Next "time" to get a TV??

I got a 50 inch plasma for myself and a 46 inch LCD for my father at great prices (both under 1000) this fall. After black friday the prices went up as expected... When is the next discount window to get a TV for my father in law...(he feels left out)... I didn't know he wanted on and I guess mine got him started. I got a samsung and a sharp for the LCD but the only deals now don't look as nice...

I have heard it will be SOON for superbowl..I'm holding my breath until then. We went TV shopping last week and NOBODY had anything on sale!! We are looking for about 46" LCD 1080pixal and a 37" LCD or Plasma 1080pixal for the gameroom! I'd love a Pioneer for the Plasma for some reason I have that stamped in my mind!

In market for a deal, bought a 50 inch and it worked 10 mins and blacked out, so we promptly took it back and I and wanting another deal. I have a brand new stand that is empty awaiting anything from a 40-50 inch.

How long before the superbowl should we start looking???

• 2 weeks later...
If you aren't looking for a particular brand or model waiting until after the Super Bowl is probably a good idea. But the 2009s will be coming out in March. Phillips supposedly has some great new models arriving in stores beginning in March-July.

When we were at Circuit City yesterday (for about the 10th time this week) looking at TV's, our favorite saleguy said the best sales would be starting the day after the Super Bowl- he said they sell the most TVs during football season, so there will be huge markdowns- keeping our fingers crossed!