Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

went yesterday...not much of anything. Diapers still 15% off (same as regular sale price), baby clothes 30%, playdoh deluxe sets still 50% which it's been forever. I only spent $5 and that's since DH needed a new lighter thing for the grill and I needed a snack.

I got 3 pr of summer PJs for me for 3.xx a pc. Target brand diapers ( so many babies due this year in dh's side of the family) for 5.xx a pack. Pink butterfly wooden picnic bench 24.xx i think it was 50% off but was the only one left so I broke down and bought it. There were Izac Mizerah (sp?) purses for 17.xx a guys came in behind me and bought all 4 that were there. They were leather and very soft but I never treat myself to things like that.

Did you get some Nemo stuff today? I hope so since your party is so soon! - our party isn't for 2 months. :) This is what our store had in Nemo dollar spot, but they also had coordinating (similar) items in the Ariel (Little Mermaid) design:

water bottles (super cute)

snack bowls with flip up lid (also super cute)

tattoos

marker/coloring sets

write on wipe off board sets

metal pencil cases

packs of Nemo zipper bags - 10 sandwich size and 10 snack size - (good deal to me even not on clearance)

something else I can't remember!

Thanks for the list....it wasn't stocked yet! I walked around the corner to one and they had a box that rope and Nemo tattoo's. I had the guy open it up and got some but he didn't know when they would be putting them out. I have a busy weekend so I don't know when I can get over there. How is everyone else's stores?? Are they out yet?

Today I go an outdoor rug for 75% off, last and only one marked down, I've been watching it.

The Lay's thin chips for .73 each after clearance and Target Q

Nemo Tat's and the pop and popcorn deal! :gdlicklips:

Thanks for the list....it wasn't stocked yet! I walked around the corner to one and they had a box that rope and Nemo tattoo's. I had the guy open it up and got some but he didn't know when they would be putting them out. I have a busy weekend so I don't know when I can get over there. How is everyone else's stores?? Are they out yet?

Today I go an outdoor rug for 75% off, last and only one marked down, I've been watching it.

The Lay's thin chips for .73 each after clearance and Target Q

Nemo Tat's and the pop and popcorn deal! :gdlicklips:

They were just starting to stock the Nemo stuff at 2 of the 3 stores I visited today.

Can someone please post more info on the sewing machines you are finding for $22? Like model number or upc number. But I would really like to know the model number so I could look and see what features it has online.

Thanks!

They were just starting to stock the Nemo stuff at 2 of the 3 stores I visited today.

I'm glad to hear this as maybe it means I still have time to get some more of each item, and maybe even on sale at some point. :) Of course my store cleared out that green and blue $2.50 safari stuff way earlier than others reported so it is also possible I found these too late and they won't re-stock...we shall see! In any case, as far as favors go, I still have 4 huge bags of that wooden toy dollar spot stuff that I got way back during the $.25 frenzy! :)

I got a GREAT deal tonight. My store had Children's Advil with an As-Is sticker for $1.96 reg. $7.99. I got three and each had a $2.00 coupon. I had to fight at the register, but finally got them. They paid me $.12 to take $24 worth of medicine!!! The best part is they are good until 2011. Security practically followed me out, but whatever. I am tired of being treated like a criminal when I shop there. They act like buying things at 75% off is wrong. If it's so wrong they should do their markdowns differently. Sorry to vent, but this store really bothers me!

They also had a lot of clearance food items for 50% off. Scored some good deals there too.

I found the info I needed on the sewing machine, thanks to Holly's help.

Fwiw, this is the one, though it's regularly priced online: HERE

Anyone know of the site/sites that you can check the status of an item at your local Target? I swear there used to be a site that you could do that on, but am lost as to what site. Feel free to post here (if possible) or PM me. Thanks a bunch!

I got a GREAT deal tonight. My store had Children's Advil with an As-Is sticker for $1.96 reg. $7.99. I got three and each had a $2.00 coupon. I had to fight at the register, but finally got them. They paid me $.12 to take $24 worth of medicine!!! The best part is they are good until 2011. Security practically followed me out, but whatever. I am tired of being treated like a criminal when I shop there. They act like buying things at 75% off is wrong. If it's so wrong they should do their markdowns differently. Sorry to vent, but this store really bothers me!

