Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

These were out at most stores several months ago... Now, for some reason, there appear to be Targets around that have either gotten more in or found some in the backroom that were missed during the initial clearance. I'm not sure. I have not seen any around here. They were all out in January on clearance and are long gone.

They are sold in boxes. All that is in the box is a piece of paper with a code for you to use to get Shutterfly gifts... photo albums, mugs, calendars, etc. The cashier must activate them during checkout in order for them to work properly. (Sort of like a gift card.)

Most stores never took these past 50%, so if you really, really want some and you see them for 50% off, that is a nice deal! More than likely, you won't see them go any lower. Many Targets salvaged them after the 50% markdowns.

Some on this forum have reported seeing them at Goodwill after their store salvaged them, but there are people who apparently had trouble using them since Goodwill has no way to activate them correctly. I'm not sure if Shutterfly has been cooperative about helping people get them to work properly or not... but buyer beware if you buy them at the Goodwill store. :)

HTH

I got mine at 75% after christmas in boxes electronics dept. & no problem at the store activating them. The ones at Goodwill had the problem. The Vday Kodak ones are gift cards that were not suppose to have been on sale. I was lucky to get them at 90% with overide & the LOD activated them. Just make sure they scan BOTH bar codes it will show on your reciept activated.

I got mine at 75% after christmas in boxes electronics dept. & no problem at the store activating them. The ones at Goodwill had the problem. The Vday Kodak ones are gift cards that were not suppose to have been on sale. I was lucky to get them at 90% with overide & the LOD activated them. Just make sure they scan BOTH bar codes it will show on your reciept activated.

...I think that's what I said.

Out of town in the Joliet, IL area. The Caton Farm Target had lots of electronics 50-75% off and Shutterfly stuff (only 30%).

The one on route 59 had a bunch of toys including the fisher price zebra, little people zoo and dora globe 50% off.

Lots of health and beauty products at both.

If anybody lives in the SD region (south dakota that is), the fusions/fissions are 75% off 9.98/19.98, they had naked brothers band and I am pretty sure I got the last two spongebob ones but there were quite a few of everything else. There were some games/music for them too but nothing my kids would have been into for 3.48. There were also some ocelo (however that is spelled) items for 1.14 and the printable q's work here!!! I used the ocelo ones, the $1 off 2 pepsi prods plus I got the $5 target GC and the $5 off $25 dollar toy worked with the fusions. And we still have the popcorn/pop for $1. This was at the Sioux Falls target.

I found the Phillips 100-watt high fidelity multimedia speaker set ( subwoofer and two satellites ) on clearance today at 75% off. They were regularly $59.99 on clearance for $14.98. I even used a $5 toy coupon and a $5 giftcard from the earlier Softsoap deal for a FINAL price of $4.98! This a good inexpensive speaker set for desktop computers, laptops, MP3 players, DVD players, even TVs. The UPC on the box is 037849951781.

Today was a great day in electronics!!!

Memorex DVD Player/Recorder- $64.98 was 129.XX

HP Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax- $20.48 was $82.XX

Sony undercabinet stereo/Cd player- $34.98 was $69.XX

2 Spongebob Fissions-$19.98 was $79.XX

Naked brothers band fission-$19.98 was $79.XX

5 cards for the fissions- $3.74-$4.98 were $14.XX to $19.XX

I got all of this for the regular price of just the Fissions alone. YEAH!! :)

I got a few of the o cell o sponges yesterday. I prined out 4 coupons so I got 3 of them that were on clearance and one that wasnt. At the check out 1.00 came off the full price one and only .58 came off the clearance ones (which were marked at .58) so I got them absolutely free! Got three of the MM boxes! :gdparanoid: And got 5 more of the pepsi, and a few candy things that were marked down to .68 that the boys will love. I went around the whole store and really didnt find that much. They must be on a in between thing right now. Nothing really stuck out that I had to have at a great price.

Has anyone else had a problem with the scotchbright coupons?

I went to a diff. Target yesterday that I normally do not go to. The $2 coupons attached to the clearance $3.74 shower cleaners instead of the $5 coupons . Then for the refills $1.25 the $2 coupons said item not purchased! To make it worse she did not even scan all & missed some! When I went to services they had the LOD look at my reciept she just said I should be happy that they took more than one! Fine print 1 per purchase. :eek: They just kept my coupons and would not price adjust anything. :mad: To make it even worse I grabbed the wrong snax coupons Frito instead of the exp. Dorito coupons & they did not scan on the Pepsi deal. Not a good day, I had to actually spend money on things that should have been FREE.:gdcry:

