Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

OMG - I thought I was the only one who did this. I have to rush home from Target to hide all my bags in my closet or attic - I even forget what I have bought sometimes.....I get the Target speech every couple of months too! You can't even open my closet without something falling on your head and heaven forbid he might need to go in the attic for something.......:eyepoppin

I just had to crack up when I read about things falling on your head from your closet because it hit home. I was so thrilled when I got to wrap all the gifts for christmas that I've been stashing since last year and so tickled to get into my closet and be able to reach shoes and clothes I hadn't been able to get to because all the toys, clothes and what nots. Now just after 1 week I can no longer get in there again.

Now for the last target day for awhile for me

There wasn't much toys left but did manage to pick up some lego sets and the best was a party pack of 12 champagne glasses with a gold rim for $5

Hi Katiesmommy! I agree!! I have an entire "gift basement" which I just spent 2 hours rearranging in the vain attempt to fit all my toy purchases in there! :) If I recall you live in PA, correct? You may be my closest GDer on this thread geographically, except maybe a gal or two in VA..? I am in Ellicott City, MD which is between D.C. and Baltimore but closer to Baltimore. Things around here have gotten SO expensive it is ridiculous. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Baltimoron though so I'll probably never move anywhere else. :) We didn't get Targets here at all until about 1995 or so, so most of them are all newer looking and very nice. I guess I get something at least for living in like one of the most expensive states in the nation (groan).

HIIII!!!!!:g_hello: I have a HUGE pile in my storage area that needs desperately to be arranged and organized and HIDDEN as soon as DD head to school Monday...then we have another pile in our dining room from today (she came with me)...that also needs to be put away...and we're heading to yet another (my 4th) Target tomorrow early...so who knows what else will come home! :gdcar:

I have at least one other GDer near me (in my town!!!!) Hi Chefpatty!:g_hello:

OMG!:eek: are you OK????:confused:

Yes thanks for asking!! It happened at 11pm so we were all gone home. But the whole shock :eek:of thing was sort of alarming!! Drunk driver just shot through the whole store. :no: What a mess. Thank God he hit the building and not another car. But trying to calm the boss and help clean up a little (restoration company will do the rest). Gosh darn it though.....I had plans to go to the Target toy sale!!!! :D LOL...oh well, I'll have to wait for the summer sale. Or maybe Wal-Mart :yuck: will eventually clearance some of their stuff. I was there today too....so much stuff left and their clearance prices are crazy. They will never get rid of the crap at those prices.......

I returned a few things today I got at at 50% off but found this week for 75%. I was not the only one. In line was 3 people doing the same. I asked if one of my items would be back on the shelf for me or someone to repurchase and she said no it gave a defect ticket or something and she had to send it to the back. Funny thing is everything prinkted out a defect ticket or whatever it was. This happen to the lady beside me too. I then walked to see if they had any toys left and they had no at all. This store had nothing at all left and I mean nothing. They just had a good bite a week earlier and only 30% off. I think they have someone local they are holding and selling the stuff to. I never find anything lately at this store that makes it past 30% off so it seems. So that got me thinking about this auction I go to. They have a dealer who comes in with nothing but stuff that has been clearance at Target in the past. Lots of time it is in Target boxes. Makes me wonder.

I returned a few things today I got at at 50% off but found this week for 75%. I was not the only one. In line was 3 people doing the same. I asked if one of my items would be back on the shelf for me or someone to repurchase and she said no it gave a defect ticket or something and she had to send it to the back. Funny thing is everything prinkted out a defect ticket or whatever it was. This happen to the lady beside me too. I then walked to see if they had any toys left and they had no at all. This store had nothing at all left and I mean nothing. They just had a good bite a week earlier and only 30% off. I think they have someone local they are holding and selling the stuff to. I never find anything lately at this store that makes it past 30% off so it seems. So that got me thinking about this auction I go to. They have a dealer who comes in with nothing but stuff that has been clearance at Target in the past. Lots of time it is in Target boxes. Makes me wonder.

