Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Hit two stores in Michigan this morning. One had nothing even condensed yet and the other was condensed but the employees were all putting new toys out and not marking anything down. Will check again tomorrow.

My store in Michigan wasn't marked down anymore than 30% either:no:

Long Island NY had 30-50% toys. I am so bummed. I have to work later tomorrow, and if they do markdowns I know I am going to miss out on a lot. No offense to any of you guys, but I am hoping they don't do it for another week. Summer school will be over by then and I can be there first thing in the morning. LOL.

My sil and I are heading to the Victoria Target tomorrow morning. Hope they mark down to 75% off. Idon't really need anything from the toys as I spent a lot on the last toy markdown..but there were just a couple things I've been eyeing for my son if they make it to 75% off.

Technically tomorrow is the toy day, but I asked someone from the markdown team and she marked down all the stuff I had in my cart! She asked if iI had anything else so I shopped some more and my friend came up and shopped too and she marked down everything for us. She was so nice. I went to another Target and they also marked down stuff for me even though toy markdowns technically aren't until tomorrow.

Yay! Now I can hit a third Target tomorrow!

I will post specific DPCI's later when I have more time but I'm the most thrilled about a Leapster/L-Max charger for $8.72, reg $36.99! My friend met me up there and she bought 2 Leapster L-Max's for $22.50 each!

Also got a Fisher Price ESPN Better Batter reg $39.99, for $9.98 and a Fisher Price Soccer goal, reg $22.99 for $5.48!

Technically tomorrow is the toy day

Yup, that is what I am getting from my markdown team ladies as well. They were supposed to do it today but they are behind and everyone is planning for tomorrow (except the Lake store here locally, they seem to be 2-3 days behind). One gal I spoke to manages the team, and they have been cutting hours but leaving the same amount of stuff to be marked down, so they are having trouble keeping up.

Technically tomorrow is the toy day, but I asked someone from the markdown team and she marked down all the stuff I had in my cart! She asked if iI had anything else so I shopped some more and my friend came up and shopped too and she marked down everything for us. She was so nice. I went to another Target and they also marked down stuff for me even though toy markdowns technically aren't until tomorrow.

Yay! Now I can hit a third Target tomorrow!

I will post specific DPCI's later when I have more time but I'm the most thrilled about a Leapster/L-Max charger for $8.72, reg $36.99! My friend met me up there and she bought 2 Leapster L-Max's for $22.50 each!

Also got a Fisher Price ESPN Better Batter reg $39.99, for $9.98 and a Fisher Price Soccer goal, reg $22.99 for $5.48!

The better Batter baseball isn't even marked down at my store I scanned it today and it's still full price, not even clearanced! I am so hoping I see some good mark downs tomorrow, there are no Lmax chargers to be found at my store either....the toys are very slim pickins!

The better Batter baseball isn't even marked down at my store I scanned it today and it's still full price, not even clearanced! I am so hoping I see some good mark downs tomorrow, there are no Lmax chargers to be found at my store either....the toys are very slim pickins!

They don't mark down the same items at all stores. Smaller stores tend to mark down items during this period that larger stores don't. Because there is less space available for the smaller store's toy departments, they clear out some items before Christmas to make room for items they think will sell better.

Most of our stores are pretty light on stuff left as well. However, because they are in the middle of resetting, they may have more in the back, so it is worth checking back for a few days after the big mark down. Sometimes stuff will come out unmarked, too.

They were so cheap, I bought 2, one for each of my boys. I had just bought one yesterday at another Target for $20 (50% off) because I was afraid I would miss out on it. I am so excited for tomorrow. I plan to load up.:yup:

My friend also picked up a Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway Cranky the Crane train & track set, reg $79.99 for $19.98! I falso bought 2 of Thomas & Friends Diesel 10 wooden trains, reg $15.99 for $3.98 each. My boys have wanted this train for a while.

Also picked up a Geotrax box set with a small circle track and a couple trains for $5.48, reg $21.99.

Edited by MelissaS
typo

Where in NY? I live in Albany and the one in Latham has signs up 30% but if you scan item it came up 75%. The one in East Greenbush is still 30-50%. I am going to try tomorrow...

REALLY??? I was at the one in Latham this morning. Must go out again. :)

I went to two different stores today. One was 50% and the other 75%. Neither had much left, but I still managed to spend more than I should have. I got the hooked on phonics for grades 2-7 for $9.98 and the Pre-K one for $4.98. I got a bunch more, but its in the car. I will post more when dh brings it all in :tongue1:

Is anyone on the list out in the Diamond Bar/Chino Hills, LaVerne or San Dimas areas? Or alternatively, Burbank/North Hollywood? I was wondering if there was any toy clearance left out your ways? Pasadena has almost nothing left, and I need to pick a direction to go in. I have, historically, found the San Dimas to Diamond Bar areas have a lot more left over, but La Verne is always a day or two behind. Anyway, any input is welcome!

I have been so busy with vacation then moving that I haven't had time to do any good hiding like usual!

Confirmed 75% off in Latham, NY... Niskayuna, NY is not. Lots of stuff not even marked with even ONE clearance tag. I just happened to scan stuff that I had seen clearances at other places and they were all 75% off. I got Leapster LMax, pink vtech vsmile and some Hooked on Phonic stuff.

Anne

I stopped at a brand new Target this afternoon (it just opened Sunday) and although no toys on clearance, I did find cat litter on sale from $8.XX to $2.04 each and then they had a mail in rebate on them for $1.50/each. After rebate and stamp they are still less than a dollar a box!

Hit two stores in Michigan this morning. One had nothing even condensed yet and the other was condensed but the employees were all putting new toys out and not marking anything down. Will check again tomorrow.

The same thing going on in Burton MI this morning.

I did get some girls tanks for .98 and some men's Wrangler Khakis 4.24. They also had men's khaki shorts in several colors for 1.74 but they had elastic waists and I didn't know anyone who would wear them.

Aren't you further South, Rebecca?

The same thing going on in Burton MI this morning.

I did get some girls tanks for .98 and some men's Wrangler Khakis 4.24. They also had men's khaki shorts in several colors for 1.74 but they had elastic waists and I didn't know anyone who would wear them.

Aren't you further South, Rebecca?

Yeah sorry I thought I put Canton in there! :) Heading out at 8 and hoping to find some stuff!

im so frustrated... I have been stalking T every day and went yesterday around 10 am and Toys were 50% off so I was there at 8am today guess what! Toys 75% off BUT most were already gone and picked over! They had to have gone 75 lat night from the looks of it! why cant they just do it in the am. So I did end with a few things I wanted and spent 27.06 but the big items I hid were gone and I just wanted to cry (ive been very emotional lately anyway) so I called both my fathers (yes I have 2, lol) and asked them to check teh T's around their works.

Went yesterday and found the Hannah and Jake dolls that I hid awhile back and couldn't remember where...;) Classico Pasta sauce ends up being $1.00 after Target coupon, not to bad. Got two more shorts that they finally marked down to 75% I also got Johnsons big bottle of baby wash for $1.37, it was clearenced $2.37 and I have 1.00 off coupon. NUK 10 oz bottles have free after rebate right in the bottles too, check that out! Oh and the only other toy I got was Mr. Magorium wonder emporium book & stuffed monkey gift set for $1.84 @ 75%. That was it for me!

I went to my Target last night, but toys so picked over, there was nothing there I wanted or needed so didn't go today.

My kids are 14 and 8 so its not like they want toys. I was just looking for my 5 yr old twin nieces. I knew I should have bought the baby alives 4 days ago when they were 13.98. My fault for waiting.