I went to a diff. Target yesterday that I normally do not go to. The $2 coupons attached to the clearance $3.74 shower cleaners instead of the $5 coupons . Then for the refills $1.25 the $2 coupons said item not purchased! To make it worse she did not even scan all & missed some! When I went to services they had the LOD look at my reciept she just said I should be happy that they took more than one! Fine print 1 per purchase. :eek: They just kept my coupons and would not price adjust anything. :mad: To make it even worse I grabbed the wrong snax coupons Frito instead of the exp. Dorito coupons & they did not scan on the Pepsi deal. Not a good day, I had to actually spend money on things that should have been FREE.:gdcry:

AWW :(

Why don't you just return it and go and rebuy with new coupons :)

I had my BEST Target run YET last night! Thanks to the person that gave us the heads up on the sponges! I went to my local Target to see if they were marked down yet. I went prepared with 20 Target coupons and 10 of the $1/2 Manu q's. When I made it to the isle none were marked clearance. Luckily I had picked up some last week on clearance at another door so I knew which ones should be on sale. I picked them up and took them to the scanner and Yup, 50% off! They were all between $1.14 and $0.98. So, I got 20.

I also found another of the Nexcare lotion for $1.84 and I had $1 coupon.

I received a Target coupon bood yesterday that had baby coupons in it. So, I grabbed those and the manu coupons that I had to match. I got a 64 ct Huggies wipes box that was $2.34 and I had a $1 Target q and a $1 manu q making it $0.34. I also picked up a Huggies baby wash that was $3.19 minus $2 Target q and $1 manu q making it $0.19!!!

I ended up putting my mom's duct tape in my cart.

They scanned my coupons until it was only tax left. I paid $1.25 total for Everything! I only paid tax and that was it! My total before the coupons was $33.xx!!!!!

My mom was amazed and could not believe that I spent less than the duct tape was priced for ALL of that stuff!

AWW :(

Why don't you just return it and go and rebuy with new coupons :)

Thank you for your concern!:)

Not that easy. Reciept before coupons $80.70 after $30.89 & got back $10 gift cards! Total OP. $20.89 +tx. Too many coupons at the bottom of my reciept, they will just tell me they were for the items I purchased. When they looked at my reciept yesterday they got totally confused! I think that is why they did not want to deal with it. I hate to drive another 20 mi. but I just might print more coupons & go get the other 12 SB shower refills they had free & maybe throw in a toilet bowel refill!:gd_devild

For the coupons that were valid I'd call the 800 number or email (emailing is nice because you don't have to get into a back and forth with the person on the other end) and raise a fuss. Particularly over the LOD's attitude. That is just uncalled for!

Just a heads up... Colgate 8.2oz toothpaste w/ attached free colgate total 4.2oz is on clearance for $1.68.... Inside the free box of colgate total 4.2 oz is a Target coupon for $1 off any coglate coupon. Expires 4/30/08. Cashier let me open the boxes after she scanned to use them on that transaction! lol. If you are able too, there are MQ coupons for $1 and $1.50 for colgate out there too. Just a heads up

I was just wondering if anyone has experience the trouble of having something over the 90 day receipt? I was so frustrated by Target this week. I had gotten a camera from my MIL for christmas and she went to Arizona for the winter and the camera didnt' work, when she got back i got the receipt from her and went to return it and they told me my receipt was expired and there was nothing they could do.

Go to a different Target. Tell them you don't have a receipt. Tell them you received the item as a gift, and you would simply like to exchange for the same item. See if it works. It's at least worth a shot, right!?

Thank you for your concern!:)

Not that easy. Reciept before coupons $80.70 after $30.89 & got back $10 gift cards! Total OP. $20.89 +tx. Too many coupons at the bottom of my reciept, they will just tell me they were for the items I purchased. When they looked at my reciept yesterday they got totally confused! I think that is why they did not want to deal with it. I hate to drive another 20 mi. but I just might print more coupons & go get the other 12 SB shower refills they had free & maybe throw in a toilet bowel refill!:gd_devild

Did you pay with a credit card or check? then you dont need your receipt for them to look it up and it wont be confusing for them to return the items....I've done it that way....Makes it easier for them HTH

I was just wondering if anyone has experience the trouble of having something over the 90 day receipt? I was so frustrated by Target this week. I had gotten a camera from my MIL for christmas and she went to Arizona for the winter and the camera didnt' work, when she got back i got the receipt from her and went to return it and they told me my receipt was expired and there was nothing they could do.

Go to a different Target. Tell them you don't have a receipt. Tell them you received the item as a gift, and you would simply like to exchange for the same item. See if it works. It's at least worth a shot, right!?

It won't work. They are hard-nosed about the policy. I have seen people leaving in tears over things like that, but they are very strict.

You'll probably need to contact the manufacturer for the warranty. That is likely what they'll tell you if they haven't already.

found the Polaroid digital video camera for 69.98 clearance 30 off...any idea when the next markdown will be? Girl at register had no clue! Thanks

Should be soon. Ours have been at that price for at least 3-4 weeks. They have been dragging electronics markdowns out much longer lately, so it is hard to guess, but I'd check tomorrow for it to be 50%. If not, maybe next monday.