I've heard throught the grapevine that Target takes their clearanced out leftovers and donates them to the GoodWill-can't be for the tax right off??:) Anyways I've also read on other forums the people that cruise Target each and every day hunting down perimeter clearanced items, that the same people also peruse through the GoodWill store on a weekly basis hunting down Target clearanced items. And I think I have a deal addiction??

I think I was wearing jeans, brown hair & glasses. I don't stand out much. How about you? what were you wearing, and who was with you? I might have seen you! Did you get what you were after? There were a LOT of people at Lake going crazy.

I did go over to Eagle Rock and they had done it but there was almost nothing left. I don't think I bought anything there yesterday. We went to Alhambra after school, but since they hadn't marked down further we only bought some things my boys wanted to get with their Christmas gift cards. One of them was excited to find the same Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Pokedex that someone else mentioned because it had a red sticker on it. Same thing as the other poster mentioned, they clearly mis-marked it, but it meant he could afford it with the gift card! He is a happy boy!

who were you with ? i was wearing a black jacket and black pants ....do yu know if alhambra or burbank went down ? :)

Whatever will you do when he sees the bills? Or do you handle the bills, which means he won't *really* ever have to find out! LOL :P

Oh, he sees the bills alright, and he actually even pays for them and never says a word. I think he thinks I am just buying toilet paper! ha ha! He knows I buy the kids clothes for next year and I stock up on toys, but he probably thinks I just pay regular price and just get a few items. I used to show him all the bags of stuff I would get from my shopping sprees and he would just get a blank look on his face, you know, like a deer in headlights. :confused: I figured I would save him the emotional trauma and just stash the stuff where he can't see it. I do have to do a lot of creative re-arranging all the time, though! :)

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to spend so much time bargain shopping and re-arranging the closets, but in the end, I say, YES! It is worth it!

Oh, he sees the bills alright, and he actually even pays for them and never says a word. I think he thinks I am just buying toilet paper! ha ha! He knows I buy the kids clothes for next year and I stock up on toys, but he probably thinks I just pay regular price and just get a few items. I used to show him all the bags of stuff I would get from my shopping sprees and he would just get a blank look on his face, you know, like a deer in headlights. :confused: I figured I would save him the emotional trauma and just stash the stuff where he can't see it. I do have to do a lot of creative re-arranging all the time, though! :)

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to spend so much time bargain shopping and re-arranging the closets, but in the end, I say, YES! It is worth it!

:cheesy: LOL I can so imagine that "deer in headlights" look. They don't understand it, but at least your DH doesn't question it. But I think you rock! I've tried telling my friends and none of them understand either. At the end of the day, ppl think I'm rich when I give out nice presents, but I actually shop throughout the year to get cool gifts at great prices. I think all GD'ers deserve a round of applause for all the savings thus far this New Year 2008!:g_clap:

Yes thanks for asking!! It happened at 11pm so we were all gone home. But the whole shock :eek:of thing was sort of alarming!! Drunk driver just shot through the whole store. :no: What a mess. Thank God he hit the building and not another car. But trying to calm the boss and help clean up a little (restoration company will do the rest). Gosh darn it though.....I had plans to go to the Target toy sale!!!! :D LOL...oh well, I'll have to wait for the summer sale. Or maybe Wal-Mart :yuck: will eventually clearance some of their stuff. I was there today too....so much stuff left and their clearance prices are crazy. They will never get rid of the crap at those prices.......

OMG...Glad you are ok! Best wishes to your boss and you!:)

Guest quigonatr
:) What has anyone else gotten good deals on that weren't toys? I got Spongebob & Hello Kitty spin tooth brush & tooth paste sets for $2.24 75% off! Just wondering WHAT ELSE I NEED TO BE LOOKING FOR! I must be missing somethig!!! I FEEL A LITTLE LONELY :( IN FLORIDA JUST NORTH OF TAMPA IT SEEMS NOONE ELSE IS ON HERE FROM MY AREA !! I Hope to find someone to pursue this area w/ on hear ~there are plenty of Target stores around 3 within 20 minutes from me, so I won't take your bargin! :fluffy: ALEXUSRYDER I love seeing what you have to say, but still seems like your quite far away!I never make it to Tampa or Lakeland :fluffy: My friends think i am nuts going to Target all the time & buying all this stuff~ I really think they are just jealous sometimes!!

