Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I just don't understand this. We had a woman go to jail around here a year or two ago for doing the same thing. I never understood the whole bar code switching thing that authorities said she did on electronics. Aren't the bar codes part of the UPC label built into the box? How does anyone switch that? Very weird what people are willing to chance just to make a buck or two.

They just print out a new one on a label and slap it on the box. Stores often change barcodes for a variety of reasons, or even manufacturers. When Mattel had the big Disney Cars recall, they ended up slapping a sticker over the old bar codes on most of the cars at Target in order to deal with the problem of the ones that were okay having the same code as the ones that were recalled. So it isn't something a cashier would obviously catch.

Went back this morning to make sure I didn't miss anything :cheesy:. They had very little left for 75%. I noticed some stuff that was 75% yesterday now only 30%, what is that about? I did manage to find a few good deals:

Shake and go speedway $12.48 not marked

Lego racers bridge chase $9.98 not marked

Nerf football with water bottle $3.74

Planters 3 pk Peanuts $3.48

Plastic egg keeper (for deviled eggs) $1.98

The legos were coming up "item not found" , but the cashier was able to find the last selling price.

Columbus, OH Target on Sawmill Rd had some toys 75% off this am.* I think they were in the process of marking down more - so I'll go back this afternoon.* They even had the Shake n Go Crash Up Speedway for $15!!!!!!* HOLY MOLY! I paid $30 for this when Amazon had it on their lightning deals and thought I was doing good since everywhere else it was still $50. I saw a pokemon handheld 2 screen game for $14...although I think it is going lower than that this afternoon.

There wasn't a ton, but I'll check back later to report.

Well thank you everyone for posting your finds here I am 6 targets later

American idol 12.48

Verticon 6.24 *2

Playschool ball 2.48

Little tikes vacuum and cow?

Dora vanity 20.00

Bratz mansion 22.00

Barbie throne 12.48

Barbie vanity 24.98

Barbie laptop 9.98

Vetch food thing 4.98

Mlp ice cream truck 4.98

Dancing Mlp 8.74

Race track set 12.22

Tonka truck 7.62

Butterscotch 62.48

Vetch camera 12.48

Disney pop up 4.98

Mall madness 7.48

Little mommy interactive 12.48

Barbie dress 4.98

Flapper dress 3.74 *3

Hsm game 3.24

Disney princess lip gloss

Disney shoes 2.48 *3

Shopping cart 3.74

Disney purse 1.98

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

You know why there was a line of men waiting outside of Target at 7:45, they're Hot Wheels collectors. FYI-I can almost guarantee you outside of practically every single Target in the US there are Hot Wheels guys there waiting for Target to open so they can run in for the Hot Wheels display to see if they stocked new cars. They're all searching for TREASURE HUNT cars. ON the Hot Wheels card it says Treasure Hunt on it and it's in Green Writing on the card, you can't miss it. So whenever you're in Target, check the Hot Wheels display to see if you find one, and every single time buy it for a buck if you can find one-just to spite these men. They're usually all gone after the men race in there every morning to fight over that one car. Sorry, I used to collect action figures and I figured out why I could never find certain hard to find ones-the Hot Wheels guys raid the toys every single day and buy all the limited produced stuff.

Thank you for the explanation. That may explain why they all seemed to know each other, they were all talking to each other outside, but once the door opened they all ran.

I remember a BF a couple of years ago, when I ran to the toys, all the men ran to the Hot Wheels I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. As you mentioned I will have to buy some if I see them first.. LOL

YEAH!! went to target today to scope out the toys (NOTHING good left of course)... but i did find a BUNCH of the carousel frames (both kinds) for $2.48. They weren't marked - just sitting on a shelf with the other frames. VERY excited... these will make perfect teacher gifts for next year.

Also found that the oversized sport stuff was ringing up less than marked. Got the rocket launcher for $1.99.

Had quite a few of the Christmas colored storage containers (clear with red tops) clearance for $4.xx. They had TON left... so maybe a new markdown??

This was in Columbus at the Waggoner/Broad St store...

Our South Elgin SuperT has the toys for 75% off. There were some great deals. I got some add-on sets for the toys they arleady have. Like BattleGround expansion packs only $4.00... regular $19.99.

My boys wanted that I can play guitar....for $99.99... Target had it for $19.98..I was shocked everyone grabbed them. I got one then while shopping I hemmed and hawed.....I figured we have guitar hero3 for the Wii and they love :fluffy:that.. so I decided against it. when I put it down three people ran towards me...LOL .....grad I got out to the way:shock:...whew!!!!

