Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I found two PS2 games marked 75% off (from $19.99 to $4.98). I don't know anything about them but they both got good reviews on the site I use.

Naturo Ultimate Ninja 207 12 1652

Naturo Uzumaki Chronicles 207 12 1719

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 207 12 1701

Edited by smjrm

not too much to report....some kids books 75%, including a Story reader refill 3 pack and the little bit that was left of the Nascar Daytona 500 toys (for DH). A good bit of kids clothes are 30-50%, mostly 30%. One of the boys party sets (sorry, don't remember which one) was marked down to 50% and still down the isle with the reg priced stuff.

Thanks to everyone who responded to the Minnie Mouse party ideas. I finally found 1 website (after looking at about 60) that has Minnie stuff and I want to combine that with some of your ideas so THANKS!

I needed a new cheapo printer and found one on clearance for $18.xx! Love it when that happens.

I also found lots of cabinet hardware -- handles, knobs and hinges for 75% off. Found a couple of the books that makes sound, Diego and Elmo, for 75% off.

At the Indianapolis (NORA) Target they were a good # of XBOX / XBOX 360 games on clearance. Most were marked 30% / 50% off but the ones I checked actually scanned for 50% / 75%.

I picked up Star Wars Lego 2 for the 360 for $4.99!!

I am sooooo excited I'm doing the happy dance! :g_dance: I finally got the Spongebob Fusion players for $19.98. ty, ty, ty to lovetoshopCA for posting the info about the additional markdown on that item!!!!

Ugg just got back and did scan it, still $39.98....I know I am going to forget next week and than they will be gone.

Ok, now I am getting abit worried. Last time, they pulled the players at 50% at ours.

I found a Banquet Crock Pot meal (frozen in a bag) today for only $1.24. I think the regular price was $4.79. I've never had them but for that price I'll try it! Edited by smjrm

Ugg just got back and did scan it, still $39.98....I know I am going to forget next week and than they will be gone.

Ok, now I am getting abit worried. Last time, they pulled the players at 50% at ours.

Ours are still 50% off too and I am thinking the same thing.. they salvaged them at 50% last year

I found a Banquet Crock Pot meal (frozen in a bag) today for only $1.47. I think the regular price was $4.99. I've never had them but for that price I'll try it!

Wow, great price! I like them, very basic but usually I add abit more meat or veggies and feed 4 very well....

Wow, great price! I like them, very basic but usually I add abit more meat or veggies and feed 4 very well....

Good to know, thanks! I checked the bag and it was actually only $1.24! I "need" to go to another Target to look for something and will have to see if they have any more of these.

Ugh...I'm ticked!!

Found several Spongebob Fusion players, the card stock, and 4 of the sound making books, ALL INF. I thought it was my lucky day. Well CS typed the numbers in on the back and told me they were all only 30% off.

I'm going back when there is a different manager. I'm still mad!

I did get a trunk liner for 3.48 @ 75% off. They didn't have the power washer marked down either. I'm feeling a bit bummed out!

The Fusion players in Ohio are still at 50% off too, they still have a ton, so who knows if they will go down or salvage. there were a few things at 75% off: hardware knobs, stick on decorations, Cars carpet tiles, found a few books, misc car stuff (mostly keychains and car seats), the kids clothes here were mostly 30-50% off.

Well, I saw it at another of our stores today only 50%. However, I noticed they were also behind at least a few days on their markdowns, so keep checking!!! All but one of our stores salvaged them out at 50% last year too, but not this year. There is still hope!

Ugh...I'm ticked!!

Found several Spongebob Fusion players, the card stock, and 4 of the sound making books, ALL INF. I thought it was my lucky day. Well CS typed the numbers in on the back and told me they were all only 30% off.

I did get a trunk liner for 3.48 @ 75% off. They didn't have the power washer marked down either. I'm feeling a bit bummed out!

I'd definitely check back. They might have salvaged it if they rang up INF. If you find them, though, take them straight to a checkout. Don't go to a manager. You'll get the same price, probably. Just look for the one you think will ask you if you know the price and tell them the $19.98 price. You'll have a better chance.

Just an FYI...Most of the time, in my experience, taking an INF to a manager is just asking for trouble. Sometimes you get a GREAT deal, but most of the time they'll look it up and if it went out of the system at 30% or 50% because they couldn't find any to markdown (they were either hidden or someone did a return and it came back after the markdown cycle), then the manager will stick to that price. It won't matter what you say about another store or anything. They don't care. They hear that all the time. And the standard response is that different stores markdown at different times. We all know that is partially true, but we also know that they follow a general schedule most of the time. Anyway, that is just my $.02, but whenever I hear someone say they took an INF item to a manager and they didn't get the price they wanted, I just shake my head.

Got a spongebob fusion, the video one for 19.98 today! I love that it's preloaded with games & music until I get a chance to mess with it. good deal!! was 79.99. I also picked up 3 movies on clearance at 50% for 9.98. The others movies were still 19.99.

I'd definitely check back. They might have salvaged it if they rang up INF. If you find them, though, take them straight to a checkout. Don't go to a manager. You'll get the same price, probably. Just look for the one you think will ask you if you know the price and tell them the $19.98 price. You'll have a better chance.

Just an FYI...Most of the time, in my experience, taking an INF to a manager is just asking for trouble. Sometimes you get a GREAT deal, but most of the time they'll look it up and if it went out of the system at 30% or 50% because they couldn't find any to markdown (they were either hidden or someone did a return and it came back after the markdown cycle), then the manager will stick to that price. It won't matter what you say about another store or anything. They don't care. They hear that all the time. And the standard response is that different stores markdown at different times. We all know that is partially true, but we also know that they follow a general schedule most of the time. Anyway, that is just my $.02, but whenever I hear someone say they took an INF item to a manager and they didn't get the price they wanted, I just shake my head.

