Empty DVD Case

We opened Shrek the 3rd on christmas(it was a santa gift) and it was empty. After looking at the plastic wrapper(still there) it had been rewrapped and then slid back into the outer cover case. I know we have NO chance of getting this fixed and have just left it at Santa was so overworked some times mistakes happen and apart from being bummed that minute that she couldnt watch She has "forgiven" santa ....

I dont understand the point of the cardboard sleeves and feel that this wouldnt have occured had it not been there. Not all movies use this and was curious why some do. Is there anyone "in the know" to explain why the extra boxing is there?

Not sure if this is right subforum or not but figure it was a (or)deal and I would like someone to discuss it and explain so this is where I thought It would be best posted LOL

oh, I was just going to post my disappointment story, too. My daughter got a Rescue Pets epets from Grandma (so she could have one just like her brother) and we finally opened the box today to discover someone had taken out the online code. Grandma may return the toy to Target to trade for a workign dog, but the dog hasn't left my daughter's hands and she'd be sad if we can't exchange it for the same breed. I didn't know how they took the code out since the box was so well sealed shut but then I realized you could slip your fingers inside under the dogs neck from the front of the box and break off the cardboard code tag.

Some people...!!

Last Christmas in a Lubbock TX Wal-Mart, a single mother put an Xbox 360 on layway for her kids. When she got it out of layaway the box did not have the system in it, but had magazines and paper. They found out it was Wal-Mart employees. They were dumb enough to put magazines in the box that had their subscription name on it. Anyway, the police became involved. Some people will do anything.

the epet thing worries me as does the mass retailers hawking webkinz...i buy from my smaller shops that know me or a few recommended online places The larger stores do nothing to watch the codes and truly thats what you are buying.

I called walmart. They took it back but it was basically a "we will take it back because the walmart wrath gods will haunt you for defrauding us you evil human being and that is your punishment. So it will be! All Hail Sam Walton" experience but none the less we got a disc finally.

we told DD that Santa had issues in Elf Quality Control and Walmart is a drop off center for things that need Santas attention....She asked if an elf got fired...

I was going to say, the cardboard sleeve isn't for protection of any kind.

With that said, it's easy to shrink wrap stuff again. At a store I worked at, we'd often open items for whatever reason (show a customer something, etc.) and then have to shrink wrap it again. It looked factory sealed!

Last Christmas in a Lubbock TX Wal-Mart, a single mother put an Xbox 360 on layway for her kids. When she got it out of layaway the box did not have the system in it, but had magazines and paper. They found out it was Wal-Mart employees. They were dumb enough to put magazines in the box that had their subscription name on it. Anyway, the police became involved. Some people will do anything.

Now that is just cruel and dumb! I'm glad they were caught.