When I left they still had a crap load of toys...alots of girl stuff...:yuck:...:gdlicklips:

I was so proud of my mom today.. We went to Target to peruse and to see if any of the toys at 75% were left. As we were doing our perusing (BTW.. found another MM for .69 to add to my one from yesterday :D) she casually mentioned that the last time she was in Target with my 2 aunts she showed them how to peruse... thought that was just too funny!

no problem! thanks for the thought! if anyone else sees an extra please let me know! my dd name is Marisa (ma-ree-sa) and nothing says it correctly except this thing! I am not sure how into baby dolls she is so i am not wanting to pay the retail price in case she doens't love it!

thanks so much!!!

miranda

no problem! thanks for the thought! if anyone else sees an extra please let me know! my dd name is Marisa (ma-ree-sa) and nothing says it correctly except this thing! I am not sure how into baby dolls she is so i am not wanting to pay the retail price in case she doens't love it!

thanks so much!!!

miranda

Where are you located? The one I had was in Greeley Co

Uhh, that IS why Mattel produces them. And why they are called "treasure." Almost all the toy manufacturers produce "chase" pieces, and action figure collectors are exactly the same.

Yes, thank you I do understand their marketing ploy to hook people and I have no problem with it. Same with the action figures. The problem I do have is with the Hot Wheels guys. They first go to the Hot Wheels/diecast aisle and raid, then after they're done there (Or if Target didn't stock anything new) they commennce to go right on down to the action figure isle and take all the chase pieces to which ever line of plastic it may be. Highly, highly annoying and irritating. Sorry to bash if you're a Hot Wheeler. I've just learned their practices when I figured out what was going on when I could go to Target on weekend mornings. The kicker to this, I found out that these guys go there daily!

Everyone keep an eye out for lingering toys in the Sporting Goods Section..Went to 2 Targets today and both had a whole shelf of marked down toys that somehow didnt get put in the toy section like they were suppose to...

So although the 75% toy section was empty the SG section was not...I found 5 lego sets, a barbie vanity and some other items...

Personally, I think we shouldn't have to hide our stash..at the end of the day we are saving money, as another GD'er said! And everyone benefits LOL

For me it's not really saving money. I still spend the same, I just get more/better stuff.;)

It's gonna be fun at gift exchanges this year. Most of my mommy friends stick to the unspoken $10 or less birthday gift rule. So will I, but our gifts are a bit bigger this year thank to GD.:)

How many people hide their trips to Target from the other half? I feel like I have to and we aren't even married yet!

I do I do, my hubby has noooo idea the amount of stuff I have hidden in this house! Thanks goodness, I do however get the " you need to cut back on your Target trips " speech every couple of months, then I try to reign it in for awhile...luckily he gave me a $150 gift card to Target for X.mas so i got all my chrsitmas clearance and toy deals w/o him seeing it on the debit card :yup:.

Guess we have all crossed paths. I was at Target on Thursday at 8:30 am. I had the place to myself till about 9:00. It was peaceful. :) I got most of the stuff I wanted and more. I am sure I saw both of you then. I stayed till about 10:30 even skipped out of my tennis class to be there. Did they have any new stuff out at 8:00 am on Friday? I went to Old Navy instead. It was around 12:00 when I got to Target. I was able to pick up an Art Easel for my daughter. Did you see the Art Tables? One lady bought about 10 of them. They were all $9.98. I was actually at Old Navy again tonight. I had a few things to return and more to buy. No Target for me today. My oldest is having a sweet 16 party.

Happy Target shopping!!

THAT WAS ME!!!! I bought 7 for my Preschool. Were you standing in the isle at that time?? I got there about 12 or 12:15 and had my two kiddos in tow so I had to get one of the boys to bring out a flatbed to haul all my finds up to the Service desk. Those just appeared out of nowhere, i had seen them at the Prattville target and wanted on but they were $27 at the time. Apparently they had them in the back all through christmas and didn't know where to put them. They brought them out about 25 of them and they were gone in less than 24 hrs! Sooo funny! I was laughing out loud when I read your post! I went back later that night and they were all gone, so i'm glad I bought them when I did :yup::yup::):cheesy:

ok so i went in to see if i could get the adj on the toys that were clearenced last night .. signs all over said 75% last night so i got two items that rang 50% . this is what they told me. nope, it is what it is. these are only 50 the other stuff is 75% then some lady that was behind the counter said then someone fliped the sign. i said no u have them up all over. she said no its only 30% so what is it 30 50 75. come on im not dumb but i know what i read and i know the sticker on most of the stuff i got said 75. so how is it they pick what they want im so confused with the toy clearance

ok so i went in to see if i could get the adj on the toys that were clearenced last night .. signs all over said 75% last night so i got two items that rang 50% . this is what they told me. nope, it is what it is. these are only 50 the other stuff is 75% then some lady that was behind the counter said then someone fliped the sign. i said no u have them up all over. she said no its only 30% so what is it 30 50 75. come on im not dumb but i know what i read and i know the sticker on most of the stuff i got said 75. so how is it they pick what they want im so confused with the toy clearance

When I went yesterday they had a endcap with a sign that said 75 off but the toys were marked 30, 50 and one that was 75. So I took the one toy that was on there that I wanted and scanned it and it came up 50% off. So I went to put it back where I found it and their was another lady with the same toy I had put in my cart complaining that the sign said 75% off so I came up beside her and said me too!! They got a manager and she told them they would honor it and then told them to change the sign to 30%. So next time scan and then show it to a manger that the sign did say 75% off because at first we were given a hard time by the people who were stocking the toys. It was a whole display of toys not just in a row mixed altogether!

yup same thing.. im more mad at myself because the kid i had was changing the price if he saw it was wrong. and if i said something. i just did not catch it. ohh well still not to bad i guess. lol i did pick up the table today for 9.98. i was not going to but i figured it was good for this kids.

