ATI RADEON 9800 Pro 128MB - needed

Gonna be tough to find them for cheap right now, I paid $100 for mine slightly used, but it was also from a really good friend and he also owed me. You're not going to find them for much cheaper than $150-175 is my guess.

What exactly do you do? I'm sure you can get by with a slightly older card if you're not huge into gaming. Otherwise, for the money you'll spend on a 9800 Pro, I'd wait a few months, save up, and buy a current gen vid card.

I bought a DELL 2005fp wide screen LCD using this site

Thank you for supporting GottaDeal.com and I'm sure you'll enjoy your new monitor.

I'm using an older Leadtek A250 Ti4200 video card which I purchased used for $100 off a FS/FT forum. Other than the fan being loud it operates my 2005FPW beautifully.

To optimize this monitor's performance, my system must be able to support WSXGA+ resolution (1680 x 1050).

Desktops

Legacy/Current AGP Video Card Support

*Legacy AGP Video Card Support - Requires video driver update from support.dell.com

Graphics Card 2005FPW 2405FPW

ATI RadeonTM X800 XT 256MB DDR-SDRAM *Yes *Yes

ATI Radeon X800 SE 128MB DDR-SDRAM *Yes *Yes

ATI 256MB Radeon 9800XT *Yes *Yes

ATI 128MB Radeon 9800Pro *Yes *Yes

ATI ALL-IN-WONDERTM 9000 64 MB DDR-SDRAM No *Yes

ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition 256MB DDR-SDRAM **Yes **Yes

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GTO 256MB **Yes **Yes

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256MB **Yes **Yes

ATI Radeon X300 128MB PCI Express x16 **Yes **Yes

ATI Radeon X300 SE 128MB DDR-SDRAM **Yes **Yes

ATI Radeon X300 SE 64MB DDR-SDRAM **Yes **Yes

Intel® GMA 900 **Yes **Yes

Looks like I need to stay within these guide lines. (Right?)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=320-4111

Looks like I need to stay within these guide lines. (Right?)

Many, many video cards will support WSXGA+ resolution. If that is the only considering in purchasing the 9800 Pro, you can certainly choose a much more inexpensive card.

The feature that should most influence your decision is purchasing a card that offers a DVI interface.

I like the ATi 9600, but the one below looks like a lot for the money

Seen another post about video cards http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?submit=Go&DEPA=0&CMP=OTC-Froogle&description=N82E16814150059

Will this work well?

That card should work fine

Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@75Hz

Also consider an ATI 9550 card for around the same price.

easytim: you may want to list which applications you make use of regularly, and your preferred resolution. That would enable those offering aid to make well informed suggestions, rather than pricing out a great many cards.

If you aren't a high end gamer/graphic designer/video editor/CAD/CAM user/utilizing more than one display/etc, there are few reasons to spend a great deal of money on a video card. A moderately or inexpensively priced quality card can suit the needs of most average users.

I'm not a gamer, I use my PC to capture CCTV to the hard drive. I do a lot of editing with avi and mpeg files Thanks to the people here I got this card. I'm very pleased with all the help I received here. I only hope I can help someone else as well.

the card I got http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?submit=Go&DEPA=0&CMP=OTC-Froogle&description=N82E16814102484

Looks like you ended up alright. That card should do fine for what you're doing. Editing avi and mpeg files doesn't really require much because it's not like you're rendering graphics or anything. If you were using Maya or Lightwave or something of that nature, then you might want to reconsider, but I think you'll be very happy with your choice.

Hell, I was running 1.6 on a GeForce 4 MX440, and many people know that those are the worst cards ever. Enjoy your new toy (2005fpw)!

Looks like you ended up alright. That card should do fine for what you're doing. Editing avi and mpeg files doesn't really require much because it's not like you're rendering graphics or anything. If you were using Maya or Lightwave or something of that nature, then you might want to reconsider, but I think you'll be very happy with your choice.

Hell, I was running 1.6 on a GeForce 4 MX440, and many people know that those are the worst cards ever. Enjoy your new toy (2005fpw)!

Thank You :2roller:

easytim