They also had a lot of clearance food items for 50% off. Scored some good deals there too.

wow! awesome deal but I'm so sorry they made you feel like that! I really think you should lodge a complaint to corporate. Maybe I am just lucky with my Target - a few of the cashiers can be a little on the "no personality" side sometimes, but never ever have they been rude or made me feel weird about coupons - when I make my big 10% off shopping sprees, I use a LOT of them!! If anything, I think they must be trained at my store to just quickly override the beeps on the coupons and punch in the amount because they do this without as much as a blink (though I always do have those items in the cart...) In this economy, and with other discount stores struggling, Target really needs to know when their best customers are being treated like common criminals for what is a perfectly legitimate activity! I suppose if a certain store got enough complaints to corporate there is a chance they would yank that store's manager or at least send them back to training...

If you regularly have trouble at a particular store, you should start taking names and calling or emailing corporate. It is the only way to get them to change.

Anyone know of the site/sites that you can check the status of an item at your local Target? I swear there used to be a site that you could do that on, but am lost as to what site. Feel free to post here (if possible) or PM me. Thanks a bunch!

That site is gone, unfortunately, and there hasn't been a replacement. :no::no::no:

Further markdowns on toys. My store had a full endcap of 75% off. Nothing too exciting though. Lots of those Scene It games. Sporting goods had some new markdowns. I saw lots of little kid ball/bat sets, t-ball set, gloves, batting gloves, etc. Also saw some Spongebob footballs, soccer sets, fishing poles, etc. for 50% off. My cute checkout boy let me use all of my coupons and didn't make me feel like I was stealing or anything. I am going to look for him from now on. It sure does make shopping more pleasurable when you don't have to fight to use coupons, especially the ones that Target generates. I think they should be more specific on their coupons if they are only good on certain items. For example, the Lipton tea. If it is only good on the boxed tea then it should state that. Or the planters nuts. If it is only good on a certain size, then it should state that.;)

today - picked up multiple purse styles for $2.48 & $3.48. For whatever reason they were over with the socks/hosiery.

also picked up the disney/pirates of the caribbean dried raisin & cranberry snacks for $1.60 (normally $3.89). It's a 6-pack

seer-sucker toddler dress and also some toddler shorts - both $2.98 each

4 photo albums, 2 brown leather, two red w/dragonfly embroidery - each for $5.88

Multiple cans of food - target brand and name brand $0.48 - $0.68/can plus I had coupons for the name brands. Which is great because they're having a food drive here tomorrow. Purchased 4 big shopping bags of canned food and spent around $7 after coupons just on that.

target brand organic salsas - mild, medium, and hot all $1.24

kraft macaroni & cheese - $0.48/box

tons of fancy chocolates for just $0.28 - $1.88 box

The site posted above is working for the DPCI for this machine: 072-12-0004

Went to Target yesterday..

disney/pirates of the caribbean dried raisin & cranberry snacks (bought all the cranberry ones (4) and one raison one. (these were the 6 packs). Mine said $1.60 on red tag, but rang up .98.

2 Market Pantry strawberry jellies... .98

1 Advil cleareanced to .98 and had a $1 off coupon so FREE.

Glade candle price reduce to $4.79 and had a $4 coupon so only paid the .79

1 liter bottle of Liption gree tea.. 1.02 and had the Target $1 coupon so paid .02(only had 1 on the shelf)

Angel Hair Barilla pasta clearanced to .72 Bought 2 of them

Few other food items but total bill was way under $20

(got some regular priced items too... (shock! lol)

I went to my nearest Target, and sadly they did not have any of the $22 Singer Sewing machines.

Fwiw, other Iowa GD'ers, the nearest machine is in Burlington, I had them check the stock at nearby stores. For me, that is too far away, like almost 2 hours. Hopefully it'll help someone though.

Slow day at Target today - I found some 20 packs of colored CD-R's for $3.99 (regular price was 9.99). I also found 2 grape mm juices at the store that never has them, so that was exciting!

could whoever found the ice cream maker so cheap please post the DCPI and other information? I've been dying for an ice cream maker but just can't justify paying full price for one...is that bad? lol TIA

I don't think it is bad at all. I know I am super bummed over finding no sewing machine. :(

I'll try and hunt online for info on the ice cream machine later tonight if I have time.

Finally found a sewing machine in Cuyahoga Falls. 22.48 :)

Also found one lonely shutterfly 8x8 photo book, it had no price and when I scanned it said item not found.....got it for 14.98 (still not bad but could've been better, they would not budge on the price) ah well.

and found 1 MM:D