005.

We just went to BAB today and DD adopted the new Valetine's doggie :D She has been hugging Kay all day long.

AWW she saw it in the newest BAB catelog that had all the new valentines day stuff in it..I hope the store in Dallas still has it ;( We haven't been since GOSH March of 06 We've just been ordering online. We are going to visit my mom in Dallas in March before heading to SeaWorld...so I am taking her then..Maybe I'll watch him online and order him unstuffed JIC!

BTW that magazine has a $5 off any animal $10 or more and he calander has a $10 off $20 I believe HTH!

AWW she saw it in the newest BAB catelog that had all the new valentines day stuff in it..I hope the store in Dallas still has it ;( We haven't been since GOSH March of 06 We've just been ordering online. We are going to visit my mom in Dallas in March before heading to SeaWorld...so I am taking her then..Maybe I'll watch him online and order him unstuffed JIC!

BTW that magazine has a $5 off any animal $10 or more and he calander has a $10 off $20 I believe HTH!

Where do you get the BAB catalog? My DS 5 has been bugging me to go to BAB and coupons would be great. His bday is in March so I'm thinking of taking him then. He REALLY wanted Rudolf but they were all out when we went :o( so we missed out. But they always have something new. I have 3 kiddos...so we will be getting 3 YIKES! Online coupons would be good too. Thanks!

I'd think you could get them in store BUT my dd has had HUNDREDS of dollars shipped to my house in the past year so I am sure we ended up on the mailing list that way....Maybe try signing up an account at Buildabear.com?

I can check the coupons later for online codes I am sure they have them on there but I left them in DH's truck..not sure when he'll make it home ::) DD's and Ds's Bday is in March too (29th & 30th!)

If you can't find the husky my store has it. I would be glad to pick it up for you and send it to you unstuffed of course:) We are big BAB fans. I earned 9 stuff for stuff certificates in the month of December:blush: Don't tell DH! On the bright side I was able to pay for the twins BAB birthday party with my coupons.

If you can't find the husky my store has it. I would be glad to pick it up for you and send it to you unstuffed of course:) We are big BAB fans. I earned 9 stuff for stuff certificates in the month of December:blush: Don't tell DH! On the bright side I was able to pay for the twins BAB birthday party with my coupons.

AWW THANKS! I'll keep that in mind, if you don't mind!! I bookmarked him and going to make my mom go by her store and pick him up unstuffed IF they have him!

OMG on all your STUFF coupons I think I earned 3 during December and I thiought THAT was worth keeping from DH granted I only have ONE to buy for ;) Safely we don't have a store within 600 miles so I probally could have earned MORE!

It was those dang reindeers! I just couldn't get enough of all their stuff. With 4 girls there is no way to avoid that store. In my defense DH's grandparents got $115 in giftcards that they used my number for.

Just let me know about the husky. I really don't mind. I am going this weekend because one of the twins was invited to a b-day party there. I am going to pick up the gem bear for me:)

P.S. DH loves the husky too. He begged all three of my kids to make one and none of them caved...lol! Poor guy!