I am in New Tampa, I went to two...and scored big time. Actually I have got to take a couple of things back....where do you live? And yes my hubby thinks I am nuts...i came home with toys and dishes 46 piece for 7.48 can you believe that.

I've heard throught the grapevine that Target takes their clearanced out leftovers and donates them to the GoodWill-can't be for the tax right off??:) Anyways I've also read on other forums the people that cruise Target each and every day hunting down perimeter clearanced items, that the same people also peruse through the GoodWill store on a weekly basis hunting down Target clearanced items. And I think I have a deal addiction??

They sell them to Goodwill, Salvation Army, Big Lots and a large number of liquidators. There is a website called Liquiation.com that some Target stores sell their salvage (by the truckload or pallet) through. It varies by location. If they donate it during the tax year it was acquired, they don't get the better write-off so they sell it. Then they make their charitable donations in actual money.

who were you with ? i was wearing a black jacket and black pants ....do yu know if alhambra or burbank went down ? :)

I was with a local friend. She's more noticeable because she is VERY tall and thin. Are you Asian, and did you come with your mother? I saw someone wearing black at the Lake store who might have been you. She had at least one overflowing basket and talked to some other customer like they knew each other. I kept listening to people to try to determine if anyone was talking like they knew what was going on so that maybe they were the GD people. It was pretty crazy though!

Burbank marked theirs the same day, but there wasn't much left by the time I got there. I did pick up a RoboPanda for my friend (which she thankfully picked up yesterday - those things are huge!). I found a few odds and ends (Playmobil) that weren't marked for some reason, and was able to find a markdown guy to fix that. Alhambra finally marked theirs Friday afternoon, but there wasn't much left. They left a lot of stuff unmarked, too. Not sure if they just missed it, or if they did on purpose. I wouldn't bother going unless I were already in the area.

Did you get your Robo Panda? I almost bought two to offer you one, but they were so big I didn't have a place to keep it till I heard back. Hope you got yours.

:) My friends think i am nuts going to Target all the time & buying all this stuff~ I really think they are just jealous sometimes!!

My friends are the same way. Then they want to know about the good deals, etc. I have one friend who says well you have money to shop. I keep telling her that the only reason I shop is because I look for bargains. I would NEVER shop like this at regular price. Perish the thought!! Besides, where is the fun in buying things at regular price? There's no hunt or sense of satisfaction in knowing I just saved money.

I'm single so I don't need to worry about the hubby questioning what I buy. However, I will be moving next weekend and the first load to the new house will be the minivan load of items from the Target 75% toys sale. :giggle:

OMG - I thought I was the only one who did this. I have to rush home from Target to hide all my bags in my closet or attic - I even forget what I have bought sometimes.....I get the Target speech every couple of months too! You can't even open my closet without something falling on your head and heaven forbid he might need to go in the attic for something.......:eyepoppin

My hubby is ok with it. I am usually the one kicking myself for buying so much. I still have toys left from last year. Hubby did make one comment after Christmas. He said, "I think more stuff is going up in the attic than what came down." hehe!! Anyway, I bring everything in and show off my finds. The dining room is usually covered in Target bags. Plus if he makes any negatvie comments he can go out and find gifts for all the birthday parties. I know he is not fond of doing any shopping. :)

All three of my kids have birthdays at the end of the year. From Nov. to Dec. in a 5 week period. also a neice in Nov. and a neice and nephew in Dec. So I buy clearence all year long and at the end of the year I do not have to buy anything for kids! My husband is always overwhelmed when I bring out bin after bin at christmas time. I also leave the stickers on so he can see how much I saved!!

I was there early on Friday and the casher just starting to mark down price to 75%. I got first pick of some good toys from Fisher Price and Playskool. My son and future daughter will have more toys to play with and I smile about the great deal I got. I called and told several of my friends. They all had a great time shopping at the great deal. One of my friend end up need my Van to take toys to her place because her car was full. I also hear some lady brought SEVEN carts of toys.

