Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Thanks to who-ever posted about the popcorn/drink deal!! It wasn't on the menu board. They sell the popcorn alone for about a $1.00....with drink I paid $1.08! The cashier said not many poeple know about the deal........NOT FOR LONG!

What do I ask for to get the popcorn/drink deal for $1? How crazy am I that I am this excited about keeping my DD3 quiet while I look for deals at Target? :eyepoppin:D

Question for you Target pros - I've never been able to figure out if things need to be scanned by the clearance team to be marked down or if there's some sort of system wide update. If there's only one left in the store and it's misplaced, will it go down if it was meant to or does it need a shot from the scanner?

Question for you Target pros - I've never been able to figure out if things need to be scanned by the clearance team to be marked down or if there's some sort of system wide update. If there's only one left in the store and it's misplaced, will it go down if it was meant to or does it need a shot from the scanner?

Based on what I saw today, it does need to be shot with the scanner initally, but I think after a day or so the whole system gets updated. Just my guess, but I know for sure today I scanned an item and it was going 75% today, so I saw the scanning lady and asked her if it was going to go 75% today and she said she would change it right then and she did on two items.

I was so tempted to pull her toward the big items and have her follow me around the baby section just scanning all the things I wanted :yup: I should have because after I returned an hour later, everything was marked and I got to the aisle just in time to see a lady grab the eddie bauer high chair I wanted! :( You have to hate when you miss an item by a few seconds!!! :cheesy:

What do I ask for to get the popcorn/drink deal for $1? How crazy am I that I am this excited about keeping my DD3 quiet while I look for deals at Target? :eyepoppin:D

I want to know too, not for my kids but for my husband :homer::lmao: should keep him out of my hair for a while

What do I ask for to get the popcorn/drink deal for $1?

I thought that it was like a "Kids special" or something. The cashier said that it was just a popcorn/drink combo. She knew exactly what I was talking about.

Edited by jpbradbury
added quotes

Re: the popcorn combo. Depending on the cashier, they sometimes let me swap an icee for the soda w/o add'tl charge. We were in Target yesterday and got the cutest little rainboots for 2.97. They were kids size 13/1 and had cherries all over them. My daughter can't wait for another rainy day (which of course won't happen now that she has boots, ha!).

Thanks to who-ever posted about the popcorn/drink deal!! It wasn't on the menu board. They sell the popcorn alone for about a $1.00....with drink I paid $1.08! The cashier said not many poeple know about the deal........NOT FOR LONG! :)

It is not on our board either.......but it is a great deal!:D They will charge you more if you ask for an icee though, and my Target could care less what kind of drink you get. And don't forget the free refill for the way home.;)

lots of camping clearance 75& off- also lots of bras and undies marked 75% off- and many frames were 50% off- wanted the jewelery armoire- 75% off 24.99- but figured I really didn't NEED it ( the first time that has ever stopped me.) LOL

Thanks for the heads up! ...I was waiting for the camping to go 75% and if I don't get there in the next couple of days, I'll be out of "luck". I start a new job next week, which will keep me from shopping so much! ...oh the horrors of not being able to catch the markdowns as they are happening! :eek:

Wow.. I haven't been able to find anything at my local Target for quite some time. Seems like all the stuff gets gone before it even gets to 50%, still perusing though, keep hoping someone will change their minds about a sewing machine. :) lol. Figure the odds...

The popcorn combo discussion is cracking me up. They also have a pretzel/drink combo. My 2 1/2 year old is so spoiled. He gets stuffed when we shop at Target.;)

Might I add that I could not believe the size of the popcorn we got and a decent sized drink!!! :eyepoppin I was expecting to get a handfull of popcorn and a sip of drink. It is a great deal! By the way, what is the pretzel and drink deal?

Last week I was at Target and there was a lady asking a worker where the little girl's coats were. They were all sold out. I proceeded to tell the lady that JC Penny's (which is right next to target)has having the additional 50% off sale and they had a ton of girl's coats. There was dead silence as the woman just glared at me for about 30-45 seconds! If looks could kill! She bit my head off when she informed us that she did not want to go to a second store! I was floored and wanted to knock her on her rear for being such a witch! :gdboxer: She didn't deserve a good deal anyway

I know what you mean. The same thing happened to me when I had some extra Polly Pocket Q's before they expired. I offered one of mine to a lady with a little girl that was using her own money to buy a special toy. They were looking at the Polly Pockets and thought I would spread the love and offer them one. The mom looked at me and stared for a minute but did eventually take it and said thank you reluctantly. :confused:

Thanks to who-ever posted about the popcorn/drink deal!! It wasn't on the menu board. They sell the popcorn alone for about a $1.00....with drink I paid $1.08! The cashier said not many poeple know about the deal........NOT FOR LONG! :)

That is so weird. This has been sort of the standard here for a couple of years. In fact they look at you like you are crazy if you say you don't want the drink. It is up on the board in all our local stores.

most of the time it needs to be hit with a scanner. You can often approach the markdown team while they are working and ask them to check an item. Otherwise, if it is hidden, you can give it a few days and see what happens. Sometimes they seem to update the system over a weekend. But most of the time it needs to be hit.

Finally, after three months, I found 4 packs of Fruit Punch Minute Maid juice boxes at the Millenia ST! The cashier kept looking at the boxes after she rang them up, she was in disbelief. Still only 50% on the tents, but found lots of kids' slippers, sandals, and water shoes like crocs for 75%. Kids' bulk Suave shampoos were 30%.

Went to Vogel Rd. location this AM and found Shutterfly 75% off:eyepoppin I was soooooo excited :) The cashiers were even amazed!!!!

Not too much baby stuff (only 15-30%) but they did have a lot of infant/toddler shirts 75% off. Also, Red Zone body wash 2 pack with body poof marked 50%.

Guess I'll have to keep this location in mind when I am on the Missouri side :)