For me it's not really saving money. I still spend the same, I just get more/better stuff.;)

It's gonna be fun at gift exchanges this year. Most of my mommy friends stick to the unspoken $10 or less birthday gift rule. So will I, but our gifts are a bit bigger this year thank to GD.:)

yeah....I get a lot of looks from family and friends when I have a more 'expensive' present than everyone else....can't help it I know how to shop ahead and most of them are shopping the day of....:gdthums:

Sorry but I didn't make it last night. DH just didn't understand the situation and I really don't think that me explaining it to him in detail would have helped. I'm sure there's nothing left by now :no:.

What part of Westchester? My very first job was at Caldor on Central Ave in Yonkers. I keep trying to remember Black Friday back then but I can't.

OMG that is so funny. I grew up in Yonkers, and yes, I remember Caldor!! :eyepoppin I know what you mean about DH (I thought about going last night but figured it would be pushing it!). I figure by the time I'm able to go again on Monday the aisles will be cleared out. There were people waiting as they were unpacking.

THAT WAS ME!!!! I bought 7 for my Preschool. Were you standing in the isle at that time?? I got there about 12 or 12:15 and had my two kiddos in tow so I had to get one of the boys to bring out a flatbed to haul all my finds up to the Service desk. Those just appeared out of nowhere, i had seen them at the Prattville target and wanted on but they were $27 at the time. Apparently they had them in the back all through christmas and didn't know where to put them. They brought them out about 25 of them and they were gone in less than 24 hrs! Sooo funny! I was laughing out loud when I read your post! I went back later that night and they were all gone, so i'm glad I bought them when I did :yup::yup::):cheesy:

LOL I saw you. Were those your kids in the carts? I got one of the art desk, but put it back. I walked over to the school section and found the easels marked 75% off. It was a fold and go easel. It will work better for us. I don't have a place to put to much stuff. Anyway, I walked back over to the toy section to tell you about the easels, but you were gone. I did hear you mention your preschool. I was standing in the aisle at the time you asked for the flatbed. Not sure if you remember me. I was wearing glasses and have reddish brown hair. I think those kids chairs are like the tables. I don't ever remember seeing them out, but they come up on the scanner. Glad you found the tables for your preschool.

I was at ON Friday night as well, too funny.Target was more condensed Friday. I still managed to find new things. I went this morning to return/exchange at ON.Found out they didn't open till 9am. Ran over to Target, not much left but did still find a few things.I did not see any art tables. I am so well known, when I was sick and didn't go for a few weeks. She asked where I had been? Do you take tennis from David? He is a good friend of ours.I am ashamed to admit I was in Target everyday from Tues untill Today. I don't plan to go back until Tuesday, my DS is in preschool.

Have a great party!

I am well known also there. I was told one day that they missed me. The security guy stops me all the time to talk. He told me one day run to the back they have Wii's. It is funny. He said he racked up on 90% off Christmas in Prattville. I do take tennis from David. I was dressed to go on Thursday, but couldn't leave those toys. lol They will laugh at me when I go back to class Tuesday. I think I was in Target everyday last week. I tell myself not to go, but I am always drawn there. It is an addiction.

Yes, thank you I do understand their marketing ploy to hook people and I have no problem with it. Same with the action figures. The problem I do have is with the Hot Wheels guys. They first go to the Hot Wheels/diecast aisle and raid, then after they're done there (Or if Target didn't stock anything new) they commennce to go right on down to the action figure isle and take all the chase pieces to which ever line of plastic it may be. Highly, highly annoying and irritating. Sorry to bash if you're a Hot Wheeler. I've just learned their practices when I figured out what was going on when I could go to Target on weekend mornings. The kicker to this, I found out that these guys go there daily!

I still fail to see your objection. If they buy them, they buy them. I'm not a Hot Wheeler, but I do go daily after I drop off DS to pick up action figures, and I've never had any problems at my 2 stores. Some of them happen to collect multiple lines. Oh, and I find the action figure collectors basically do the same thing. They go primarily to cherry pick the hottest, hardest to find stuff. And they often buy multiples to sell or trade. And several collect multiple lines of figures. Can't see much difference.