Are you in Fort Wayne, IN?

All three of my kids have birthdays at the end of the year. From Nov. to Dec. in a 5 week period. also a neice in Nov. and a neice and nephew in Dec. So I buy clearence all year long and at the end of the year I do not have to buy anything for kids! My husband is always overwhelmed when I bring out bin after bin at christmas time. I also leave the stickers on so he can see how much I saved!!

The younger ones in our family have bdays the end of the year too. But I am always afraid to buy items now because I don't know what they will be "into" then. It was okay when they were tots but now that they are tweens it is almost impossible to buy ahead.

Do you ever find yourself with items you thought they would like and then need to buy something else? I did this a couple years ago and gave the toys to Toys for Tots. So now I wait until the end of summer before I start looking for deals.

My hubby is ok with it. I am usually the one kicking myself for buying so much. I still have toys left from last year. Hubby did make one comment after Christmas. He said, "I think more stuff is going up in the attic than what came down." hehe!! Anyway, I bring everything in and show off my finds. The dining room is usually covered in Target bags. Plus if he makes any negatvie comments he can go out and find gifts for all the birthday parties. I know he is not fond of doing any shopping. :)

It has taken my husband a few years but he knows I am getting good deals and we are almost always prepared.Take this Christmas. I had unexpected surgery on Dec.14. I was out of commission,couldn't do or go anywhere for about 3 weeks after. Luckily for everyone I was done w/kids Christmas in October so he didn't have to go shopping and we all had a wonderful Christmas.He was really excited w/what I got at ON especially clothes for him!

Well, we headed over this AM...what a disapointment!! They had one aisle...whiped out! We only picked up a ssc pony and doll for a grand total of about $5!!! Not exactly worth the 1hr commute (round trip)...we also picked up a leapster game for $19 (saved $6)...bummer...I think i'm in Target withdrawl....is there a group for this?

:) What has anyone else gotten good deals on that weren't toys? I got Spongebob & Hello Kitty spin tooth brush & tooth paste sets for $2.24 75% off! Just wondering WHAT ELSE I NEED TO BE LOOKING FOR! I must be missing somethig!!! I FEEL A LITTLE LONELY :( IN FLORIDA JUST NORTH OF TAMPA IT SEEMS NOONE ELSE IS ON HERE FROM MY AREA !! I Hope to find someone to pursue this area w/ on hear ~there are plenty of Target stores around 3 within 20 minutes from me, so I won't take your bargin! :fluffy: ALEXUSRYDER I love seeing what you have to say, but still seems like your quite far away!I never make it to Tampa or Lakeland :fluffy: My friends think i am nuts going to Target all the time & buying all this stuff~ I really think they are just jealous sometimes!!

I'm in Lakeland but sometimes go to University Target in Tampa or the one in Wesley Chapel when I go visit my mom.

My DH is great. While he says that I need a new hobby that doesn't cost so much, he knows about my used to be able to walk-in "present closet" and has expanded our attic for the stuff I buy. He also said that I'll soon have a new Target to shop at since they are building another one about 20 min away from me. He even goes with me once in a while but I don't seem to buy as much when he's with me. That's probably why he doesn't mind going...lol.

Did anyone else get the Baby Alive twins ?? The boy and girl ... I was wondering if anyone has opened them yet...I am saving them for dd's birthday but am dying to know how they are !!! LOL

Funny you mentioned that! I found both of them hidden at a Target in Fort Wayne, IN over my Xmas Break.

I noticed that the bookshelves are on sale this week. I am in desperate need of about 3 to 4 bookshelves. Has anyone bought these before? Did/do you like them? My finace is moving in soon and he has TONS of books from him physics classes. I am going to move all my books from my parents houses that I used for my major (secondary math education).

Our Target does do the Goodwill donation however Goodwill usually charges more for the stuff than it was on Clearance at Target for. Crazy:eek:

Our Goodwill does the same thing. Even if it has a Target sticker on it for like $7.48 if you point it out to them they say well that was the 90% off price we mark it 1/2 of what it was in the stores. geeez!!!! they also get Big Lots stuff and does the same thing.