Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

If you saw the item on the shelf at the 75% clearance price, you buy it at the 75% price. You then return one of the items with the 50% receipt. If you no longer have the receipt, you are out of luck. If you do not see the item on the shelf for 75% off, then unless you want to roll the dice, you are probably best off to just be happy with the 50% off.

Unless you used your credit or debit card, in which case they can look it up for your using the card.

A lot of us carry those types of receipts around with us in hopes of being able to buy at 75%, remove the red tag and then walk over and do the return immediately using the 50% receipt.

I bought a item on clearance - 50% off. It went to 75%. I could just return it and just hope it's still on the shelf to buy, but I doubt it.

Anyone have any advice on how to get it at 75%?

If the store doesn't have any more that you can buy and then do the return switch a roo...I have had pretty good luck returning something late in the evening... maybe on a Sunday and then heading back to that same store first thing the next morning. Almost every time the item has been put back out on the shelf by then. Of course there are a lot of variables to that too. Would the people working that evening potentially be interested in what I am returning? Is that store pretty good at getting their "put backs" back out at the end of each day?

And of course, you would probably want to make sure that the Target is fairly close so that you're not driving a huge distance for a "chance" at getting it. I am in a city and the drive to a Target store is basically on my way to everywhere. I find that during weekend evenings, it's mostly younger kids working and they are almost never in competition for what I am returning, but ya never know.

If you REALLY want it, I'd keep it at 50% off if it were me.

I thought the MM juice was just a joke being played on us, but I have been looking and today I found 3 pks of Apple juice! WOOHOO. I looked on the shelf and saw them at the very back so I took one up to scan it and almost wanted to holler when it scanned .69 cents! I also got a jewelry armoire for 24.98. I have always wanted one but never wanted to pay full price for it. I just dont know where I am going to put it so it is still in the car. :) I also got the sun shade that was marked down from 99 to 19.

I have perused the Target clearance racks for many years but never knew there was somewhere to share my addiction with other people who understand! I am so glad i found this site!

welcome. :g_hello::gdwelcome:

looks like you are from my neck of the woods.

dragged my DD to Target after the Hannah movie tonight...in hopes of the wagon...no wagon :( *sniffle* We did find some pink/black soccer cleats (she's going to be a pro soccer player), but none in a smaller size...they had one 1 shoe and one 2 shoe...with no partners...so we bought the size 4, she'll just have to wait a few years to wear them (the 1 would've been perfect for this summer!)...looked in vain for the shutterfly, but every person we found told us it was somewhere else, no-one knew what they were talking about! looks like we really missed the 75% markdown for sporting goods, now there is nothing left!

Went to Target today to check on the tents and there were none to be found... if anyone in southern California knows of any of the clearance tents... preferably the 2 room ones can you please let me know?

The Oceanside Target had inline skates for 4.98 up to 20… depending on the brand. I got a pair for my son for $6.44 (these are adjustable sized ones). Also got the 20 pack of Scott toilet paper for $5.50 a package. I bought 2 and left the other 6 there…. If hubby hadn’t been with me I would have bought all of it … he said we didn’t need that much… I said no honey… that would just mean I wouldn’t have to buy it for a long, long time :rolleyes: Also found 2 adjustable width chrome shelf stands where you can stack stuff on top and put stuff under it for $3.07 a piece.

That was all… unfortunately no MM juices here… Funny story there… we walked in and I said honey.. .hold on I need to go see if there are any MiniMed juices… ran down the isle.. .looked everywhere no luck… came back and he said Honey… since when does Minimed carry and make juices and what is the special? I go into explanation mode but he said honey… you just said Minimed… they don’t make juice.. I said no I said minute maid and he said no… you said MiniMed. Funny haha since Minimed is the comp0any that makes my son’s insulin pump and guardian. We have been having some billing/insurance issues lately… didn’t realize how much it was bothering me until then.

:eyepoppin

I have an issue with the Shutterfly from Target that I bought at Goodwill - codes are not activated!!!!!! So far I have only tried one - any one have an idea what I should do? I spent over $40 on these!!!! Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

well I had fun today! :lolrun:

I finally found the game chair regular $49.99 for $12.48 Major happy dance!!

I also got

1 pack mm apple juice

4T osh kosh jean $3.24

3T long sleeve t shirt $1.74

various clearanced makeup (revlon/l'oreal)made super cheap with the $2 coupons that are out

garnier nutritionist cleansers clearanced ($3.80-$2 coupon)

all in all a good day! :yelclap:

I have an issue with the Shutterfly from Target that I bought at Goodwill - codes are not activated!!!!!! So far I have only tried one - any one have an idea what I should do? I spent over $40 on these!!!! Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

So weird that you said that! My sister was just wondering the same thing! I would try calling Shutterfly. I had a problem from 1 of the books I bought at Target. The cashier somehow rung up 2 of the books, but only scanned 1 box. Shutterfly was able to help. Otherwise, did Goodwill scan the code on the back of the boxes? Good Luck!

I have never shopped at Goodwill, but do you remember when the cashier rang you out, did they scan the barcode on the BACK of the box (not the bottom)? Or how do they ring things out there?

When you buy them at Target, they have to do TWO scans, one for the barcode on the bottom of the box and then again to activate it, they have to scan the long coded UPC on the BACK of the box.

Goodwill should absolutely know what they need to do if they are going to sell these. You can't just slap a price tag on the box and ring it out manually at the register. There is NOTHING in the box except a code, which will be useless to you unless it is activated.

Went to Target to show DH how to peruse. Found a bow box .98, Thomas shoes (black velcro) for 3.xx, DH was looking for golf balls but they didn't have any marked down. Talked him out of a golf glove (hoping I could find a clearance one at another store). Also got some pop tarts w/coupon. When we got home I looked at my receipt and instead of taking .50 cents off for the pop tart coupon the cashier charged me .50 cents for the shoes. oops...lucky me I guess. It's not as good as some of you find but the Targets around me don't seem to have much left when I go.