I finally realized that too...I just take my INF's to the cashier, usually a young male or female!!!HTH

I have a question about the N Power Fussion and Disney max....can you use disney movie cartridges in the NPower Fussion, and the Npower movie cartridges in :)the Disney max? And does anyone know that if they are still making the movie cartridges for them both? I've seen them clearanced at Target and I was wondering if I would even be able to buy movies for the NPower Fussion if the movie cartridges were clearanced because they were discontinued...:confused:

silly question, but why do some people's scanners come up "INF" and some "NIF?" Mine comes up "NIF" which I always thought meant "Not In File" but now I am wondering if that is not right since other stores have INF. Maybe our store just flipped the letters by mistake and never fixed it! Like I said, silly question, but just curious! :)

(I work in software development and "Not In File" or NIF is the standard shorthand for when something is not found on a file read - maybe this is a regional thing, lol!)

My fusion came preloaded and you can also add your own media. At my target the Nfusion movie chips were not all on clearance. I asked today why they were not all on clearance and they said they were getting rid of the older titles. I don't know if that's true or not. I also asked about the Disney Mixmax since my 2 boys both want the pirates ones. The target person told me those had a lot of problems and they were not being recalled but target was not going to carry them anymore. My Walmart has also clearanced out the Disney ones. I do believe the media is interchangeable between both systems. I decided to buy the NFusion because I figure if they get phased out I can always download from my pc whatever I need and that will keep the kids satisfied. HTH

my store comes up "INF" and I assume that means item not found. That is funny though about yours!

silly question, but why do some people's scanners come up "INF" and some "NIF?" Mine comes up "NIF" which I always thought meant "Not In File" but now I am wondering if that is not right since other stores have INF. Maybe our store just flipped the letters by mistake and never fixed it! Like I said, silly question, but just curious!

(I work in software development and "Not In File" or NIF is the standard shorthand for when something is not found on a file read - maybe this is a regional thing, lol!)

I have a question about the N Power Fussion and Disney max....can you use disney movie cartridges in the NPower Fussion, and the Npower movie cartridges in :)the Disney max? And does anyone know that if they are still making the movie cartridges for them both? I've seen them clearanced at Target and I was wondering if I would even be able to buy movies for the NPower Fussion if the movie cartridges were clearanced because they were discontinued...:confused:

You need to check the compatibility formats on the packages. I have been told they are interchangeable, but someone emailed me saying they were having problems. I think it was an older version of the MixMax, though. So you need to check and see if they are both WMA or other formats.

silly question, but why do some people's scanners come up "INF" and some "NIF?" Mine comes up "NIF" which I always thought meant "Not In File" but now I am wondering if that is not right since other stores have INF. Maybe our store just flipped the letters by mistake and never fixed it! Like I said, silly question, but just curious! :)

Not really sure, but NOF is Not on File. Some of the scanners say this. Some say Item Not Found INF. It is probably some sort of internal error message with their programming, say something it has never seen before vs something that has been removed from the system. Could also be a difference in the scanning hardware and the software it uses. They hardware is not all the same, so it could be that. I don't think it is regional, but could be.

Ugh...I'm ticked!!

BTW, the fushion has two UPC codes, onewill ring up INF or not found and the other will give you the price....found this out the last time, my daughter brought it back and said it was found on file and I took it back and noticed two UPC (one on back, one on bottom)

Great find today, went to look to see if the Spongebob fusions were down and they weren't but they were miss marked. They were all on a locked rack and the clearance team must have been lazy and marked them the same as the mp3 players (because they were all mixed in the rack) so they had a sticker for 19.98!!! When I took it up it rang 39.xx and I said the sticker price is 19.xx and I got it for that. They still had a few left there too! I couldn't believe it.

Got a spongebob fusion, the video one for 19.98 today! I love that it's preloaded with games & music until I get a chance to mess with it. good deal!! was 79.99. I also picked up 3 movies on clearance at 50% for 9.98. The others movies were still 19.99.

What movies did they have for it? I have only been able to find Spongebob Vol. 1, and music clips, but I have not been able to find other movies (I have looked everywhere on the internet too and can't find what type of movies are out there.)

Something I learned today about using coupons and cashier having problems scanning them.

If you write down the #s on the coupon's UPC bar code under the coupon, then when the cashier cannot scan it, it is very easy for them to manually enter it. I've found that it is easier than them trying to read the small UPC bar code #s and oftentimes a mistake is made and then the coupon won't get accepted.

I started doing that recently and haven't had any more coupon acceptance problems :cheesy:

Got some great deals today:

2x 28oz Malt-O-Meal Marshmallow Mateys Cereal $2.69 -$1 MQ = $1.69

1x Neutrogena Wave Refill Pads 30ct $6.99 - $3 MQ = $3.99

1x Scotchbrite Toilet cleaner $5.99 - FREE MQ = $0.00 (Well I did have to pay tax on $5.99)

2 things:

1) Has anyone used the Neutrogena Wave and have found it EXTREMELY difficult to get Refill pads @ Target? I only seen them ONCE! Also, how has the Wave worked out for you?

2) The "Free" MQ for Scotchbrite Toilet cleaner is actually only valid up to $4.99, but the Target cashier didn't read the fine details and took off the cost for the whole thing ($5.99)!

I agree with this advice. It's what I do also. I NEVER go to a LOD/Manager or anyone like that. They will never give you the bargain that you want. If it rings up INF I just take it with me to pay. 120% of the time it's going to beep for the price - I just make something up one that's fairly reasonable. :]