Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Still mostly 30-50% off toys in my OC area, but there were a few 75% off things --

### 087-06-1079 - Indy Jones Potato head - 3.74 (so cute - plays the theme song)

### 086-12-0304 - Klutz Book Lettering - 4.23

### 086-12-0304 - Klutz Book Face Paint - 6.23

found a few odds & ends 75% off in toys - small transformers & Ben 10 voice changers. They were marking down stuff in baby section, but didn't really look.

For those in the area, the Pasadena Lake store has a TON of strollers (including DuoGlide) in the area where the garden stuff was (far back corner by school supplies now). 2 whole aisles have been stocked with clearance strollers. looked like 30-50%

Lots of Baby Stuff at 50% off:

### SaraBear Diaper Caddy, 50% off ($14.xx)

### Itzbeen Baby Care Timer, 50% off ($12.xx)

### Angel Guard Seat Belt Release Cover, 50% off ($4.xx)

### Cover in Style Nursing Cover, 50% off

### DwellStudio Changing Pad - Circles, 50% off ($7.xx)

### Fisher-Price Rainforest Deluxe Highchair, 50% off

### Graco Mealtime Highchair, 50% off

### Britax Preview Onxy Stroller, 50% off

I feel like a stalker at my target :tongue1: They are getting ready to do something big with the toys, they were clearing out one whole isle and had carts everywhere....I'm going back this afternoon to see if anything more has been done. None of the employees will give out any of the info...I was asking about a pool and if/when it would be marked down again, and all the girl said is i'm sure sometime...well hello i could figure that much out~:rolleyes:

i asked mine and they said they are bringing in alot of new merchandise

I feel like a stalker at my target :tongue1: They are getting ready to do something big with the toys, they were clearing out one whole isle and had carts everywhere....I'm going back this afternoon to see if anything more has been done. None of the employees will give out any of the info...I was asking about a pool and if/when it would be marked down again, and all the girl said is i'm sure sometime...well hello i could figure that much out~:rolleyes:

Why are they so secretive? That is obnoxious.

I don't think the employees know exactly what products will be lowered next week or the week after, they are told which ones to lower each week, it's not up to them to pick what or when to lower prices.

Yeah, it really is the case that the employees don't know when they'll go down. The markdown team is told via their PDA which items go down on a daily basis. The day ahead they know which departments, but I have talked to several, and they are often surprised when something doesn't go down as they expect it to or something else goes faster.

As for the people on the phone, they are simply full of it. When I want to know if the department has had a markdown, I ask for someone in the department, then ask if they did the markdown. Works better, and keeps the front end from knowing if they did get marked down.

As for the people on the phone, they are simply full of it. When I want to know if the department has had a markdown, I ask for someone in the department, then ask if they did the markdown. Works better, and keeps the front end from knowing if they did get marked down.

The other thing that works pretty well is to jot down a couple of the dpci numbers, along with the original price, on the orange ticket. When there are certain clearance things that I am especially interested in, I just call customer service and tell them that I'm looking for a specific item and give them the dpci. They can type it in and tell me what the price is pretty quickly. If I know what the item is full price, I can easily tell from the price they give me whether it has gone to 75% off or not. I would never trust a Target employee to tell me if an entire marked down area (ie, christmas/holiday merchandise, toys, etc.) has hit 75% off. This, along with sort of knowing the approximate date that an area will be marked down, has worked pretty well for me.

HTH

Found these deals at the Vogel Rd MO location

###Reynolds Cooking With Foil reg $7.99 is $3.98

###Breyers Patch Paint & Acivity Set was $6.39 is $3.18

###Harmony Care Bear was $3.98 is $2.78

###Alex - My First Lacing Farm Animals was $9.99 is $6.98

###Original Fuzzy Poster Sun/Moon was $2.99 is $.74

###Fisher Price Crib Moblie was $34.99 is $25xx (sorry this is still in the car)

###Sassy baby's favorite faces "Who Loves Baby?" book was $5.99 is $4.18

###NintendoDS Flipper Critters game was $14.99 is $1.84 (MY DEAL OF THE DAY!)

Found these deals at the Vogel Rd MO location

###Reynolds Cooking With Foil reg $7.99 is $3.98

###Breyers Patch Paint & Acivity Set was $6.39 is $3.18

###Harmony Care Bear was $3.98 is $2.78

###Alex - My First Lacing Farm Animals was $9.99 is $6.98

###Original Fuzzy Poster Sun/Moon was $2.99 is $.74

###Fisher Price Crib Moblie was $34.99 is $25xx (sorry this is still in the car)

###Sassy baby's favorite faces "Who Loves Baby?" book was $5.99 is $4.18

###NintendoDS Flipper Critters game was $14.99 is $1.84 (MY DEAL OF THE DAY!)

1.84 for a nintendo DS game :eyepoppin GOOD FOR YOU!

All the targets I have gone to have the open aisle spaces in toys. Does everyone think it will be this week- Wed./Thurs. ?

i sure hope so... my dh works wed and thurs night this week.... easier to smuggle the toys in when i go overboard!

Thursday is the day from what I hear from my Target and another board.

I heard the same thing from a lady on the markdown team at one of the Target stores I went into yesterday.

I have my eye on quite a few things so I will be there bright & early! :tired:

Has everyone found that the markdown happens in the morning first thing or later in the day?

I think the price is changed in the computer at the beginning of the day, they change the price tags when they get to it, you have to scan everything & check if they haven't marked it yet.

DUmb question, but... can you do price adjustments on clearance items?

No. If you really want something, buy it at a higher price. If you find it at a lower price later you can always buy again and return the higher price one. That way you don't miss out on something you really want. We don't really NEED toys, so I'm not buying anything for more than 75% (except Thomas track, if I can find it), but I won't be sad to miss out either.

Has everyone found that the markdown happens in the morning first thing or later in the day?

I think the price is changed in the computer at the beginning of the day, they change the price tags when they get to it, you have to scan everything & check if they haven't marked it yet.

they get the information in the PDA during the overnight. However, until they scan the UPC for the items being marked down, it does not activate the price change. In fact, if you have an item hidden, and it isn't on the sales floor, sometimes it gets missed entirely and doesn't go down (though most stores will hit the UPC codes on a printed sheet if they can't find it). Anyway, it really depends on the store and where they are in their markdowns. Most of ours do these first thing, but I have seen it done in the early afternoon. I'd be there when they open to be safe because the toys go quickly once they are marked down. If they are not marked, though, you might see if you can find where they are working and ask if they are doing toys that day (if they seem nice, sometimes they'll lie to you). If they don't do them Wednesday, you might check Thursday as well. Just depends on your store. I have one store I expect to go down tomorrow, another Thursday, and another Friday. We'll see what happens.

anyone know what the babystuff is consider as far as the markdown schedule goes?

baby stuff is just baby stuff. generally done on mondays. unless they are baby toys in the toy department, then they are considered toys. Ahh...I see the problem, they didn't include it in the first post. It is done at the same time as kids clothes.

Does anyone know if and when the bulk cleaning products will go down any lower? I stocked up on those $2.25 coupons for the electrosol and I bought a few at 15% but 30% would be even better.

Went toy browsing and there was barely anything left.