On that note about the Shutterfly stuff. It makes me so nervous when people are having problems trying to use them. I have a TON of these books with no plans to use them all real soon (but definitely within the next 2 years). I will most likely go ahead and post most of them out to my Shutterfly account now, but some are going to be gifts for family members. So, I went through all my receipts and am going to store the receipts with the boxes, so in 9 months from now, if there is a problem, I have my receipt with the purchase and the activation code that matches the box. Shutterfly should accept that as legitimate proof since they made these things to be good for 2 years.

Our Goodwill just has a basic register with no scanner devices. I didn't know if I should tell Shutterfly I bought them through Goodwill/Target Salvage or not??? I guess I will try Shutterfly first. I tried another one and the code isnt activated on it either. I was so excited to try this out too. I'm sure others will have the same problem given the fact that these are disappearing from Target and going salvage. I thought I was doing good by making sure the codes were still covered. I didn't realize they needed to be activated. UGH!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if target can do something if Shutterfly won't??

Our Goodwill just has a basic register with no scanner devices. I didn't know if I should tell Shutterfly I bought them through Goodwill/Target Salvage or not??? I guess I will try Shutterfly first. I tried another one and the code isnt activated on it either. I was so excited to try this out too. I'm sure others will have the same problem given the fact that these are disappearing from Target and going salvage. I thought I was doing good by making sure the codes were still covered. I didn't realize they needed to be activated. UGH!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if target can do something if Shutterfly won't??

I think I might try to work through Goodwill. They need to know that what they are selling requires an extra step. I don't know what the return policy is for Goodwill, but I might try to start there and if they can't (or refuse) to help, I'd contact Shutterfly and explain that you bought one of their products through Goodwill, but it won't work. At the least, it should raise a flag to Shutterfly that they will be getting a boat load of calls from others who will have problems too (if, in fact, Target is in the process of sending all these boxed goodies to the local Goodwill store). In the end, it's Shutterfly who will get the bad rap on this cause their name is on the product.

If the store doesn't have any more that you can buy and then do the return switch a roo...I have had pretty good luck returning something late in the evening... maybe on a Sunday and then heading back to that same store first thing the next morning. Almost every time the item has been put back out on the shelf by then. Of course there are a lot of variables to that too. Would the people working that evening potentially be interested in what I am returning? Is that store pretty good at getting their "put backs" back out at the end of each day?

And of course, you would probably want to make sure that the Target is fairly close so that you're not driving a huge distance for a "chance" at getting it. I am in a city and the drive to a Target store is basically on my way to everywhere. I find that during weekend evenings, it's mostly younger kids working and they are almost never in competition for what I am returning, but ya never know.

If you REALLY want it, I'd keep it at 50% off if it were me.

I think I'm going to keep it at 50%. The place I got it from, there might be a chance it will still be on the shelf, but I just have a feeling at 75% off, it won't.

I wanted to see if I can go to customer service, tell them I made a mistake of charging it on the wrong credit card, and have it charged onto the right credit card. It can be an honest mistake, right? I just have to act like I'm surprised when the price drops.... :)

I already tried at one store and got rejected.

It sucks that I have to return it, wait for them to put it back on the shelf (who knows when) in order to get the 75% off. Such crap.

I think I'm going to keep it at 50%. The place I got it from, there might be a chance it will still be on the shelf, but I just have a feeling at 75% off, it won't.

I wanted to see if I can go to customer service, tell them I made a mistake of charging it on the wrong credit card, and have it charged onto the right credit card. It can be an honest mistake, right? I just have to act like I'm surprised when the price drops.... :)

I already tried at one store and got rejected.

It sucks that I have to return it, wait for them to put it back on the shelf (who knows when) in order to get the 75% off. Such crap.

Credit card doesn't work.

I had to have 2 items split on to two seprate reciepts for rebates. This was an honest mistake I made. They would only ring them at the same 50% off that I origionally paid, not the lower clearance price.

Our Target didn't have a lot here yesterday.:no:

I did get the Tidliewinks crib cover last week. Glad I did too as they are so nice on my ds bed! :) I'm hoping to get to a Target where I think they'll have more stuff. I go to one when ds goes to school and they never have anything. Ah well, on with the hunt!

Nicole

Where do you shop so I know to stay away....:D

I go to Centerville, Town East and Addison on a weekly basis

I usually go to the Marketplace and Marsh Targets cause they are close to work. Sometimes I check out the Northwest Hwy store. If I am going to visit my GS I will go to the Town East store. When I get a wild hair I will go to one totally out of the way! I always love to see what I can find!

Found a good amount of stuff yesterday, but had to go to 4 Targets to find all these deals Luckily they are only about 15 minutes apart.

Infant Lamaze toy 3.xx

Pack and Play Sheets 2.xx

4 Shutterfly mugs 3.xx

5 shutterfly keychains 5.xx

1 shutterfly calendar 5.xx

2 cereal dispensers was 29.xx now 7.xx

listerine 2pk 2.50

olay 2 pk 2.50

soft scrub 2pk 2.48

twin air matress 3.xx

baby bounce bounce 9.xx

itsy bitsy bouncer 9.xx

Hmmmm.....adrewell, not too sure about your anymore :no::no::no:....here they are called "go-backs."

Really? Maybe it's a regional thing. Like here they are called buggys and up north they are called carts? That "other store" you know the one that starts with a W that I refuse to shop in, they call them go backs. But at Target, everynight they call over that walkie talkie thing "I need a team member from all departments to the service desk for your reshop".

I'm sorry KC - you can keep your card.:gdbouquet1: