Dept. 56 Collectibles at Dillard's

Dena Neal

I stopped at Dillard's today to return a pair of boots. On my way to customer service, I noticed that Trim a Tree was all 50% off. THis is typical of after Christmas. But was not typical was that the Dept. 56 Collectible houses were also 50% off. My husband gets 1 of these for me every year but wasn't able to find any of the Christmas in the City series. So, I bought the Eastside Row Houses - normally $99 for $49.50. I believe that other collectible items like Waterford and Lenox Christmas items were also on sale.

I am always at Dillards every year as soon as it opens (usually 9am) to get the Dept 56 houses.. they usually have one from each series each year (One North Pole, one Snow Village, One Dickens etc) and they go 1/2 off with the Christmas Stuff.. I collect the NP village so I got the Santas Tree Toppers set for 1/2 off.. they also had a lighted tree accessory .

Dillard's always started the Holiday75% off on New Year's Day, but the last couple years the sale started on New Year's Eve. This also used to include the gifts in the mens section-but last year they did not start those items til way into Jan/Feb. Got an Ipod clock radio/docking station 75% off last year for 20.00 as well as flash drives, I pod chargers, etc. wonder if any Garmins are left???

I was very excited to get the Willow Tree Nativity Set for half off the day after! Those are rarely discounted either. All of our Hallmarks keep those full price year round, or until they sell out. An unexpected find for me! Maybe I will need to pay more attention to Dillards.